We're here if you have any questions!
Old 19th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBPAC ➡️
We're here if you have any questions!
I do! I had already asked on another thread, maybe you didn't get the notification. Below is my original message, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox ➡️
● Can the X1 function without the C1 i.e. directly connected to my audio interface? Can multiple X1 be used without the C1?
● Is the removable mini I/O module necessary for operation without the C1 or can audio cables be connected directly to the X1?
● The C1 has a USB Type-C port, is this used just for power?
● Will the software run on PC? Is the software able to configure each connected X1 individually or are settings applied to all connected units equally? How does the software talk to the X1 (USB/Wireless)? Does the software control any parameters of the C1 or just the X1?
● Does the X1 run on batteries? If so, can it run without batteries? How long does the battery last?
● When used without the C1, does the X1's headphone output still function?
● When using the X1 in the studio, should I connect my headphones directly to my audio interface, the X1's own headphone output or the headphone output on the front of the C1?
● Does the C1 perform any AD-DA conversion on the incoming analogue audio signal?
● Is the C1 knob able to control the headphone output level independently of the other line outputs on the rear of the box?

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious. It might help if the website included diagrams showing how the system is connected for typical use cases.

Thank you
Old 20th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
I do! I had already asked on another thread, maybe you didn't get the notification. Below is my original message, thanks!
Answering here as well just in case others have the same qs:
  • Yes the X1 can function without the C1. Ideally you can connect the X1 to your interface via monitor line-out/alt line-out. If using multiple X1s without the C1 we'd recommend splitting the source signal to as many 3.5mm connections as you need. It is also possible to use an aggregate device and transmit via Bluetooth/use a multi-Bluetooth transmitter for casual listening.
  • The removable mini controller with 3.5mm I/O is where you connect audio cables into the SUBPAC X1. If you aren't needing the headphone out, you can also connect via USB-C audio or Bluetooth.
  • The C1 can also receive digital audio and control data over USB-C.
  • Yes the software will be available on PC and yes you can adjust the DSP for each individual X1. The software communicates with the X1 both via USB and wirelessly via BLE GATT, and the software can control parameters of both the C1 and X1.
  • The SUBPAC X1 has an extended battery capacity for an expected 8+ hours of use. Actual time may vary based on how hard you drive the system. The X1 can also run when plugged in w/out charge.
  • Yes the X1 features a best in class ESS Sabre headphone amp for an excellent signal to noise ratio.
  • We would recommend connecting to the headphone output of either the C1 or X1 for hardware control over levels and quick on/off A/B/C.
  • If analogue into the C1 then AD-DA but if digital in via USB-C then DA.
  • Yes exactly with the C1 you will have full independent and locked level control between your monitors/headphones/SUBPAC X1.

We're working on getting some diagrams together but we hope this answers those questions!
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Maniac
What in the hell is this?

Who is the intended audience? Gamers

I get it lower bass is mostly felt, but this is taking if to a whole other level.

I will remain skeptical about its use in a studio or any serious bedroom producer.

Please explain it usage in a real scenario, would i still need a subwoofer, does this work better with headphones.

Interesting concept though.
Old 16th March 2021
Gear Maniac

i hope this JUNE we will finally get what we paid for SUBPAC !!!!!!!
Old 22nd March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Apologies we're only seeing this now! There's a list of producers who use SUBPAC here: https://feel.subpac.com/creators.

There are many advantages that tactile bass offers over traditional studio subwoofers. For example the room you are in no longer plays a role in the frequency and phase response (it's not uncommon for an untreated room to have differences of 15-20db across the sub frequency spectrum). You can also now physically feel frequencies that may be lurking below what your subwoofer can output, giving you a complete picture of what's eating up headroom in your track.

