CANTOR - a new Live Looping Software
Old 12th January 2021
Here for the gear

Software CANTOR - a new Live Looping Software

☆* 。★゚*♪ ☆* 。★゚*♪ CANTOR ☆* 。★゚*♪ ☆* 。★゚*♪

a new FREE Live Looping Software

DOWNLOAD HERE (MacOS only for now)

Introduction

For the past 8 years, I've been working on different live looping setups for myself, and about a year ago, at the start of the quarantine I've decided to rebuild it all in Max/MSP so i could share it as a stand-alone piece of software.

As far as i can tell nothing on the market is even close to this feature set at the moment
(definitely nothing that is for free!), and there's a lot of things in here that i haven't seen before in any other looping software.

Some of the features.
- 8 Stereo tracks
- Powerful FX processing with 20+ built in effects
- Polyrhythmic synchronisation
- Sidechaining
- Scratching
- Multitrack performance capture
- Re-sampling (destruction loops!)
- an actual User Manual
- Unlimited Undo/Redo steps
- Speed variable per track + master speed.
... and a lot more.

Attention!
This is still an early Beta, so there WILL be bugs, and I am very much LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK!

Gearslutz is the first place i share this project to the public, so feedback is extremely valuable! Im interested everything how it's running on your system, how intuitive you find the interface, and how well it fills your live-looping needs and wishes!

One important thing right now is that I have some optimisation left to do, so it might be a bit CPU heavy at the moment. If you could let me know what system specs + buffer sizes you can get away with, that would be amazing.

Feel free to post any questions you might have! Looking forward to your thoughts!

/ Jonatan
Old 12th January 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Top marks for offering something not yet available in software.

But it was better to title your thread 'Free to try' software instead of free since you mention later in your post it won't be free.
People - and especially here on GS - don't like to be mislead either intentional or not.

Anyway I will be testing it soon.
Old 12th January 2021
Gear Maniac

Hi,Jonatan!!
I'm using Windows
I'm looking forward to that version.thx
Old 12th January 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician ➡️
Top marks for offering something not yet available in software.

But it was better to title your thread 'Free to try' software instead of free since you mention later in your post it won't be free.
People - and especially here on GS - don't like to be mislead either intentional or not.

Anyway I will be testing it soon.
It definitely WILL be for free. All the way!

Where did i give the impression it won't be free later? If my post is unclear about that i should definitely change it.

New functions will be available for Patreons to test a bit in advance, but after testing it will all be included in the free main build!

Edit: Changed the part of the original post i think caused the confusion. Let me know if it's more clear.
Old 12th January 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaJay ➡️
Hi,Jonatan!!
I'm using Windows
I'm looking forward to that version.thx
Windows version should not be that far away. Max can export to windows as well. I'm just using a few externals that i so far only found for Mac and need to find other solutions for, but it shouldn't be too much work! Just need a couple of days with a PC to work on!
Old 19th January 2021
Here for the gear

I noticed some quite severe mistakes in 0.56, and just uploaded a new patch 0.56.3. The mistake was at the noise gate right on the input, so the overall sound quality was completely messed up. Extremely embarrassing and I'm very sorry. Especially the audiophile ears on this forum must have felt quite abused. It should sound a lot better now!

So for anyone who got the earlier version, i highly recommend upgrading.

Download v 0.56.3
Old 25th September 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I have been looking for ages for a software RC505 basically because the sound of the RC505 is unusable. In the video it shows that everything is cleverly thought out . Will this also be a M4L device to use in live or a standalone app only?
Will you be posting the max code at some point ?
Anyway, very interesting work and I will be giving it a thorough check.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…