Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp - Page 8 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
FFS
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
This plugin is incredible hands down!
I think they can totally justify the price, been using the P900 heaps, one of the best soft synths by far!
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS ➡️
This plugin is incredible hands down!
I think they can totally justify the price, been using the P900 heaps, one of the best soft synths by far!
Thanks FFS, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Here is a surprise.
We will re-introduce P900.
Since the code rewrite of P900 will take another year, we are going to fix bugs, update the preset management and make it M1 ready and relaunch.
You should have it before Santa appears.

Last edited by p900; 4 days ago at 01:14 PM.. Reason: protocol edit
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
Here I leave it, I do not want to intoxicate the thread, this is about a modular pulsar product, not about my services, despite the fact that the p900 itself has been the one that has named them and has attacked me.
Nah, you’ve been called out for shady tactics and now you’re trying to play the victim, it’s pathetic.
Lives for gear

Made a short Funky-Linny loop.

1) No Pulsar modular plugins

2) Lunar Lander is on E-Piano and Drums (only stereo out on drum-machine for fast demo-making).

3) Lunar Lander + p42 is on the E-piano.

4) p42 / Studer Tape settings on drum- and e-piano stems each 1 instance unfortunately without the cool previous patch for the e-piano.

Best direct comparison for the tape effect ist 2) and 4)

PS
p900: thank you so much for making this plugin
Attached Files

Funky - NO LL NO p42.wav (3.22 MB, 1526 views)

Funky - with LL NO p42.wav (3.22 MB, 1497 views)

Funky - LL+P42EPiano.wav (3.22 MB, 1496 views)

Funky - LL+Stems P42Studer.wav (3.22 MB, 1493 views)

Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by p900 ➡️
We work in reverse. You download the fully functioning 20-days, if you like it, review it, publish it, then you earn an NFR.
This way, you are under no obligation to give a biased review, nor state that you got an NFR to review the product.
Negative points about the plugin during your review still earns you an NFR.
You guys are outside my budget (which I have no problem with, I don't feel entitled to tell people how to run their business) but kudos for this. Good attitude to the influencer game and refreshing to see.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun ➡️
p900: thank you so much for making this plugin
Sheesh, enough with the vagueness already. Do you like the plugin or not?!! How do you rate it compared to other color plugins you like?
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks for the walkthrough video Eric. As I mentioned in a previous post, that any YouTube influencer that review P42 can get an NFR license; as such I will message you with a 100% discount code on the P42 Climax.
You are the first to review P42. I am wondering…maybe others are afraid from the radioactive material that is emitted from the Molybdenum found in the P42 A-12J triad.

On the technical aspect, I would like to point out that different coloring can be obtained with the freq. points on the shelving EQ; especially with the high shelf. Don’t think of it as a shelf! Think in color! As such, dig in and go down to 1.2kHz or even 750Hz. Bring the boost from zero up till you get the perfect color, thereafter, use the Air button with its boost as a traditional Shelving EQ.
Introducing a Shelf to a signal at -18dB is where it can enter in near stealth mode. Thereafter you boost. For simplification’s sake, numbers on the Shelving boost were changed to be from zero to 10 instead of -18dB to +6dB. However, my technical mind reverted to giving you the proper numbers on the Air Boost with the dB values. Go figure!
Thanks so much! This makes sense about the Air Boost, it's powerful. I did notice that the shelves sound great throughout their entire range. A high shelf at 500Hz or low shelf at 2kHz (to come up with some random examples) sound great and like tone shaping options. I often finding myself setting them to frequencies that I wouldn't typically do with a straight up eq plugin.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun ➡️
I ask you, have you seen the numbers of subs Eric has? Do you find the word "influencer" adequate in this context?
"Influencer"
Didn't anyone see me at the Met Gala?
I was dressed as a plugin.
Gear Nut

v1.5.1 released
The saturation has been increased to 150% (presets' settings will not be affected). We should not be held responsible after the 100% mark.
Pro Tools AAX on Mac is properly signed and works fine. This mistake triggered the 25% "We messed Up" campaign.
PayPal option has been added at checkout. Billing goes through a US partner IQservices.
We are planning to bring the beast back. P900 Modular Synth will return before year's end (bug fix, better preset management and running native on M1 chipset).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbridenbaker ➡️
"Influencer"
Didn't anyone see me at the Met Gala?
I was dressed as a plugin.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Derek ➡️
Sheesh, enough with the vagueness already. Do you like the plugin or not?!! How do you rate it compared to other color plugins you like?
Had no clue it wasn't clear by now for some.

