Klevgrand releases Rum - Room Simulator - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Klevgrand releases Rum - Room Simulator
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Software Klevgrand releases Rum - Room Simulator

(from the official press release)

Klevgrand releases Rum – a room simulator plug-in that simulates different kinds of spaces. The plug-in gives you a versatile collection of small rooms - from acoustic treated studio booths to rooms found in an ordinary home. Rum is very useful to add a sense of space around dry recordings, both acoustic and electronic.

Recording audio from a distance is a well known technique to achieve more natural and “real” sounds. Klevgrand started to elaborate with this approach and the result is Rum* – a plug-in with 10 multi-recorded rooms with different mic settings and characters that can be cross combined. Rum offers an advanced stereo spread and modulation unit for more tweakability. It also comes with a built-in ducker making it easy to tame transients on the wet signal, cutoff filters, pre-delay (with tempo sync) and a full set of factory presets.

* Rum means Room in Swedish.

Features
• 10 different rooms with 6 variants each
• 3 different types of stereo spread algorithms
• Modulation
• Ducker (compression) for the wet signal
• Pre-delay with tempo synchronization
• Low cut and highcut filters
• Plenty of factory presets

Pricing and availability
Desktop (AU/VST/AAX): $29.99 (until September 30, then $39.99)
iPad (AUv3, Standalone): $9.99 (until September 30, then $14.99)

More info at Klevgrand.se

Audio Examples

Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Excited to check this out, love Klevgrand!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cool name... well played.

Look forward to checking it out.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Super noice!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

You really should give a free copy of this one to Warren Huart since that's exactly how he pronounces "room".
Old 6 days ago
CGR
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Nice one Klevgrand! The 'Orange Modals' demo with Rum is giving me Tom Waits vibes with the feel and the room sound.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I like it! It can be subtle but when it´s off you miss it. Always a fan for room and ER stuff. That ducking is awesome! It should be implemented in every reverb as it saves a little bus/postwork.
Old 5 days ago
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundhage ➡️

Very, very, very clever video.

While you're at it, check out Korvpressor.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Love Klevgrand. The second most hipster plugin company, after Goodhertz of course
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theXbucket ➡️
I like it! It can be subtle but when it´s off you miss it. Always a fan for room and ER stuff. That ducking is awesome! It should be implemented in every reverb as it saves a little bus/postwork.
So, the ducking feature is basically a compressor in front of the reverb to tame attacky / transient sounds or what does it do?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundhage ➡️

Klevgrand releases Rum – a room simulator plug-in that simulates different kinds of spaces. The plug-in gives you a versatile collection of small rooms - from acoustic treated studio booths to rooms found in an ordinary home. Rum is very useful to add a sense of space around dry recordings, both acoustic and electronic.

Recording audio from a distance is a well known technique to achieve more natural and “real” sounds. Klevgrand started to elaborate with this approach and the result is Rum* – a plug-in with 10 multi-recorded rooms with different mic settings and characters that can be cross combined. Rum offers an advanced stereo spread and modulation unit for more tweakability. It also comes with a built-in ducker making it easy to tame transients on the wet signal, cutoff filters, pre-delay (with tempo sync) and a full set of factory presets.

* Rum means Room in Swedish.

Features
• 10 different rooms with 6 variants each
• 3 different types of stereo spread algorithms
• Modulation
• Ducker (compression) for the wet signal
• Pre-delay with tempo synchronization
• Low cut and highcut filters
• Plenty of factory presets

Pricing and availability
Desktop (AU/VST/AAX): $29.99 (until September 30, then $39.99)
iPad (AUv3, Standalone): $9.99 (until September 30, then $14.99)

More info at Klevgrand.se

Audio Examples

The samples are very impressive.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtHanson ➡️
So, the ducking feature is basically a compressor in front of the reverb to tame attacky / transient sounds or what does it do?
Pretty much. It ducks/allows the transients of the dry signal to stick through so they don’t get lost in the verb
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Sounds very good!

I am glad we have a different kind of Reum now in our arsenal.

Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadriff ➡️
Pretty much. It ducks/allows the transients of the dry signal to stick through so they don’t get lost in the verb
Are you 100% certain? Now that I thought of it: would the ducking not be a compressor AFTER the reverb, which ducks the reverb signal whenever it touches the treshold, to keep the reverb amount in check? Otherwise you can get too much reverb mush...
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

No demo, but I took a leap of faith and bought it. Sounds great, but a editable decay would make it a lot better. It's got a little magic to it.
Old 20 hours ago
Here for the gear

My dog immediately went bonkers when I played the YouTube demo! Ha! I’d say that’s a testimonial to the life like rooms this plugin creates! Nice work, Klevgrand! I’m diggin’ the sound of this one!
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by analag ➡️
No demo, but I took a leap of faith and bought it. Sounds great, but a editable decay would make it a lot better. It's got a little magic to it.
No demo?
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2studios ➡️
No demo?
When I demoed it there was definitely a demo
Old 8 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone tested it for post? Seem to be quite useful in that application
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucelar ➡️
Anyone tested it for post? Seem to be quite useful in that application
I haven't, but it's really quite "phasey" (as in comb filtery) sounding, for lack of a better word. I'm not really sure what's going on, but it's a fair bit intrusive. It's still a pretty cool plugin, but it wouldn't cross my mind to try it on post.
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyberg ➡️
When I demoed it there was definitely a demo
Oh well, I bought it and absolutely love it.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…