Most importantly for us however is what your track will sound like on a properly tuned heavyweight system. It takes damaging SPL levels to get the tactile bass experience that we all love at shows, something which is not ideal for long-sessions in the studio. SUBPAC brings you this tactile sensation without the damaging SPL levels allowing you to mix at lower volumes and for longer!
Old 22nd March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

The plan is to get you more than you paid for in return for all the patience and support! We'll have more updates as we get closer; stay tuned!
Old 18th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Any update on timing? I ordered just before Christmas last year.
I’m super keen to incorporate this with the Slate VSX headphones I’ve been using. The headphones do go low, but as an electronic musician I’m real looking forward to feeling what my tracks will be like in a club!
Old 25th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey ➡️
Any update on timing?
Might be some time. They said first orders will be shipped in June.
Old 10th June 2021
Here for the gear

Now they are saying end of summer. Will we EVER see (feel) this product?
Old 10th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
The plan is to get you more than you paid for in return for all the patience and support! We'll have more updates as we get closer; stay tuned!
What does “more than you paid for” mean? Especially now that you have YET AGAIN delayed shipment to the nebulous “end of the summer.”
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hool15 ➡️
i hope this JUNE we will finally get what we paid for SUBPAC !!!!!!!
Nope. Delayed again.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicears ➡️
What does “more than you paid for” mean? Especially now that you have YET AGAIN delayed shipment to the nebulous “end of the summer.”
As mentioned in the update we have some nice performance improvements among other things which we think you'll be happy with. As for the end of summer we don't want to continue to set expectations or specific dates that may not be met given that this is still a moving target, but we are now confidently in the home stretch and are doing everything in our power to bring everyone their systems as fast as possible.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicears ➡️
Nope. Delayed again.
Is there a big difference between this and Woojer? As on this site's Homepage the latter, Woojer, is currently being advertised for 20% off. Be kind of interesting to know if there is a big difference.

Cheers.
Old 11th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
As mentioned in the update we have some nice performance improvements among other things which we think you'll be happy with. As for the end of summer we don't want to continue to set expectations or specific dates that may not be met given that this is still a moving target, but we are now confidently in the home stretch and are doing everything in our power to bring everyone their systems as fast as possible.
You guys are so full of **** at this point.
Old 22nd June 2021
Here for the gear

I preordered this product last summer and it was supposed to arrive in December.

Since then it is only been constant delays and few emails with excuses, but none or few real updates on the progress (we had to wait until May to see the first photo of the real product). Today and after all this we don't even have a deadline on this matter.

They say they are working on upgrades that those like me who put the money upfront didn't pay for, but I have yet to see what upgrades they are referring to.

I have been checking regularly their IG throughout all this process and I haven't seen yet nothing relevant to it, although they do uploads regularly.

If I ever recieve what I payed for I may be happy to have purchased it, but all this waiting, missed deadlines and excuses don't seem worthy to me.
Old 22nd June 2021
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
In the end I'll just be building my own with a couple of transducers attached to the back of my chair hooked up to a suitable amp. This not will only will be cheaper but also fully serviceable, and I won't have to deal with either buyer's remorse, customer support, bugs in the app and possible design flaws that will never happen in a simpler "dumb" analogue device.

I mean, Subpac ain't rocket science. A squirrel is just a rat with a nice tail and Subpac is just two transducers in a nice-looking package. The mobile app and remote control IMO just create the illusion of added value because any DSP (crossovers, etc) can be done inside the DAW (even in the control panel of some audio interfaces) effectively for free and to considerably greater flexibility, and most amps have basic crossover controls which should be adequate.

The DIY set-up should be good enough for mixing purposes. The only downside is I won't be able to wear it while doing house chores.
Old 25th June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
In the end I'll just be building my own with a couple of transducers attached to the back of my chair hooked up to a suitable amp. This not will only will be cheaper but also fully serviceable, and I won't have to deal with either buyer's remorse, customer support, bugs in the app and possible design flaws that will never happen in a simpler "dumb" analogue device.