Vote is 6 from 5 stars.

And yes it came easily on first position.

Everyone who knows me a bit from Gearspace will be aware of that Satin from U-he was my favorite tape plugin of all times since ages. Judging from the pure tape emulation usage only (!) of the p42 I like the p42 better. Low end bump wise and cumulative effect. I never thought I would say this any time (please Urs excuse me).

Saturators I find very good and which aren't boring blanket saturators:
Kelvin - Tone Projects
VSM-4 - Vertigo Sound (not to confuse with the PA stuff)
Tupe - Goodhertz
Overstayer - Softube
Satin - U-he
Big Al - NeOld
Blyss - Kush (only partly)

P42 Climax is as good as them all plus a lot more in regards of non-linearity and interaction as well as the incredible transient and bass handling as well as imaging (holding instruments in their created spaces). This beautiful low end bump alone! P42 simply goes a step beyond.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler ➡️
Nah, you’ve been called out for shady tactics and now you’re trying to play the victim, it’s pathetic.
As much it was only logical that a stone thrower would get a head bump himself, as much I really really wished that...

...all would be reset now to a new start. Everybody leaves the room for a short while and comes back with an open mind, no more accusations, assumptions, provocations, agent-provocateur-attitude...

...only constructive comments and thought processes, actual plugin-feedback, sound examples, improvement suggestions and such.

Call me naive...it would be Gearslutz Utopia. Why not actual?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto ➡️
But to play devil's advocate here: I suspect the folks at the company consider themselves to be 'creatives', so why deny them a living wage?
Hey, I'm all for them making a living wage, who isn't? And they can charge what they like. But consumers don't have to pay that price either...

At the end of the day, it's all about seller and buyer choice. Personally, I don't think any Saturation plugin is worth 249.00. It sounds like it might be another candidate for Elton John, however.

But I wish them the best of luck!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I try this plugin in detail. This is awesome tool . in every way. the price, with initial 25% discount is small for what it offers. i know that many of you havent even tried and spit in advance. I know we are used to getting low prices time to time from many good companies. but this is young company and yes. i will pay.. Full price as a support to this developer! i dont know what is under the hood of this plugin and i dont care. i use my ears and this plugin makes me smile on every track i put it. just try it.
Lives for gear

Holy ****. Initial tests are VERY positive. Here's a quick on/off of the snare I'm mixing rn. Geeeeez

ETA: settings are pretty simple: saturation at about 50%, and a 9.4 boost at 290hz. Output gain is trimmed back to compensate.
Attached Files

P42 Sn Demo.mp3 (1,003.2 KB, 157 views)

Lives for gear

And to add to that, here it is with the compression I just dialed in after the P42. I did the same on/off routine with P42, but left the compression on to illustrate how beautifully it interacts with the compression.
Attached Files

P42 Sn Demo w compression.mp3 (1,003.3 KB, 155 views)

Lives for gear

LOL i wish i could play this in the context of the whole mix for you guys. It's nuts. The solo'd snare a/b sounds great, but what it's doing for the snare as part of the mix is downright uncanny.
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL i wish i could play this in the context of the whole mix for you guys. It's nuts. The solo'd snare a/b sounds great, but what it's doing for the snare as part of the mix is downright uncanny.
Haha, if you do use it on a complete mix on/off you´ll jump out of your chair

I´ll post a cumulative on-off effect soon, maybe tomorrow...cheers
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioton ➡️
I try this plugin in detail. This is awesome tool . in every way. the price, with initial 25% discount is small for what it offers. i know that many of you havent even tried and spit in advance. I know we are used to getting low prices time to time from many good companies. but this is young company and yes. i will pay.. Full price as a support to this developer! i dont know what is under the hood of this plugin and i dont care. i use my ears and this plugin makes me smile on every track i put it. just try it.
I´m so glad about your answer and your enthusiasm. Thanks a lot for your feedback. I´m glad for Pulsar Modular and I´m saying it also as I might be a passionated person with audio since some appr. 30 years now. But I´m not considering myself a pro by any means, having your feedback, that my old ears can´t be so bad after all and that I actually did learn a lot over the last year, officially studying mix-engineering in detail (I´m occupied with it for about 4 years now in total)...simply does make me glad.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effectsworks ➡️
Hey, I'm all for them making a living wage, who isn't? And they can charge what they like. But consumers don't have to pay that price either...

At the end of the day, it's all about seller and buyer choice. Personally, I don't think any Saturation plugin is worth 249.00. It sounds like it might be another candidate for Elton John, however.

