Quantcast
Reverb ducking with Volumeshaper - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb ducking with Volumeshaper
Old 26th November 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Reverb ducking with Volumeshaper

Hoping that someone here knows this better than me.

I am using Cubase 9.5 (soon 10) and did I assume correctly there is no negative level compressor built in so I cannot achieve 100% ducking with Cubase built in tools excluding simple volume automation? I wish to achieve ducking reverb with zero trigger sound forwarded to the reverb vst. I am talking about ducking reverb with EDM pluck where I dont want to reverb the trigger sound.

So I've been looking for an alternative method of doing that by putting volume ducking vst plugin in front of reverb using a dedicated reverb channel. I am considering Cableguys Volumeshaper for the ducking part and perhaps Valhalla vintage for the reverb part (are Cubase built in reverbs good also?).

Is this something that will work? I've seen people do it with compressor and sidechain along with a separate sidechain connected to an equally timed bassdrum track. With volume shaper I wish to simplify this a bit.

Thanks in advance.
📝 Reply