Quantcast
Musikmesse 2015: Avid Pro Tools Control, Control and mix with your iPad - Coming Soon - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Musikmesse 2015: Avid Pro Tools Control, Control and mix with your iPad - Coming Soon
Old 11th April 2015
News Desk Editor

🎧 15 years
Musikmesse 2015: Avid Pro Tools Control, Control and mix with your iPad - Coming Soon

Musikmesse 2015: Avid Pro Tools Control, Control and mix with your iPad - Coming Soon-ioscontrolapp_488x260.png

Control and mix with your iPad using a free new app
Take wireless remote control of Pro Tools, Media Composer, and other popular audio and video tools right from your iPad. Pro Tools | Control combines the tight hardware/software communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS, putting a whole new world of creative possibilities at your fingertips.

Create better mixes faster
From scrolling through tons of tracks, to manipulating multiple faders and knobs, Pro Tools | Control lets you interact with your mix in ways you can’t do with a keyboard and mouse alone.

Extend your surface control
Pro Tools | Control can be used to enhance your S3 and Artist Series workflows, providing fast and easy touchscreen navigation, track arming, soloing, extensive visual feedback, and more.

Perform complex tasks with ease
Take control over hundreds of software commands and functions, from triggering complex macros with Soft Keys, to writing automation, navigating sessions, and recalling surface layouts.

Free yourself from the cables that bind

Wirelessly control your audio and video software from any seat or room in your house or studio, enabling you to work in ways not possible with a mouse or cable-connected control surface.

Link : Introducing Pro Tools | Control

Attached Thumbnails
Musikmesse 2015: Avid Pro Tools Control, Control and mix with your iPad - Coming Soon-ioscontrolapp_488x260.png  
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
New Avid Protools Control for iPad

Wow!!......nice surprise soon(lol) and its free.....likely in-app purchases for full functionality like all the other free apps.....lol

Introducing Pro Tools | Control
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
A competitor for V-Control, looks interesting!
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wait.

FREE app from Avid? I'm excited but what's the catch? PT12 and up only? Yearly upgrade users only?
Old 11th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes, very cool!
Old 11th April 2015
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Avid.

Maybe it will be a 'pay per tap'. Scenario.
Definitely will be PT 12 only. I think thy Avid is scrambling to get people on board with PT12
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Probably free as in if you have a subscription plan, and pt12
Old 12th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Will this work with the Slate MTi or MTx? This would be perfect in the vocal or drum booth!!!
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher ➑️
Definitely will be PT 12 only.
Where did you see that? I only see mention of Eucon support.
Old 12th April 2015
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Avid

Sorry if I sounded serious. I actually have no more information than anyone else but I would be shocked if this is available for anything pre PT 12. There was a recent poll on Protools expert doesn't seem to be a lot of current users upgrading. I can see how Avid would use perks like this to pull in users.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
And let me guess, probably only compatible with Pro Tools 12. You watch. I wouldn't put it past Avid.
If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to install it on my iPad
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
in-app purchases .. yeah like the ability to use it with PT Vanilla will cost you 49.99 .. as it will probably be HD only .. or it will only give you 2 faders at a time in Vanilla .. they are the Cripplers remember ..
Old 12th April 2015
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
No I'm sure you're right. Avid needs SOMETHING to get people to buy into 12 and the subscription model. Right now they literally have nothing.
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Avid and "free" doesn't mix. Must be some catch.
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear
The catch is that it probably doesn't work properly like the Avid Artist series. There are still a huge number of kinks that need to be worked out of them...

Seeing a new 'free' application prior to them fixing some basic issues really makes me happy about spending $2,000 on Artist controllers.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher ➑️
Maybe it will be a 'pay per tap'
Lol
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Can't wait for this :-)
Old 12th April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Looks cool, but no Android version? In 2015? Really???
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Works only with PT 12 and Eucon according to Avid.

Avid Announce Free Pro Tools Control App For*iPad - Pro Tools Expert - Pro Tools
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well chalk up one reason I'd be interested in PT12. Contrast that to maybe a dozen I'm thinking about ditching Avid altogether...

