Quantcast
Kirchhoff-EQ: Ultimate EQ plugin with superb dynamic processing and vintage models - Page 11 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kirchhoff-EQ: Ultimate EQ plugin with superb dynamic processing and vintage models
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes ➡️
Imagine being the developer, working tirelessly for months on this EQ, and then proudly posting the finished product here on gearspace - and then being met with this giant wall of demands and suggestions, as if all us gearspacers are part of their developer team

I hope TBTech can cope with it and take it as a sign of interest and positive exitement over their wonderful Kirchhoff EQ
They seem to be genuinely appreciative of the feedback and jumping to it - with the best will in the world you can only get so far without the help of your clients. This thing is far too complex for a simple soul like me, but if I was younger and professional I'd be delving into it's possibilities. When something can so nearly "do it all" it deserves that fine tuning. This must be one of the most genuinely constructive threads on GS I've seen for a long time - so much will on both sides to make this thing perfect.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Imagine being the developer, working tirelessly for months on this EQ, and then proudly posting the finished product here on gearspace - and then being met with this giant wall of demands and suggestions, as if all us gearspacers are part of their developer team

I hope TBTech can cope with it and take it as a sign of interest and positive exitement over their wonderful Kirchhoff EQ
Most users in this thread already own way too many excellent EQs. Do we all need yet another one?
Well, the answer may be just in these very minute and fussy requests and, by the looks of it, the developer seems to appreciate that.

It is a saturated market after all.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:

Much better than posting and getting crickets for response! I have used this eq on SO many master already.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Crap, I just demo'd this... bad idea. Now I must own it. The fact that it feels JUST LIKE pro-q to me actually sold me on it because of how ingrained that workflow is into my daily eq'ing duties. It is is like pro-q but just better in every way. God damn I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK31415 ➡️
So, what I would like to have in this EQ:

1. (Solved!)

2. Entering numeric values are very, very uncomfortable. When I double-clicking in a field I see a cursor placed after existing value, but the better way is when existing value is selected, thus I can enter a new value immediately without deleting old numbers (FFProQ3 like). In Dynamic section - why I can't enter a value for [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and others numerically from the keyboard? BTW its impossible to get a value 50% for Ratio even when move it by mouse+Shift key.

3. Keyboard action may be like this can be very helpful:
- Delete selected band -> Del,
- Undo/Redo -> Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Shift+Z,
- Toddle engages Dynamic for selected band -> d,
- Toddle engages Listen Band for selected band -> q...,
- Select Next/Previous Band -> Left/Right-Arrow
- Select Filter Type for selected band -> Alt+Up/Down-Arrow
- Move Gain Up/Down by Ctrl+Up/Down-Arrow by a.e. 0.1 dB,
- Move Freq Up/Down by Ctrl+Left/Right-Arrow by a.e. 1/12 Oct,
- Copy/Paste selected Band(s) between an instances of this EQ and may be others (if possible).

4. This EQ is a very complex plugin thus I think that two comparing states A/B is not enough, maybe A/B/C/D is better? A.e. I need to hear the difference between a different types of bell EQ - E, G, 250, VT... in XXXX Hz?

5. A serious disadvantage of DEMO version - no ability to save and compare own (user) presets. I am not understanding the reasons for it.

6. Not enough / miss:
- All Pass filter,
- Autorelease in dynamic section,
- Link/Unlink in dynamic section for stereo (Dual mono),
- Readable Peak and Hold metering,
- More brightness and contrast options for Analyzer (may be with a gold hue as described before)
Double-click the input field, the value is selected, maybe it's because you clicked one more time.
The text sliders in dynamic section, because we think they are sliders, so the default behavior of double-clicking is back to the default value, you can right-click and choose edit to open editing, or you can adjust the default behavior of double-click in the settings.

Other features we will consider these in the future, thank you for your suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzinlouie ➡️
It would also be great if we could add new nodes by simply clicking on the curve, as opposed to double clicking.

I know this is such a minor thing, but it bugs me every time.

Great eq, it just needs a few very little final touch-ups.
Got it, we will add this feature in a future version.
Here for the gear

Quote:

+100!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBTech Co. Ltd. ➡️
Double-click the input field, the value is selected, maybe it's because you clicked one more time.
The text sliders in dynamic section, because we think they are sliders, so the default behavior of double-clicking is back to the default value, you can right-click and choose edit to open editing, or you can adjust the default behavior of double-click in the settings.

Other features we will consider these in the future, thank you for your suggestions.
Thank You very much for this prompt! I have to own this EQ!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Noticed a VST bug on 10.15.8 Catalina and Version 1.1.1. The pop-up menu of different eq models are sometimes showing up blank in Ableton Live 11.0.12, until you mouse past a folder to another eq type and then the list of eq curves available for each type is visible again where it was previously an empty menu.

Also, as a feature request , one workflow shortcut I really enjoy in Equilibrium and am missing with Kirchoff is the ability to change/preview curves quickly by rolling-over the pop-up window with the mouse scroll-wheel. I always found this to be way faster than having to click and hold and navigate sub menus. Lastly, please consider adding an All-Pass if possible, and +1 on Parallel Shelves request. Just my two cents. Sold.
Quote:

Yes, we were supposed to go on vacation hahah,
now not only in the forum, our mailbox is also full of feature requests. So now we stuff the fridge with pizza, chow mein and beer...
Anyways, we are glad that everyone likes this product and we will keep on going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrousMeuhler ➡️
Noticed a VST bug on 10.15.8 Catalina and Version 1.1.1. The pop-up menu of different eq models are sometimes showing up blank in Ableton Live 11.0.12, until you mouse past a folder to another eq type and then the list of eq curves available for each type is visible again where it was previously an empty menu.

