Quantcast
DDMF MagicVerb - A new MagicDeathEye and DDMF Collaboration - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DDMF MagicVerb - A new MagicDeathEye and DDMF Collaboration
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

I was bit reluctant to try the demo this initially due to the GUI, but not only is it a real fun GUI once you start using the plugin (there is some funny interaction between the sliders and the graphical elements symbolizing the effect of the parameters), but the sound is really superb.

Since I'm a huge convolution reverb fan I do already have a huge collection of real spaces, including chambers and rooms, but you can hear that the MagicVerb impulses were carefully captured and selected and there is not much hit and miss here.

One feature suggestion: add a dampen control. Not that the impulses sound overly bright (on the contrary, in fact it sounds as if the reverb treble has already been reduced, which works fine for oldschool sounding mixes in particular), but depending on the source material you still may want to control the verbs highs on some occasions.

Regarding the price: I guess it's justified considering that some really good rooms were captured here, which must have taken some effort (costs?) to organize. On the other hand it's a rather small set of impulses, so I'm not totally sure. But that's of course up to the developer.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I hope the action on the sliders will be updated at some point.. But that's minor issue to me. I'm loving the way this sounds!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone finding this verb useful?
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 ➡️
Anyone finding this verb useful?
It’s incredible.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…