Quantcast
Kirchhoff-EQ: Ultimate EQ plugin with superb dynamic processing and vintage models - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kirchhoff-EQ: Ultimate EQ plugin with superb dynamic processing and vintage models
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Married to the C1 system, but wow this seems like a complete EQ. Looking forward to hear people's reviews of the sound.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C ➡️
Interesting EQ, would like to give it a try but 5 seconds of silence for every 30 seconds of audio seems a bit too much.
Hi, Diogo, we update the demo verison, it could not "save&load", and delete the "silence 5 seconds for each 30 seconds" . Hope you can download it and like it
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix ➡️
This looks like a seriously deep eq and dynamic eq plugin. Good to see companies out there pushing the envelope. And yes, please do take off or lengthen that ridiculous demo-cutoff mode, this is a deal breaker for me. You have a tool here that is intensely deep, and 30 seconds is simply not enough for proper evaluation. I'm definitely going to give this a run around the block and see how it stacks up against the others in the toolbox. I love the idea of this product...hopefully it's not a gimmick. And as for the length of the product description, this is a good thing.
Dear Engmix, we update the demo verison, it could not "save&load", and delete the "silence 5 seconds for each 30 seconds" . Wish you will like it.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeUppsala ➡️
The EQ may be good (I don´t know) but the company seems to be one of those "We are suspicious of everyone so we do the sign in process so complicated as possible with Capcha all over the place" and when you succeed in signing in you end up in the user account and there is no way out of there. So you can´t click on a link to gt to the products or something else. The first headline you see is "Chinese Traditional", I wonder if that explains something ...
No need for controversy or China geopolitical bashing. As a web developer I can tell you that these days captcha v2 or 3 is being used to stop spamming and stop brute force attacks on login forms, forgot password forms and so on. Sure there are other solutions but it's not uncommon.

My point is this is probably made by a different guy, not the developer of this plugin. Let's focus on the product and let's not spread geopolitical nonsense.

I really want a better demo. Silence is killing it.
Here for the gear

It looks very interesting although there's no indication of M/S mode, a crucial feature for mastering duties..
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barada ➡️
No need for controversy or China geopolitical bashing. As a web developer I can tell you that these days captcha v2 or 3 is being used to stop spamming and stop brute force attacks on login forms, forgot password forms and so on. Sure there are other solutions but it's not uncommon.

My point is this is probably made by a different guy, not the developer of this plugin. Let's focus on the product and let's not spread geopolitical nonsense.

I really want a better demo. Silence is killing it.
I have bought plugins from hundreds of companies and so far I have never seen Capcha been used every time you login, every time you buy something, etc. And thats the worst kind of Capcha where you have to go through three, four pictures before the system finally agrees that you are a human. 1984 comes to my mind.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I have bought plugins from hundreds of companies and so far I have never seen Capcha been used every time you login, every time you buy something, etc. And thats the worst kind of Capcha where you have to go through three, four pictures before the system finally agrees that you are a human. 1984 comes to my mind.
1984 and all that is your problem you should not impose this on audio developer nor web developer.

I see you're persistent so I don't have any other choice other than to educate you a bit and provide some links. Which is absolutely not a problem. I am being asked by my clients for explanation all the time.

You haven't seen it because most of them are using something called invisible Captcha.

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible
You really don't need to argue about this with me, I am telling you it's a common thing in the web industry. I do this for a living. Both invisible and visible have their pros and cons. They are not the same. Sometimes visible is better, sometimes invisible etc.

Here just today I stumped onto this (they are not using invisible captcha but visible one):

https://www.reasonstudios.com/

Try to create an account or login. Captcha puzzle. This company is selling DAW.

If you feel further that someone is stealing something from you or you are so annoyed about captcha and antispam mechanisms you should really complain to spam bot developers not audio developers.

Regards
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatermass ➡️
It looks very interesting although there's no indication of M/S mode, a crucial feature for mastering duties..
On the description from the web page...

"Per-Band Directional EQ
Each band can be set as mid/side or left/right processing, so you can pan a band Left or right, or adjust Mid/Side, or just left, right, mid and side separately."

I won't have time to try this for a couple weeks, as I am moving right now. How long is the intro price good for?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoru97214 ➡️
On the description from the web page...

