Quantcast
Golden Age Grand — To 2" Tape, Then Slowed - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Golden Age Grand — To 2" Tape, Then Slowed
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Golden Age Grand — To 2" Tape, Then Slowed

Hi all! We just released a new grand piano library called the Golden Age Grand. We recorded this piano on a beautiful vintage console as the default sound and then we sent the samples to 2" tape then slowed the playback for a beautifully warm and characterful sound. There's a lot more I could say about the piano but for now visit the link below and watch the overview video!

To learn more about the piano, listen to demos, and watch a bunch of video content visit:
https://www.teletoneaudio.com/golden-age-grand

Here is an overview of the piano:

Enjoy!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This sounds great. I love your approach. Clearly, a lot of thought has gone into this.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I hadn’t heard about Teletone Audio before. These libraries look amazing. I just bought all 3. I’m looking forward to playing with them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cool concept, demos sound great
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sounds great!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Nostalgia is a magic buttom and brings the piano to life.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Bought and love! Now i might have to buy everything else they make
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I love the mic pair routing to individual daw channels. That’s awesome.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sounds killer
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thank you all!

One of the presets included with Golden Age Grand is a preset called "Glass Waves" inspired by Radiohead's "Glass Eyes" from their album 'Moon Shape Pool'. Jeremy plays a cover of this tune on the Golden Age Grand, check it out...

To learn more about the Golden Age Grand, visit:
Golden Age Grand - Teletone Audio
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Ya know, I bought this and part of me wants to not share that it’s brilliant because I want it to be a secret weapon… but I also want to support these designers because it really is brilliant. Just gorgeous, really versatile, but with quick to dial in settings that all sound just lush and lovely. I’ve loved using it the last few days. I have keyscape and use it on everything, but I think I prefer this as the general go-to. It feels really emotional and inspiring to play.

Teletone, thank you, and please keep doing what you’re doing.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by itswintertime ➡️
Ya know, I bought this and part of me wants to not share that it’s brilliant because I want it to be a secret weapon… but I also want to support these designers because it really is brilliant. Just gorgeous, really versatile, but with quick to dial in settings that all sound just lush and lovely. I’ve loved using it the last few days. I have keyscape and use it on everything, but I think I prefer this as the general go-to. It feels really emotional and inspiring to play.

Teletone, thank you, and please keep doing what you’re doing.
100% the same. I echo all of this.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
The presets sound great. I like it. I like it a lot!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Thank you all! Glad you are digging the presets.

We made a video that covers all the presets we designed, have a watch...

The presets we designed range from applications for lofi hip-hop, pop, classical, to film score. A bit of something for everyone.

We modeled some of the presets after some of our favorite artist, records, and soundtracks... from Billy Joel, Radiohead, Billie Eilish, Ben Folds, to film scores like Donnie Darko, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Max Richter. Much more.

Have a watch in the video above to see a demonstration of some of those presets.

Thanks again!

Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletone Audio ➡️
Thank you all! Glad you are digging the presets.

We made a video that covers all the presets we designed, have a watch...

The presets we designed range from applications for lofi hip-hop, pop, classical, to film score. A bit of something for everyone.

We modeled some of the presets after some of our favorite artist, records, and soundtracks... from Billy Joel, Radiohead, Billie Eilish, Ben Folds, to film scores like Donnie Darko, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Max Richter. Much more.

Have a watch in the video above to see a demonstration of some of those presets.

Thanks again!

Those Headphones presets sound incredible!
That last preset in Performances is just pillowy heaven, loved the Jeux d'eau rendition.
Recordings and Scores presets... my god, a goldmine.

Planning a Black friday haul and this is DEFINITELY on the list!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Can anyone who owns both this and Postcard Piano comment on how much overlap there is between the two products?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillloyd ➡️
Can anyone who owns both this and Postcard Piano comment on how much overlap there is between the two products?
Deffinitely take someone else's thoughts, but just as an FYI they are VERY different products.

Postcard Piano is an upright piano. It's samples have been digitally pitch-shifted and time stretched.

Golden Age Grand is a grand piano. It has 3 options of sample sets (high-fidelity, slowed 2" tape, digital pitch-shift / time stretched). It also has 3 mic positions (close, ribbon, and room).

The overlap would just be in that they have similar controls like the Age effect. But inherently two very different pianos.

Hope that helps!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…