The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which is should i use? Pro Tools or Nuendo?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq ➡️
It would be 'cool', but it is not going to happen. The bottom line is that letting that stuff out is diluting their product.

agreed

People on your own level will be more willing to give you a chance. Even if you work for free, doing something original and for real will be a more impressive spot on your show reel than your practice remixes.

I think you need to cast a wider net. On the one hand, it might be a plus that you know what field you are interested in working in - dubbing cartoons into Turkish - but even in Turkey, dubbing cartoons is just one kind of voice over work and one kind of audio engineering work. And even within the cartoon field, Disney is just one company that makes cartoons. Sometimes you have to go where the work is, and not be so predetermined.

If you want "eventually" work for Disney, maybe you need to start out small and work your way up. Employers will ask what is your track record? What work have you done?

In addition to independent productions and schools, how about local radio stations? I have a friend who does voice-overs for local commercials. Often he gets to use his "cartoon" voices in little skits and comedic commercials.

How about creating original material to put on YouTube? Maybe you can find some people to collaborate with if you don't write. Maybe there are young ambitious writers and animators who are in the same boat as you. Perhaps they have cartoons but don't have a voice-over guy?

If you got a lot of hits on YouTube, maybe bigger potential employers would notice.
By the way, is there anyone working at IMAJ Studios on this forum? Frankly, I would like to have more experience in these matters.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdem Alsirt ➡️
You are right. I know that big companies like Disney are looking for professional and certified singers and voice actors. But how much is this needed?
this is the catch-22 of all business, but especially show business.

You need experience to get a job but you can't get experience unless you have a job. In English we have an expression: " lift yourself by your own bootstraps". While obviously a logical impossibility, this means basically starting with nothing and turning it into a little something and then turning that little something into a bigger something. And so on.

Quote:
Isn't it enough just to have talent?
Talent all by itself is just potential. A busy company may even see your potential but pass you over for someone who also has experience. Someone who is ready to go now. Why should they take you, when there may be another guy with just as much talent, but who also has a number of jobs to his credit?

Someone who just has "raw talent" probably still has to be trained. How things are done "in the industry" or how things are done "in our company". Matters of subtlety and taste and control. Look at it from their point of view. This training takes time, during which they might be paying you a salary, certainly paying your mentors a salary, and you are not producing anything of value during this time.

It may be very competitive, in which case they can choose people who are already ex

Quote:
Does Disney only accept people with academically trained voice training?
I have no idea what "Disney" accepts. Write to them and send them a link to your YouTubes. Just don't stop exploring other avenues.

Do you need a degree? Do you need the piece of paper? Perhaps not. Do you need to learn the kinds of things they teach you in that 'academic' training? Perhaps yes.

I strongly suggest you stop fixating on "Disney" and start thinking about jobs you can get with no experience. Freebies and small local things,. Or self-generated projects. Even if they are looking for "talent", you are not likely to show that talent by doing remixes of stuff that is already been released.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I don't write film soundtracks. But i am focused on voiceover and vocals.
100% protools. done. no need to discuss further. get protools and get to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearstudent ➡️
100% protools. done. no need to discuss further. get protools and get to work.
All right.
Quote:
this is the catch-22 of all business, but especially show business.

You need experience to get a job but you can't get experience unless you have a job. In English we have an expression: " lift yourself by your own bootstraps". While obviously a logical impossibility, this means basically starting with nothing and turning it into a little something and then turning that little something into a bigger something. And so on.

Talent all by itself is just potential. A busy company may even see your potential but pass you over for someone who also has experience. Someone who is ready to go now. Why should they take you, when there may be another guy with just as much talent, but who also has a number of jobs to his credit?

Someone who just has "raw talent" probably still has to be trained. How things are done "in the industry" or how things are done "in our company". Matters of subtlety and taste and control. Look at it from their point of view. This training takes time, during which they might be paying you a salary, certainly paying your mentors a salary, and you are not producing anything of value during this time.

It may be very competitive, in which case they can choose people who are already ex

I have no idea what "Disney" accepts. Write to them and send them a link to your YouTubes. Just don't stop exploring other avenues.

Do you need a degree? Do you need the piece of paper? Perhaps not. Do you need to learn the kinds of things they teach you in that 'academic' training? Perhaps yes.

I strongly suggest you stop fixating on "Disney" and start thinking about jobs you can get with no experience. Freebies and small local things,. Or self-generated projects. Even if they are looking for "talent", you are not likely to show that talent by doing remixes of stuff that is already been released.
Frankly, since this theme song was never made in my country, I worked it myself and I made it and mixed it. Also, I translated the lyrics from English to Turkish completely myself, in a way that suits the rhythm. So for example, can this be considered a completely original work example?
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Frankly, since this theme song was never made in my country, I worked it myself and I made it and mixed it. Also, I translated the lyrics from English to Turkish completely myself, in a way that suits the rhythm. So for example, can this be considered a completely original work example?
Sure, it shows what you can do and is shows initiative and so on. Much better than getting one of their AAFs and remixing it. Send it to them. It can't hurt and it might help.

But do yourself a favor and start thinking of other places you could send it to. Local businesses that advertise on the radio or TV may have a little room in their budget for original commercials. Get your foot in the door. If you get a small local job or two you now have some "experience".
Quote:
Sure, it shows what you can do and is shows initiative and so on. Much better than getting one of their AAFs and remixing it. Send it to them. It can't hurt and it might help.

But do yourself a favor and start thinking of other places you could send it to. Local businesses that advertise on the radio or TV may have a little room in their budget for original commercials. Get your foot in the door. If you get a small local job or two you now have some "experience".
By the way, if you're wondering how I did this without the AAF, I actually wrote MIDI notes to find the back harmony notes. This song has a certain harmony scale range. I created a pattern according to this interval rule. Later, I wrote the back vocal as MIDI notes until I was sure that it would be compatible with the front vocal and not sticking out of that pattern. Later, while singing the song, I sang the song verbally, accompanied by the backing harmony note I wrote. My vocals are natural and real but I believe it helps when reading the MIDI file, singing and especially the back harmonies. If you do not have an AAF file, I think it would be very useful to write notes.
Quote:

I have no idea which studios work for Sonic X TV Show in Turkey... So i can't send my job to them.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc ➡️
You're not going to get a consensus answer on this I think.

This
Old 6 days ago
By the way i'm working about writing back vocal chords but i'm very confused on this part. I guess it's non-diatonic harmony for that part? Because when i focus to listen vocal notes, it sounds like weird. It makes me confused. Any suggestions?
https://streamable.com/cdw51o

I am not totally sure, is it correct note or not? Sometimes harmonies are very complicated because of alot of vocal processing as digitally i guess...

When i don't have AAF, sometimes work is hard.

All chords are correct to you?
https://vocaroo.com/1jrajWPPCJnj

Some songs have very processed vocals or they are just kinda weird.
Old 5 days ago
I hope all notes are correct. I write chords and i work on that.
https://vocaroo.com/1ba41vxYbFE1

I write these chords for singing all back vocals. Good?
Old 5 days ago
Why everyone are silent now?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
People usually try to stick to one topic per thread. You started this thread to talk about two DAWs, not really arranging etc. That could be why people aren't responding now.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
People usually try to stick to one topic per thread. You started this thread to talk about two DAWs, not really arranging etc. That could be why people aren't responding now.
I guess I changed a lot of topics. I'm sorry. :( I have a lot of respect for them to be busy because of their professional mixing life.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
No worries...
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
No worries...
:')
📝 Reply