Quantcast
Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 Problem - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 Problem
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 Problem

Hey guys need your help, I bought the Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 USB Audio Interface of which I connected to my laptop running Windows 10 with ASIO4ALL drivers, it was working great for 2 months until one day when I recorded and monitored my microphone, it was quiet than usual so I needed to increase the gain, which in turn also makes the static/white noise noticable and quite loud which isn't suitable for my mix. Any idea on how to fix this?

Things I've tried:

1. Changing microphones From a Superlux to AT2020
2. Changing XLR cables
3. Changing the usb ports on laptop

All of you have my gratitude in advance
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyZul ➡️
Hey guys need your help, I bought the Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 USB Audio Interface of which I connected to my laptop running Windows 10 with ASIO4ALL drivers, it was working great for 2 months until one day when I recorded and monitored my microphone, it was quiet than usual so I needed to increase the gain, which in turn also makes the static/white noise noticable and quite loud which isn't suitable for my mix. Any idea on how to fix this?

Things I've tried:

1. Changing microphones From a Superlux to AT2020
2. Changing XLR cables
3. Changing the usb ports on laptop

All of you have my gratitude in advance
If it suddenly was quieter than it was before, either you were doing something different or maybe something became defective...it sounds like you've ruled out a defective cable or mic or the laptop, so sounds like the interface. I'm not sure if there's a way to be sure other than simply how it sounds though. Sorry that's not much help. Anyone have better info on troubleshooting, like a multi-meter or some such?
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

100% positive did everything the same, yeah I'm assuming something is defective, It's alright someone replying actually helps with my morale :D and using a multimeter is a great idea thanks! but I just checked the XLR input and the mic gets around 46V not the full 48V but still fine as it shouldnt affect much.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anyone else with ideas to my predicament?
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

check the "pad" button if you have one
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Addict

If you engage the "direct monitor" button and listen via the headphone jack, is the signal still significantly weaker than in the past? Is it weak for both mic inputs?
Old 29th January 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 ➡️
check the "pad" button if you have one
Don't have one unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldPowerLabs ➡️
If you engage the "direct monitor" button and listen via the headphone jack, is the signal still significantly weaker than in the past? Is it weak for both mic inputs?
Yup, the signal is weaker than in the past even through direct monitoring, I've only been checking the XLR mic input(1st channel) and have yet to test the second mono jack input(2nd channel).

EDIT: I just tested the second input and it produces no noise although the gain had to be increased to 40% unlike the XLR input which has substantial amount of noise even at low gain.The problem might be the with the XLR input channel (1st channel), this is great now to figure out what's wrong with it :D.

Last edited by ArmyZul; 29th January 2019 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Adding content
📝 Reply