LoudMax 1.40 - Now Supports VST3 and Larger GUI - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LoudMax 1.40 - Now Supports VST3 and Larger GUI
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
LoudMax 1.40 - Now Supports VST3 and Larger GUI

Just a heads up to the GearSPACE community!

Thomas Mundt's excellent LoudMax limiter plugin is now available in version 1.40. He added a lot of great new features with this one included the much anticipated (for me, anyway) VST3, a larger GUI (click in the lower right corner) and as always algorithm improvements.

The Mac OS X plugins are "Universal 2 Binaries" with support for Intel Mac and ARM64 based Silicon.

LoudMax is freeware, but a donation is kindly accepted! You can find the contribution link and downloads at https://loudmax.blogspot.com . LoudMax is as good if not better than many commercial limiters on the market and can be used for track compression duties as well.

Last edited by doom64; 3 days ago at 05:20 AM..
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Still my go to limiter after all these years!
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadud ➡️
Really is one of the most transparent, track limiters around.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️

Just a heads up to the GearSPACE community!

Thomas Mundt's excellent LoudMax limiter plugin is now available in version 1.40.
Almost a month old now... (16.9)

Quote:
He added a lot of great new features with this one included the much anticipated (for me, anyway) VST3, a larger GUI (click in the lower right corner) and as always algorithm improvements..
VST3 crashed my DAW (on earlier versions of LM), I'll try again.

Larger gui is kinda work-around... a choice between regular GUI (win xp era size) and a "scaled up" (and blurry, may I add) face plate. he should aim for vector rendering (if it's possible for him). and and of course - leave the interface EXACTLY as it is (controllers wise).

As for "as always - algorithm improvements" : that part keeps amazing me. with every few iterations it seems like one can "poke" into the GR more and more (and more) without noticeable sound degradation. it may be a "one trick pony" (slow limiter, lack of processing flexibility etc.) but it is a hell of a pony and one hell of a trick !

Quote:
LoudMax is as good if not better than many commercial limiters on the market and can be used for track compression duties as well.
That is correct
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadud ➡️
Yeah lives for many years now in my projects. In fact it is the only limiter I use. Despite having Softube, PA and IK stuff

It is set and go, no overcomplicated settings, much like the stuff from airwindows.

It just works.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
My go-to Limiter. Thanks Doom64.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thumbs up

Been using the LoudMax on 99% of all the channels as last plugin, since 10 year back (uses almost no CPU). Mostly as a safety guard, but also some times to (drum roll) boost the loudness or for the coloring together with what else is on the channel. Think I still use the oldest version and I love it.

Thomas Mundt
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…