But I wish them the best of luck!
P42 is like an ecosystem, you can’t exclude one or more parts of it.
So saturation is only a part, the Air, the interacting shelving EQ, the LP & HP filters. They all form the P42.
So no, it is not a saturator nor a shelving EQ nor a LP/HP filters. It is simply P42 a unique audio piece that was designed like a pallet of expressive colors; and in the hands of a painter can transform dull canvas to life.
It works on individual instruments, on mix-bus and even in mastering. You choose what you want it to be.
Lives for gear

Quote:
P42 is like an ecosystem, you can’t exclude one or more parts of it.
So saturation is only a part, the Air, the interacting shelving EQ, the LP & HP filters. They all form the P42.
So no, it is not a saturator nor a shelving EQ nor a LP/HP filters. It is simply P42 a unique audio piece that was designed like a pallet of expressive colors; and in the hands of a painter can transform dull canvas to life.
It works on individual instruments, on mix-bus and even in mastering. You choose what you want it to be.
I would add to this what is probably my favorite effect in the last few hours i've been testing P42: it tends to make the downstream plugins (and to a lesser degree, hardware) behave and sound better. See the snare compression example up above to hear what i mean.
Gear Nut

Quote:
I would add to this what is probably my favorite effect in the last few hours i've been testing P42: it tends to make the downstream plugins (and to a lesser degree, hardware) behave and sound better. See the snare compression example up above to hear what i mean.
You are right. It prepped up anything you put it on.
The initial company slogan, while brain storming was- Turning your Chihuahua into a Bulldog. But we settled for, The Sound Is Unbelievable.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
This was exactly my experience! Once I got over my initial thought that the EQ was there to fix any shortcomings of the pre and used it fully it shocked the hell out of me. I use a bunch of Acustica and UAD and while I won't say (yet, gotta explore some more) that it matches those tools it definitely plays in a very close field and makes other things in the chain substantially better.

I did a test mix with just analog obsession plugs. I like them and am a patreon but they do have their limitations in terms of soundstage. This thing put them in a completely different place and its so CPU efficient that it almost doesn't make sense.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Turning your Chihuahua into a Bulldog
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➡️
This was exactly my experience! Once I got over my initial thought that the EQ was there to fix any shortcomings of the pre and used it fully it shocked the hell out of me. I use a bunch of Acustica and UAD and while I won't say (yet, gotta explore some more) that it matches those tools it definitely plays in a very close field and makes other things in the chain substantially better.

I did a test mix with just analog obsession plugs. I like them and am a patreon but they do have their limitations in terms of soundstage. This thing put them in a completely different place and its so CPU efficient that it almost doesn't make sense.
The P42 handily beats most of my UAD stuff in my testing so far, simply in terms of flexibility and the interactivity of the controls. As far as the harmonic sweetness it adds, it's definitely on par with Acustica, but i'm loving the much, MUCH smaller CPU hit.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The P42 handily beats most of my UAD stuff in my testing so far, simply in terms of flexibility and the interactivity of the controls. As far as the harmonic sweetness it adds, it's definitely on par with Acustica, but i'm loving the much, MUCH smaller CPU hit.
The CPU hit is just stupid and you are probably right. I'm so used to quality like this coming with a huge penalty that my brain almost refuses to accept it. Regardless of what I combine it with its always better with than without.
Quote:
We work in reverse. You download the fully functioning 20-days, if you like it, review it, publish it, then you earn an NFR.
This way, you are under no obligation to give a biased review, nor state that you got an NFR to review the product.
Negative points about the plugin during your review still earns you an NFR.
You obviously don't know who Dom & Roland is then?

Well, if Dom liked a product like this, I'd snap it up. Just saying...
Gear Head

Quote:
Yes. This is also one of the main things I noticed about it. It made the EQ of a problematic vocal much easier. I'm really enjoying the sound of this compared to other quality plugins of this type - Kelvin Tone Shaper and VSM-4 for example.

I will probably purchase this plug-in and I'm definitely going to demo their Lunar Lander delay now.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effectsworks ➡️
You obviously don't know who Dom & Roland is then?

Well, if Dom liked a product like this, I'd snap it up. Just saying...
Why do you need Dominic confirmation to grab an audio tool? You are in an audio field not fashion or art!
Anyway, I don’t blame you. For many years I chased YouTube reviews and bought what they recommended. All this changed, once I’m started listening with my ears and not with my eyes.
Lives for gear

Quote:
All this changed, once I’m started listening with my ears and not with my eyes.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…