Black Rooster Audio launches the OmniTec-67A - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Rooster Audio launches the OmniTec-67A
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axy McGuitarface ➡️
I must confess I've stopped using BR plugins after being massively into them a year or so ago. Having said that, by some weird alchemy, just putting the 'Harsh Vocal' preset on gives me the *exact sound* I want from my mic and voice. No more stacking loads of plugins to get the vocal sound I want.
Buying it for that alone.
Thank you for coming back!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oh yes what a lovely tool!
Autogain please!
I'm buying the masterpiece now!

Last edited by Jpga; 1 week ago at 12:51 AM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon ➡️
I'm wondering too. Either they sold so many plugins they can retire rich men or they still sell so many plugins they don't need to put it anything new. Mostly, everything I used to use theirs had been surpassed by newer better plugins. It's a shame though. I bought this, but i haven't even demoed it yet. Hopefully tonight.
EchoBoy, PrimalTap are used on every mix I deliver and I don't know other delays that can get the same sounds as fast. DevilLoc and Decapitator are still used almost on every job too...
I guess we all have different taste
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Smile

Sound examples on the site sounds promising.

For how long is the $49 price?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan ➡️
this!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkermann ➡️
Seasoned space
It's not quite fulfilling the mental imagery of audio obsessive lustfully bedding every plugin he can get his hands on..but site name change duly noted.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I'm really impressed with the sound of this. Here's how I've used it on the mix bus with nice results.
Line input
Keep output at about -14
Level match with input
Hit VU meter between -10 and -5
High bias
Tube 3
Restore highs and mids with treble and mid knobs
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Smile

Håller tummarna att det ordnar sig.

Har du testat att logga in på ditt konto?

Last edited by Bob Yordan; 1 week ago at 06:08 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

Quote:
Håller tummarna att det ordnar sig.

Har du testat att logga in på ditt konto?
Det löste sig fort.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster ➡️
But: We are working on a framework enhancement to allow proper gain-staging for every plug-in in our portfolio. Please stay tuned.
This is wonderful news!
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sound examples on the site sounds promising.

Only a few weeks -- the next release is prepared already and ready to ship. So hurry up!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster ➡️
Only a few weeks -- the next release is prepared already and ready to ship. So hurry up!
Autogain?
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga ➡️
Autogain?
As the output stage is adding additional saturation, we thought any auto-gain option does not make too much sense. But we hear you, regarding clean output trim -- working on a solution on a framework basis.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Tempted to download this demo. My relationship with Radiator is intriguing. I used to use it a lot then I tried switching from Pro Tools to Studio One and for some reason Radiator stoped sounding good. I even putted it for sale. I thought it was just my taste moving on to different things but then I ended up going back to Pro Tools a few months later and Radiator started sounding great again. To this day, if I load Radiator on both DAWS I still have the same opinion. Im sure it is the color of the background for Pro Tools and Studio One being different that causes me to have such trips
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacertotambem ➡️
Tempted to download this demo. My relationship with Radiator is intriguing. I used to use it a lot then I tried switching from Pro Tools to Studio One and for some reason Radiator stoped sounding good. I even putted it for sale. I thought it was just my taste moving on to different things but then I ended up going back to Pro Tools a few months later and Radiator started sounding great again. To this day, if I load Radiator on both DAWS I still have the same opinion. Im sure it is the color of the background for Pro Tools and Studio One being different that causes me to have such trips
Maybe then the OmniTec-67A could be a good fit. DSP-wise it uses the same algos over all platforms. I don't have a clue, if ST implemented the DSP (potentially oversampling or performance specific parts of the code) specifically for different platforms?!

We do offer a 14-day trial for free, so you can play around with it and maybe have a direct comparison.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We need the new update now guy’s soo we can control the output gain.

Love the color BRA

All the best,,JP

Last edited by Jpga; 2 days ago at 05:58 PM..
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga ➡️
We need the new update now guy’s soo we can control the output gan.

Love the color BRA

All the best,,JP
On it! Thanks!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

VPRE-73 is always on my vocal tracks, amazing sound, can't replace it with anything... so now I'm afraid of testing this new one, I know I'll love it and my wallet will punch me
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
VPRE-73 is always on my vocal tracks, amazing sound, can't replace it with anything... so now I'm afraid of testing this new one, I know I'll love it and my wallet will punch me
VPRE-73 is indeed amazing. For sometime now my default vocal chain has been VPRE-73 into VLA-2A into PSP’s E27 EQ. Pretty magic trio for getting vocals with the perfect balance of warmth, presence and air.

Even though I have Radiator I am sorely tempted by the Omni-Tec, because BR seems to knock nearly everything it touches out of the park.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightchef ➡️
VPRE-73 is indeed amazing. For sometime now my default vocal chain has been VPRE-73 into VLA-2A into PSP’s E27 EQ. Pretty magic trio for getting vocals with the perfect balance of warmth, presence and air.

Even though I have Radiator I am sorely tempted by the Omni-Tec, because BR seems to knock nearly everything it touches out of the park.
My main chain until now is VPRE-73 into Noiseash Heritage (pultec) + serial comps (always an opto somewhere, been trying opto red from tone empire and is great, but love CLA-2/3A and VLA-2A). KH-COMP1 is amazing too, as FETPressor if need a fast and transparent one. Another compressor I sometimes use if I want the vocal really upfront is RVox... impressive.

Have E27 but haven't been using it for a while (it was mainly on my mix buss), will try your chain soon... sounds great
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…