Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp - Page 14 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by p900 ➡️
Take heed! don't say I did not warn you. Keep your piggy bank fat and brew coffee at home... something is coming before end of the year.
One compressor to rule them all. (Lord of the Ring music theme is playing in the background)

Imagine ONE compressor that replicates the actual sound and behaviour perfectly of all those well know compressors we all love.

But please stop with all this goodness, lol.
You may demotivate all the plugin developers out there and they may end up throwing in the towel
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastconcept ➡️

Imagine ONE compressor that replicates the actual sound and behaviour perfectly of all those well know compressors we all love.

But please stop with all this goodness, lol.
You may demotivate all the plugin developers out there and they may end up throwing in the towel
Isnt that practically DMG TrackComp2?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plx ➡️
Isnt that practically DMG TrackComp2?
It is, in my opinion DMG offers the best choice for anyone that wants an all in one compressor solution.
However, I guess with the unique way Pulsar codes their plugins, we may experience and hear a more 3D-ish sound (what most algo plugins lack). I assume it may sound close to what Acustica Audio does with their plugins, but without taxing the CPU.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Update on upcoming P42 Climax v1.6

• AIR Switch will now allow you to move the frequency point from 5 KHz (Originally fixed freq.) up to 12 KHz. Surely, it would have been a lovely treatment on the hi-hat on John Paul Young song: Love is In The Air.
  • Finalized the calibration of the new preset DRS-1R.
  • Working on Montessi Blue and Silver Preamp presets for the new version.
  • Field's parameter value can be typed in.
  • Addressing the flashing green image slowing DAW refresh.
  • AAX for Windows is ready.
P42 v1.6 coming to a DAW near you (or in front of you) soon.
ps: Upsampling and working at 192 KHz will be addressed in v1.7
Attached Images
Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp-new-air.png 
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
It is, in my opinion DMG offers the best choice for anyone that wants an all in one compressor solution.
However, I guess with the unique way Pulsar codes their plugins, we may experience and hear a more 3D-ish sound (what most algo plugins lack). I assume it may sound close to what Acustica Audio does with their plugins, but without taxing the CPU.
Actually, TrackComp 2 does that already
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm not a fan of what acustica does at all, so you kinda lost me there
Gear Nut

Fiddling with the new AIR freq. range

Showcasing the color palette of P42 on Bass Guitar.
Checking the frequency range and clarity of the "AIR" High Shelf Filter at high boost.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…