Quantcast
H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available
Old 1 week ago
  #1
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available

We are delighted to announce you all that we have received the first batch of the H2 Audio/HELIOS 0011 modules and the dedicated 2 & 8 slots racks (002 & 008).

More info and details : https://floatingpoint.audio/gb/h2-audio

Last edited by FPA; 1 week ago at 12:42 PM.. Reason: image is not displayed
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
the fxs's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
the modules look gorgeous!

2500€ just for the 8 slot rack, though....
that's a bit much for a rack that doesn't fit any other brands modules.
the modules aren't cheap either.

best of luck H2 Audio.
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Gear Head
 
why separate modules for pre and eq????
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #4
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs ➡️
the modules look gorgeous!

2500€ just for the 8 slot rack, though....
that's a bit much for a rack that doesn't fit any other brands modules.
the modules aren't cheap either.

best of luck H2 Audio.
It's a dedicated rack made for the 0011 module and comes with an external PSU. It also has Sidechain inputs for the upcoming Comp. It's not a simple 500 Series rack
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #5
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurpleHead ➡️
why separate modules for pre and eq????
H2 Audio offers 3 modules. 2 x 500 Series and the 0011.
The 2128 a 500 Series Mic Pre
The 5011 a 500 Series 3-band EQ

The 0011 Mic Pre + EQ in a proprietary format with dedicated racks of 2 or 8 slots.

Al & Tim explain why they couldn't fit the Preamp + EQ in a single module here : https://youtu.be/uCXstI0xi6c?t=5
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #6
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPA ➡️
H2 Audio offers 3 modules. 2 x 500 Series and the 0011.
The 2128 a 500 Series Mic Pre
The 5011 a 500 Series 3-band EQ

The 0011 Mic Pre + EQ in a proprietary format with dedicated racks of 2 or 8 slots.

Al & Tim explain why they couldn't fit the Preamp + EQ in a single module here : https://youtu.be/uCXstI0xi6c?t=5
get the 0011 gotcha

hey that lunchbox in the video what model is that where to get?
Old 1 week ago
  #7
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I have 2 full sized 0011 modules in the lunchbox
Wish I had 8
They sound great.
Attached Thumbnails
H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available-img_2093.jpg  
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➡️
I have 2 full sized 0011 modules in the lunchbox
Wish I had 8
They sound great.
Hey Roundbadge awesome to hear they sound great. Do these H2 0011 sound akin to the vintage units you once owned?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #9
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiwoman ➡️
Hey Roundbadge awesome to hear they sound great. Do these H2 0011 sound akin to the vintage units you once owned?
Yeah real close.
I’d say the low end is a bit firmer,tighter.
The mids feel the same
The eq feels the same.
Also the real win is they have a ton of gain.
I’d forgotten just how much I love these on electric guitars and drums.
I’d say the comparison would be about equal to BAE vs. Vintage Neve.
In some cases I prefer BAE to vintage so it all works out favorably one way or another.
Oh and the build quality of the modules and lunchbox ain’t no joke.I do think output faders would be a big plus to hit em harder for a little more hair(ie overheads)
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #10
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurpleHead ➡️
get the 0011 gotcha

hey that lunchbox in the video what model is that where to get?
The 2 slots rack in the video is the prototype version of the 002 Rack.
https://floatingpoint.audio/gb/h2-au...audio-002-rack
Attached Thumbnails
H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available-h2_psu_02.jpg  
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➡️
Yeah real close.
I’d say the low end is a bit firmer,tighter.
The mids feel the same
The eq feels the same.
Also the real win is they have a ton of gain.
I’d forgotten just how much I love these on electric guitars and drums.
I’d say the comparison would be about equal to BAE vs. Vintage Neve.
In some cases I prefer BAE to vintage so it all works out favorably one way or another.
Oh and the build quality of the modules and lunchbox ain’t no joke.I do think output faders would be a big plus to hit em harder for a little more hair(ie overheads)
The HELIOS vintage modules are 30+ years old. Hard to find 2 that sound the same. So some differnce in the sound is normal.

Regarding the output fader check the Speck Electronics Fader 1, 2 & 3. Unfortunately, Speck has just stopped producing them since the components are hard to get, but we still have few units in stock. But the VIA FADER 10 & 16 Series are still available. They have tons of headroom and a very silent full class A audio path.
Attached Thumbnails
H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available-speck-fader-2-prix.jpg   H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available-speck-via-fader-10.jpg   H2 Audio 0011 and dedicated racks are now available-speck-via-fader-16m.jpg  
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #12
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPA ➡️
The HELIOS vintage modules are 30+ years old. Hard to find 2 that sound the same. So some differnce in the sound is normal.