Just look at the tone of this thread already. They have realy soured their customers (myself included). Kind of remarkable. Any other company announcing this kind of remote iPad control and people would be pumped. I guess we've all come to know how Avid works. Kinda sad.
Old 12th April 2015
Motown legend

🎧 15 years
Avid doesn't say "only," their blog says "Pro Tools 12 and other EUCON apps" which include PT 9, 10 and 11.

Last edited by Bob Olhsson; 12th April 2015 at 09:25 PM..
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson ➑️
Avid doesn't say "only," their blog says "Pro Tools 12 and other EUCON apps which include PT 9, 10 and 11.
True Bob. But Ragan raises a good point.
Avid may very well be making this available to all users but it is sad to see that they have let their user base get to this point. Whenever Avid releases something new, users have become accustomed to their being some kind of catch. Compatibility issues that ignore past loyal users or crippled software. Their brand has, unfortunately, become tainted and most users perceive them as a manipulative company.
Old 12th April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Interesting that this is coming out with "macros" right as Batch Commander 2.0 with iOS app is about to ship. I'd love to not need to use the Slate remote app and V-Control, but I'm curious if the macro support will come anywhere close to Batch Commander. I've only been using it for about two week and already I couldn't go back. I consider it part of Pro Tools.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan ➑️
Well chalk up one reason I'd be interested in PT12. Contrast that to maybe a dozen I'm thinking about ditching Avid altogether...

Just look at the tone of this thread already. They have realy soured their customers (myself included). Kind of remarkable. Any other company announcing this kind of remote iPad control and people would be pumped. I guess we've all come to know how Avid works. Kinda sad.
Avid gonna learn the hard way, so many are pissed at the moment, they cant live on the marked standard thing no more, it will be a tough fight to win us back, thats for sure
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just to be clear, I don't have a ton of vitriol towards Avid. I like using Pro Tools. I especially like the editing. But the hassles add up. It's always, and I mean always, been buggy for me. Weird missing files, allocation errors, CPU spike weirdness. Not all the time but frequent enough that it sucks. And paying $40 for support call seems a little nuts. I don't know. I don't necessarily think it should be free, but $40 a ticket?
And the rapid fire new versions before the old one is running smooth really gets old.
I don't want to learn a new DAW at all but it may be getting to be that time.
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The s3 is doesnt work in ten and its a eucon controller i hope they dont lock this to 12 and up
Old 13th April 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
The V-control works fine for my needs, sometimes buggy on connection, I wonder if they use another connecting protocol.

Anyhow, I'll stay with V-control pro, they did an amazing job.
Old 13th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow with all this Avid dislike I wonder if thats telling us that
although it is still the market leader and the most used DAW
in Pro studios that punters are finally sick of Avid and ProTools
shenanigans.

I think that there may be other DAW's to take its place.

Studio One, Cubase, etc.

I for one are glad I never invested into the Avid paradigm.

Cheers
Old 13th April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack ➑️
Wow with all this Avid dislike I wonder if thats telling us that
although it is still the market leader and the most used DAW
in Pro studios that punters are finally sick of Avid and ProTools
shenanigans.

I think that there may be other DAW's to take its place.

Studio One, Cubase, etc.

I for one are glad I never invested into the Avid paradigm.

Cheers
Whiners come here to complain. People working with the tools mostly dont.
My PT rig serves me well since 1998. My Artist Mix and Transport also continue to work as advertised. In PT 10HD & 11. I appreciate Avids efforts. Looking forward to adding touch controls & macros to my setup without throwing money at Slate.
Old 13th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cares ➑️
Whiners come here to complain. People working with the tools mostly dont.
My PT rig serves me well since 1998. My Artist Mix and Transport also continue to work as advertised. In PT 10HD & 11. I appreciate Avids efforts. Looking forward to adding touch controls & macros to my setup without throwing money at Slate.
I'd like to say I wasn't whining. I'm intrigued by how this will work, but rightly skeptical of Avid's business model.

I'm still running 9 and haven't seen a reason to upgrade. If they make it 12 only, that will certainly tip the scale towards shelling out the $200. If they make it 12 only and 200/yr to keep using the ipad app, I'd have to pass.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…