"Per-Band Directional EQ
Each band can be set as mid/side or left/right processing, so you can pan a band Left or right, or adjust Mid/Side, or just left, right, mid and side separately."

I won't have time to try this for a couple weeks, as I am moving right now. How long is the intro price good for?
My bad, thx a lot
Gear Maniac
There is a issue with Windows installer. There is no option to select custom folder upon installation.

It doesn't ask you where to install plugin it automatically assumes your folder is:

C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns

While in reality it can be any folder whatsoever. For example in my case:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugIns

So my point is that the user should be able to install product in his preferred location or at least Installer could look into windows registry to see where or which keys DAW entered because some actually do that.

(example for 64 bit systems)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST]
"VSTPluginsPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Steinberg\\VSTPlugins"

So anyway anyone wondering where is his demo after installation - it's here:

C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns

And you need to move it manually in case this isn't your VST folder.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatermass ➡️
Clearly there is M-S inside. Just start trial it's fine EQ.
Reviews Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBTech Co. Ltd. ➡️
Hi, Diogo, we update the demo verison, it could not "save&load", and delete the "silence 5 seconds for each 30 seconds" . Hope you can download it and like it
Great stuff mate, will definitely give it a go. Thanks for that!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I need to demo this now lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If only they would cut out the analog BS... I would consider it being a competitor to Pro-Q 3.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBTech Co. Ltd. ➡️
Great news. When I overcome my little flu I will certainly run a test drive
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe ➡️
If only they would cut out the analog BS... I would consider it being a competitor to Pro-Q 3.
What analog BS? Modeling curves? That is neat but it does not get into your way of working with it as strict digital EQ.
Or do you mean "Analog" phase response setting? That is similar to ProQ3 Natural Phase if I'm not mistaken.
Gear Maniac

This is one nice EQ.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Looks interesting. Hopefully the Apple Silicon version is not too far away so I can demo.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
This is good. It's very good. To be honest, I'd expect a better sounding EQ with similar features from DMG Audio, but this one is a winner, at least for now. Congratulations.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by menzi11 ➡️
Hi!

I'm the lead developer of Kirchhoff-EQ, Thank you for all the comments and you are right I think I should write some notes about how circuit modeling works in Kirchhoff-EQ, I will also put it on our website so everyone can see it:

There two methods for circuit modeling. The key is how to treat the distortion of the circuit. If we consider nonlinear things in the circuit, some kind of numerical integration should be used(as many many simulations did). Numerical integration will bring some high-freq cramping(similar to the bilinear transformation used by some EQ), and oversampling is generally used to avoid this problem.

the another way is to treat all circuit devices as linear(as many many simulations did), which is acceptable because the distortion of most EQ hardwares are not much. this way can make us match the lineared protype more better. and do more tricks such as add a dynamic function on.

just to me personally, I like a preamp plugin using numerical integration but don't like a EQ plugin using numerical integration. the reasons are still "round-errors", "high-freq cramping" and "anti-aliasing". but for linear way, sometimes we need those distortions even if they're not much.

So both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages, I totally agree about "every emulation I've tried don't like real gear". My idea is at least in Kirchhoff-EQ, not to do a simulate of distortions, DC Noises.... (since users may already have many of "100%" accurate simulations). Instead, keep it as a EQ, use linear models and with our "Robust Nyquist-matched Transform" and "Psychoacoustic Adaptive Filter Topologies", give users "the tastes" and give max freedom to use all the filter types together to see what will happened. does the vintage models in Kirchhoff-EQ 100% like the real? I can't say that. but in plugin world, I have full confidence in all the vintage models in Kirchhoff-Eq.

Cheers!
Thank you for taking the time to clarify "what and why?" I very much appreciate your transparency and honesty. This does help put things into perspective. I tend to agree with you in regards to color on most eq's. There are certainly some that do impart their signature in a colorful way. But, I can see the logic in terms of flexibility and technically / coding as to why it's curves and not color so to speak on your plugin, conceptually. I have a hybrid studio system, so personally I'm not necessarily looking for that added color in the digital realm, unless the developer has really nailed it with a particular tool.

I look forward to downloading your new demo. Good move on listening to your potential users as this particular area of plugins is pretty crowded.

