Quantcast
Bounce guitar tracks as mono or stereo?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bounce guitar tracks as mono or stereo??
Old 27th July 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Bounce guitar tracks as mono or stereo??

I'm ready to mix my project and trying to decide whether to bounce my guitar tracks mono or stereo. Most of my tracks are in guitar rig 5 or waves guitar plugin. Most of the songs are in the electronic alternative vain, and the guitar parts are more for flavor. Most of the guitar parts are layered and I used reverb/ delayed clean sounds. I used mono to stereo patches for these. The distorted tracks are basically the same. Any chunky parts I used mono stacked tracks. My question is should I bounce my stereo tracks with effects from the plugin in stereo or mono and should I bounce with effects. The stereo sounds are good, but will this give me the big wide effect bouncing them stero with effects. How does everyone else do it? All suggestions are welcome
Thanks
Old 27th July 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
It's really up to your taste. That's what producing really is. Choosing what's better for the song. Pick which one sounds the best.
Old 27th July 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
It depends on what you're going for. I'd personally keep them as mono and then down the line see how your stereo field is looking and see if your mix could benefit from a wider guitar sound.

That's just how I work, it works for me.
Old 27th July 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
It also depends on the genre. Most rock, metal, and alternative music are mono as most country and hip hop are stereo. I personally keep the rhythm guitar mono with reverb and the lead stereo. Acoustic varies depending on the songs.

If you want depth, you can go mono and pan to left and right or stereo and center it. There really is no right or wrong answer.
📝 Reply