Harrison 32C Vocal Intensity Processor - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Harrison 32C Vocal Intensity Processor
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Software Harrison 32C Vocal Intensity Processor

The Fast Path to Great Vocals!

The 32C Vocal Intensity Processor is a 'greatest hits' collection of features from Harrison's analog console heritage, our AVA plugins, and our Mixbus workstation.

Features:

High-resolution spectrum display helps you identify your vocalists' range, and recognize out-of-band noises.
Legendary Harrison 32C High Pass and Low Pass filters to remove noise at frequencies above and below the vocal.
A BUMP button that recreates the resonance of the 32C console and enhances the 'presence boost' of your favorite studio microphone.
A 'bright' switch enhances vocals with more clarity, boosting highs from 2k up to the Low Pass filter cutoff.
Harrison's famed 'Leveler' compressor has been distilled to its simplest form, with only an 'Intensity' knob to adjust the signal drive into the compressor. This simultaneously raises your vocal to operating level, and activates the leveler to increase your vocalist's punch and intelligibility.
An output loudness meter helps you verify that the resulting loudness is 'in the pocket' for a lead vocal, podcast, or broadcast.
A final limiter protects your vocal from sustained digital clipping if you boost the Intensity too much.

More info:
https://harrisonconsoles.com/product...ity-processor/

Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
This one sounds pretty good! Wished there was an output level control.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is this the same ”analog thingy” as the channelstrip, with the capacitor and resistance and analog sound that Dan W matched with fabfilter so that they cancelled each other out? Cause if so, one might really just be going with fabfilter pro q.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I know I’ll be paying close attention to this soon-to-be 50+ page thread. Especially if there’s cramping or aliasing…
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I love their plugins, but they have got to have the worst licensing system in the industry. I just re-did my OS and can't use over half of my Harrison purchases, because you cannot re-download the older license files. Thankfully the newer plugs are using a code that fastspring can display on the invoice, but the older stuff is a huge pain as there is no code available.

Fortunately, I have all the lic's, but I have to retrieve them from an old hard drive that I am no longer using. Anyway, a hassle to be sure...

Geeze...

-end rant...
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 ➡️
I know I’ll be paying close attention to this soon-to-be 50+ page thread. Especially if there’s cramping or aliasing…
Most likely no cramping but if we’re lucky, some aliasing from the limiter

Anyway, this seems to be targeted at podcast and video vocal production more than music mixing. Nobody cares about cramping and aliasing there, I guess…
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Question: I already own 32C do i need it?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I'll give this one a swerve.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Will it nul a cramp?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro ➡️
I love their plugins, but they have got to have the worst licensing system in the industry. I just re-did my OS and can't use over half of my Harrison purchases, because you cannot re-download the older license files. Thankfully the newer plugs are using a code that fastspring can display on the invoice, but the older stuff is a huge pain as there is no code available.

Fortunately, I have all the lic's, but I have to retrieve them from an old hard drive that I am no longer using. Anyway, a hassle to be sure...

Geeze...

-end rant...
The fact that you can't take care of your licence files doesn't make it a bad licence scheme. I'd take that over a challenge/response scheme any day.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

I quite like Harrison's license system, and all of their plugins to date have been excellent with class-leading sonics. @ Ben @Harrison if you are listening, the following is what I await in a Harrison native Channelstrip:

- basically the entirety of the new 32c channelstrip with its Eq, filters, i/O, phase invert, but a '32c+' version as follows:
- replace the compressor with the fully adjustable comp from Drum Flow
- add two additional traditional adjustable Q bands from Legacy Q, plus a notch filter or two from LegacyQ
- add the gate/expander from Drum Flow
- add a one or two knob tape saturation from Mixbus
- zero latency and usual impressively low CPU
- if necessary, ditch the 'listen' and section soloing capabilities as I don't use or need them

If you did the above, I fail to see how it wouldn't dominate the already crowded but still rather lacking channelstrip market. Because all of your other plugins have additional features (Drum Flow has the excellent sine and white noise generator, the latency-inducing dynamic EQ, etc) this wouldn't cannibalize the entire line but would give those of us who need more EQ/comp control plus the gating features the perfect channelstrip in one blessed, sweet window. Just dreaming/hoping out loud here...

PS - you could follow this strip with a dedicated Harrison hardware equivalent to SSL's new UC1 controller, and Bob's your proverbial uncle...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I see Harrison I click the "Buy Now" button. No question asked
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak ➡️
The fact that you can't take care of your licence files doesn't make it a bad licence scheme. I'd take that over a challenge/response scheme any day.
You know if your computer crashes or something, they will not issue
you another license, because they cannot verify that the old one is
no longer in use. *shrug

My lic's are fine btw, only because I did take care of them...
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCommand ➡️
This is good question!?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Soooooo, anyone actually tried it yet? I’m away for work (to ward off any “why don’t you” comments)…
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Harrison Consoles

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro ➡️
You know if your computer crashes or something, they will not issue
you another license, because they cannot verify that the old one is
no longer in use. *shrug

My lic's are fine btw, only because I did take care of them...
@ pekbro : that is not the case at all! We have a complete list of customers' licenses and we routinely send them whenever a customer asks for them.

You can use the license on 'all' of your computers at once., without limitation. The license file has your name encrypted in it, so you should not share it with others.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Press ➡️
@ pekbro : that is not the case at all! We have a complete list of customers' licenses and we routinely send them whenever a customer asks for them.

You can use the license on 'all' of your computers at once., without limitation. The license file has your name encrypted in it, so you should not share it with others.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
I can vouch for this, having availed myself of this service not so long ago. Harrison is very fast with email support in this regard. Of all the things to complain about, Harrison's licensing system is not one of them in my opinion. In its simplicity, it's the most "analog" of the digital licensing schemes...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Press ➡️

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
OK thanks Ben, seems like things have changed since I was told that. It has been a while. Anyway, I'm over it. I will contact support and see if I can get some codes issued for the LV2 stuff mostly.

-Cheers
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCommand ➡️
It seems you can do the same thing with the channel strip.

To achieve the same brightness, activate the low-pass filter and boost about 6dB at 1.3kHz with the shelf.

Put the leveler to increase the intensity.

This is a useful plugin but I regret that the VIP does not contain an output trim. It would seem almost essential to me.

Also, it would be greatly appreciated if owners of the channel strip would get a special discount.

Ben, I hope you'll hear these suggestions
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibra ➡️
It seems you can do the same thing with the channel strip.

To achieve the same brightness, activate the low-pass filter and boost about 6dB at 1.3kHz with the shelf.

Put the leveler to increase the intensity.

This is a useful plugin but I regret that the VIP does not contain an output trim. It would seem almost essential to me.

Also, it would be greatly appreciated if owners of the channel strip would get a special discount.

Ben, I hope you'll hear these suggestions
I hope you don't get crucified for this comment. Last time I posted something like this, I got arrested, I've a court date next week
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonark ➡️
I hope you don't get crucified for this comment. Last time I posted something like this, I got arrested, I've a court date next week
Crucified for making a comment, how about that. Be careful in drama court.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…