Also, as a feature request , one workflow shortcut I really enjoy in Equilibrium and am missing with Kirchoff is the ability to change/preview curves quickly by rolling-over the pop-up window with the mouse scroll-wheel. I always found this to be way faster than having to click and hold and navigate sub menus. Lastly, please consider adding an All-Pass if possible, and +1 on Parallel Shelves request. Just my two cents. Sold.
It seems to be a bug and will be fixed recently.
We will consider the suggestion that the menu can be scrolled.
Allpass is already available in the latest version, in the last menu item "misc".
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Welp. I diverted my black Friday budget and bought this instead. The demo got me. It's smoove
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Amazing sounding EQ indeed.

Sorry if this have been mentioned before, but it would be great if you could make it clearer which filters are set to mid/side. It's pretty hard to see what's going on in complex situations.

I suggest that the yellow line follow bands that are affecting left/right and that mid and side bands get a different coloured line.

For example, at the moment it looks like a mid or side high/low-pass filter is cutting the whole signal.

Cheers,
J
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

I can barely see the spectrum and it's set to 100%
Please give us few more colors to choose!!
Other than that it's amazing
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm very impressed with the developers. But don't work too hard. Your products are already great enough. It's working great in my sessions.

If I had to make a request, it would be great to be able to see the parameters of EQ points at a glance, like the knob screen in EQuilibrium.

Other than that, I always use HPF, LPF, Hishelf, and LoShelf bypassed as the starting setting for EQ.
Overwriting the current Kirchhoff Default patch doesn't seem to create an EQ point immediately after launching the instance. All other settings were reproduced. I would be happy if you could consider this.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoe ➡️
I'm very impressed with the developers. But don't work too hard. Your products are already great enough. It's working great in my sessions.

If I had to make a request, it would be great to be able to see the parameters of EQ points at a glance, like the knob screen in EQuilibrium.

Other than that, I always use HPF, LPF, Hishelf, and LoShelf bypassed as the starting setting for EQ.
Overwriting the current Kirchhoff Default patch doesn't seem to create an EQ point immediately after launching the instance. All other settings were reproduced. I would be happy if you could consider this.
Did you save the edited default patch and designate that as the default patch? That's pretty much the standard way of doing this.
unr
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoe ➡️

If I had to make a request, it would be great to be able to see the parameters of EQ points at a glance, like the knob screen in EQuilibrium..
This!
the only reason im going back and back again to Equilibrium. And also love Bigfreq for its workflow /overview .
Also own Pro-Q 3 and can't stand the click workflow to first having to select the node.

An overview panel over all knobs would be an instant buy from me.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Did you save the edited default patch and designate that as the default patch? That's pretty much the standard way of doing this.
Oh. Thanks, I think I may have found the bug thanks to you. This seems to be an issue only with the AAX version.
When I loaded the VST3 into another DAW, the EQ points I had saved were showing up correctly.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Mdweq Massenburg vs Kirchhoff:

Can the Kirchhoff be all that the mdweq is soundwise ... plus some more functionality?
Has anyone an opinion on this comparison ... as I unfortunately have already used up my Mdweq demo some time ago.
Is the Kirchhoff as transparent? I think I remember the mdweq as a great 'true to the source' tool... but the dynamic eq function in Kirchhoff is something very useful.
First and foremost the sound, then the functionality... which one is superior?
Thanks!
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser ➡️
Mdweq Massenburg vs Kirchhoff:

Can the Kirchhoff be all that the mdweq is soundwise ... plus some more functionality?
Has anyone an opinion on this comparison ... as I unfortunately have already used up my Mdweq demo some time ago.
Is the Kirchhoff as transparent? I think I remember the mdweq as a great 'true to the source' tool... but the dynamic eq function in Kirchhoff is something very useful.
First and foremost the sound, then the functionality... which one is superior?
Thanks!
Why don't you try the demo and check the Kirchhoff-EQ out?

Massenburg vs Kirchhoff, sound a little like something from the history books about European Wars during 1800:s.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan ➡️
Why don't you try the demo and check the Kirchhoff-EQ out? ...
As I stated i can't run both demos parallel ... and that's how I would compare and come to a conclusion.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr ➡️
This!
the only reason im going back and back again to Equilibrium. And also love Bigfreq for its workflow /overview .
Also own Pro-Q 3 and can't stand the click workflow to first having to select the node.
It's the same for me! Also I find "painting" the curve in Equilibrium when using the Ctrl key is quicker and superior to all the other EQs I tried. But I do miss the dynamic capabilities. A bit of a pity that DMG decided to leave them to Multiplicity, which is an amazing plugin but not suitable as a bread and butter track EQ, dynamic or not.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser ➡️
As I stated i can't run both demos parallel ... and that's how I would compare and come to a conclusion.
Okay, let's hope someone tests this for you before the intro price expires.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan ➡️
Okay, let's hope someone tests this for you before the intro price expires.
Thanks!
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
hi. longtime lurker. first time poster here........ I think.

I primarily work as a mastering engineer, I have bought the eq and love the sound, I've tested it against crave, equilibrium and pro-q3. Very smooth!

My only question was regarding the dynamic eq side of things. Is there a way to change the ratio from % to actual ration 4:1, 2:1, etc. Is it possible to make this an option? or can you explain why you chosen to go the percentage route.

Thanks

Gav
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Welp. I pulled the trigger on this. Got it a week ago and personally have no regrets. This came out when I was planning on getting EQuilibrium, so I held off on any purchase and A/Bed them together. Sound wise I think they are comparable, but this one way cheaper with the intro price decided it for me. So far, very very happy. What a laundry list of features and pretty damn easy to use/dial in.

Agree with some posters that the graphic for each band (the knob panel) seems pretty random and not always totally pretty, but it doesn't really put me off personally. Just seems like it could be better.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…