I mean, Subpac ain't rocket science. A squirrel is just a rat with a nice tail and Subpac is just two transducers in a nice-looking package. The mobile app and remote control IMO just create the illusion of added value because any DSP (crossovers, etc) can be done inside the DAW (even in the control panel of some audio interfaces) effectively for free and to considerably greater flexibility, and most amps have basic crossover controls which should be adequate.

The DIY set-up should be good enough for mixing purposes. The only downside is I won't be able to wear it while doing house chores.
I bought a ButtKicker Gamer 2 system to do this! Costed me 160$ for everything(comes with the transducer that mounts on the seat, the amp with crossover, and all the mounting hardware and cables). It also comes with a remote so you can control the intensity of the vibration. All parts are also readily available and the company has been around for a while so you know they aren’t going to just pick up and leave you in the dust!
Old 26th June 2021
Gear Maniac

WE ARE TIRED OF these endless excuses SUBPACK .. DO SOMETHING !!!
Old 29th June 2021
Here for the gear

Quote from their website:

"SUBPAC PRE-ORDERS ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE - ORDERS PLACED TODAY ARE EXPECTED TO SHIP TOWARDS THE END OF OCTOBER 2021. WE WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE YOU AS THINGS PROGRESS!"

Old 30th June 2021
Gear Maniac

Аt least i hope there will be no problem with the product .. whenever they release it !
Old 7th July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n ➡️
I bought a ButtKicker Gamer 2 system to do this! Costed me 160$ for everything(comes with the transducer that mounts on the seat, the amp with crossover, and all the mounting hardware and cables). It also comes with a remote so you can control the intensity of the vibration. All parts are also readily available and the company has been around for a while so you know they aren’t going to just pick up and leave you in the dust!
Thanks for the head's up on this. I use Slate VSX and Sienna as my sole monitoring options and had been seriously looking into this type of thing for that final piece to completely immerse me into mixing but the delays and the endless promises that never seem to come true are making me lean further away from the company.

This is a shame as it looks very promising but this constant moving of the goal posts is just not acceptable. I have to research the Buttkicker further to see how it fares in pro applications. At the end of it all this is not something that is essential but it would be nice.
Oh well
Old 7th July 2021
For what it's worth, I've pre-ordered this, Expressive E Osmose and another kickstarter project, and all of them have been delayed by at least a year. It's par for the course for the tech industry at the moment. Personally I don't think it's worth stressing about this at all, SubPac are a reputable company with a good track record and you can guarantee they're as keen as we are to get the goods delivered. In the meantime I've been mixing just fine without a sub woofer jacket for the last 20 years, another few months isn't going to hurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Is there a big difference between this and Woojer? As on this site's Homepage the latter, Woojer, is currently being advertised for 20% off. Be kind of interesting to know if there is a big difference.

Cheers.
All the reviews I've seen suggest that the Woojer is great for gaming and VR but the Subpac is more refined and better tuned for mixing purposes. That's the main reason I'm holding out for the X1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Kamel ➡️
For what it's worth, I've pre-ordered this, Expressive E Osmose and another kickstarter project, and all of them have been delayed by at least a year. It's par for the course for the tech industry at the moment. Personally I don't think it's worth stressing about this at all, SubPac are a reputable company with a good track record and you can guarantee they're as keen as we are to get the goods delivered. In the meantime I've been mixing just fine without a sub woofer jacket for the last 20 years, another few months isn't going to hurt
Fair enough
I'll keep this in mind
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Seems like no-one has got their subpac x1 yet?

I am waiting with my order until the first subpacs are shipped and reviews start popping up..

The site says "subpac pre-orders are first come, first serve - orders placed today are expected to ship towards the end of november 2021. we will continue to update you as things progress!"

So I guess orders placed a year ago should ship earlier than that?

I am getting a bit impatient to see the new subpac.. I can only imagine people who already paid for it getting pretty upset.
Old 8 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yep. I ordered over a year ago. Nada
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…