One other question that might be on the minds of potential buyers. We're soon entering into the holiday season where historically companies offer a discount on their gear and software. Although we very much appreciate the temporary discounted price for early adopters. Will you be extending this price into the holiday season, or will you be further discounting it? Personally I would hate to make a purchase now for $100 and then see a sale a month or two later with it further discounted.

Good luck with the new plugin.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I initially thought the same thing. But with some clarity from the developer, I see their logic. In terms of it being useful, well that depends on the user.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I see no bs in emulating different phase responses. Funny that i found the Analog bs to sound smooth in blind a/b with the minimum and linear. So personally i wouldn't want the dev to cut on that, he's given me more options and i appreciate it
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Causes Protools to crash on startup.
I'm on a Mac with the latest Protools and running High Sierra.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

It feels like I'm pretty covered with Crave, TB Eq, and Claro but this one looks like getting the best from others. Considering very nice UI, useful scaling, autogain, dynamic eq, directional eq, and a bunch of hardware emulations it seems like you nailed it all. All I can wish is some little tweaks.
* Automatic LP/HP filters instead of bells when you click on sideways.
* Ability to quickly switch eq types with mouse scroll. There is lots going on so menu diving is required.
* Maybe some favs folder where you can collect most used digital and hardware curves
* Autoattack/autorelease option for dynamic section. Toneboosters EQ has this function and it's pretty handy for someone lazy like me.
Gear Maniac
After further testing well this is one nearly perfect product. Soundwise there's nothing to be said this is really super amazing. As someone said I expected something like this from DMG and alike which is quite amazing IMHO.

I am saying nearly perfect because I've found more little display errors and tiny bugs (reported to developer).

I didn't even realize what Spectrum Grab mean until I explored Manual. Wow another nice feature.

I just want one thing from developer - don't change it drastically because it's icing on the cake as it is. I understand feature requests and so on, you will probably add feature etc. just don't change it drastically as it seems your vision is perfect.

Congratulations on this product.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyass08 ➡️
* Automatic LP/HP filters instead of bells when you click on sideways.
You can set the default band types for each frequency area to you liking in the settings. They're all set to bells by default.

Also there is an option in there "show band controller" which gives you a pop up with quick controls over the band selection dots. But you need to get in there and set it to "all".

Been testing this today and putting it against a lot of tough competition. Crave, SSL X-EQ2, Claro, Pro-Q3, Weiss EQ-MP + EQ1. Also extensively demoed Equilibrium and MAAT Blue recently. I'm not easy to please and I find something wrong in all of the above.

Claro is my go-to currently. But I like this one a lot. I prefer the sound and feature set in KirchhoffEQ, but the impeccable auto-gain implementation in Claro makes working with it very effortless.

My poor old eyes are not having the small font (2560x1440 resolution).

Good times.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

All of those measurements shown on the product page are down to -150db. Some -175db. It's pretty much below the audible area. It may look cleaner on the paper but this won't affect the audible sound quality. Workflow wise, it can't be compared to the Fabfilter Pro-Q3 and nowhere near to it. Not even close to Toneboosters EQ4. Fabfilter is still the king for the workflow and I see no reason to purchase this one if somebody has Claro and Fabfilter combo. All the technical explanation for this EQ is about Fabfilter's filter design and all of a sudden Fabfilter cannot design cleaner filters? I don't think so. It's a dead end.

Claro for example provides an amazing, different workflow but this one does not. The only reason to get this EQ would be the price point and unfortunately, the current price point is not convincing when we can grab EQ4 for 39 euro.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I'll have to agree with some of the points on the previous comment.
Cpu intensive, lags, authorization method is horrendous cos you need to sign up and the website is the least friendly.

Cos now logic won't even playback when this plugin is active, I'm going to unistall but ofcourse no where on the website that shows you that or is there? I'm quite disappointed.

Quote:
The EQ may be good (I don´t know) but the company seems to be one of those "We are suspicious of everyone so we do the sign in process so complicated as possible with Capcha all over the place" and when you succeed in signing in you end up in the user account and there is no way out of there. So you can´t click on a link to gt to the products or something else. The first headline you see is "Chinese Traditional", I wonder if that explains something ...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonark ➡️
I'll I'm going to unistall but ofcourse no where on the website that shows you that or is there? I'm quite disappointed.
Don´t you know where yours plugins are located on your mac?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefonia ➡️
Don´t you know where yours plugins are located on your mac?
I do, in the "Trash" folder
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…