Regarding the output fader check the Speck Electronics Fader 1, 2 & 3. Unfortunately, Speck has just stopped producing them since the components are hard to get, but we still have few units in stock. But the VIA FADER 10 & 16 Series are still available. They have tons of headroom and a very silent full class A audio path.
I had 6 vintage Lustraphone modules ranging from older 24 volt to 32 volt’s and aside from headroom they were all surprisingly sonically pretty dang close.
instead of buying external faders after dropping big coin on H2 modules,why not put the right value fader pots right on the racks?Just like the way everyone else has done for years.
BAE,Heritage,Vintage King (Neve,Helios)racks,Valley Sound,Mercenary Audio,Dan Alexander etc.
Old 1 week ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 
roger's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I did some drums the other day and just used the onboard pads. Sounded siiiiiick! They’ve got that woody thunky funky tone. Unique and super cool!
Got a drum sesh tonight so might run em through the zods and leave em wide open.....
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #14
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➡️
I had 6 vintage Lustraphone modules ranging from older 24 volt to 32 volt’s and aside from headroom they were all surprisingly sonically pretty dang close.
instead of buying external faders after dropping big coin on H2 modules,why not put the right value fader pots right on the racks?Just like the way everyone else has done for years.
BAE,Heritage,Vintage King (Neve,Helios)racks,Valley Sound,Mercenary Audio,Dan Alexander etc.
Beside the headroom and voltage they sounded the same. Agree on that

Regarding the fader pot on the rack, you should ask H2 Audio. What I can tell is that when I use them, I don't feel the need of an output fader. Since you raise the big coin issue, the VK 4 slots rack is old for $2,900.00 while the H2 Audio 008 rack for $2,250.00. We sell it in Europe for $2,350.00 after shipping charges and import taxes. So I guess H2 Audio tried to minimize the price.

I'm not sure BAE, Dan Alexander, Valley sound offer any. And RIP Mercenary. Heritage offers only one 500 rack with output faders, the MCM-8 II, which is an 8 slots 500 Series rack and not compatible with the 0011 modules, price: $1,500.00. While the Speck VF10 (10 faders) price is $1,550.00 and operates with all type of sources, even unbalanced ones, +28dB of headroom, plus additional features.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #15
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger ➡️
I did some drums the other day and just used the onboard pads. Sounded siiiiiick! They’ve got that woody thunky funky tone. Unique and super cool!
Got a drum sesh tonight so might run em through the zods and leave em wide open.....
Nice!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #16
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPA ➡️
Beside the headroom and voltage they sounded the same. Agree on that

Regarding the fader pot on the rack, you should ask H2 Audio. What I can tell is that when I use them, I don't feel the need of an output fader. Since you raise the big coin issue, the VK 4 slots rack is old for $2,900.00 while the H2 Audio 008 rack for $2,250.00. We sell it in Europe for $2,350.00 after shipping charges and import taxes. So I guess H2 Audio tried to minimize the price.

I'm not sure BAE, Dan Alexander, Valley sound offer any. And RIP Mercenary. Heritage offers only one 500 rack with output faders, the MCM-8 II, which is an 8 slots 500 Series rack and not compatible with the 0011 modules, price: $1,500.00. While the Speck VF10 (10 faders) price is $1,550.00 and operates with all type of sources, even unbalanced ones, +28dB of headroom, plus additional features.
All my old (non 500) racks holding vintage modules have output control.pretty standard deal.
The thing with the Helios is they sound good when pushed.
That’s half the fun.
Ask Glyn.that was part of his overhead sound.
Push one click past clean gain then pull the faders back accordingly.
The request has been made w H2.
Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
  #17
Lives for gear
 
roger's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Just ran an R88 into the H2’s into a Chandler Zener.
Flip!!!
Amazing!
(Ludwig classic maple, black beauty)
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #18
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➡️
All my old (non 500) racks holding vintage modules have output control.pretty standard deal.
The thing with the Helios is they sound good when pushed.
That’s half the fun.
Ask Glyn.that was part of his overhead sound.
Push one click past clean gain then pull the faders back accordingly.
The request has been made w H2.
Cheers.
I get you 100% buddy, you prefer to crunch them internally.
I rather do that with an external gear powered by 110/220V offering much more headroom. Not in a rack with 32V max power.

But in a way or another, you can achieve what you wish ...

Take care.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #19
Gear Head
 
FPA's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger ➡️
Just ran an R88 into the H2’s into a Chandler Zener.
Flip!!!
Amazing!
(Ludwig classic maple, black beauty)
Must be C R E A M Y
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
roger's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPA ➡️
Must be C R E A M Y
I dunno about “creamy”.......
Attached Files
File Type: aif brad & rog autumn 2021_1.aif (2.78 MB, 34 views)
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump