Quantcast
Har-Bal Spatial Pan - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Har-Bal Spatial Pan
Old 8th September 2021
Here for the gear

Har-Bal Spatial Pan

New product from the maker of Har-Bal.

Very interesting concept. Certainly when producing itb or in general when without actual acoustics.

A VST/AU plugin to place individually on tracks, which then can be placed in the stereo field. Early reflections and other acoustic factors like high frequency fall-off are included.

Main point being - ambience effect will be different according to pan - and depth - position in the room you can define yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Har-Bal Spatial Pan-b2f92130-4d32-49a5-add3-63c75a1e11cb.jpg  
Old 8th September 2021
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dll ➡️
New product from the maker of Har-Bal.

Very interesting concept. Certainly when producing itb or in general when without actual acoustics.

A VST/AU plugin to place individually on tracks, which then can be placed in the stereo field. Early reflections and other acoustic factors like high frequency fall-off are included.

Main point being - ambience effect will be different according to pan - and depth - position in the room you can define yourself.
Shame, no demo, it seems. Would really like to try this out.
Old 9th September 2021
Gear Nut

This reminds me of 2Caudio's Precendence. Very cool.
Old 9th September 2021
Gear Nut

Interested, really want a demo.
Old 9th September 2021
Gear Addict

I've been using DearVR Pro for quite a while now, and I think that a tool like this is very useful. There is also EAReverb2 by eaRecon which IIRC offers similar functionality.
Old 9th September 2021
Here for the gear

The graphic design is visibly changed from earlier Unfiltered Audio titles, and this reflects in the manual. The minimalist style kind of recalls The Designers Republic.

BYOME/TRIAD is one of my fave plugins EVER, so I'm glad to see their make their entry into this. Glad to see some "pick a random..." options carry over.

Some fresh approaches to things, like making it possible to tempo-sync the CD skipping.

However, I'm trying it — please note that is is very high-latency, and I'm currently wrestling with that. The latency is 43.2 ms and does not appear to reduce if I change modules and parameters, which is hard for me to play in realtime with. I hope they can improve this, because other lo-fi plugins are significantly less latent, like XLN Audio's 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 is 1.5 ms.
Old 9th September 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltontech ➡️
The graphic design is visibly changed from earlier Unfiltered Audio titles, and this reflects in the manual. The minimalist style kind of recalls The Designers Republic.

BYOME/TRIAD is one of my fave plugins EVER, so I'm glad to see their make their entry into this. Glad to see some "pick a random..." options carry over.

Some fresh approaches to things, like making it possible to tempo-sync the CD skipping.

However, I'm trying it — please note that is is very high-latency, and I'm currently wrestling with that. The latency is 43.2 ms and does not appear to reduce if I change modules and parameters, which is hard for me to play in realtime with. I hope they can improve this, because other lo-fi plugins are significantly less latent, like XLN Audio's RC-20 is 1.5 ms.
I think you've got the wrong thread buddy.
Old 9th September 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I don't see a demo either, unfortunately...
Old 9th September 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This is kind of nuts not having a demo or even audio examples to hear, that I could find at any rate.

The blurb sounds promising and the price isn't prohibitive. But it's a punt I'm not willing to take.

Thanks to this thread I demoed EAReverb2 and found it a natural sounding room simulator that has made a good impression. Even though I have a few good algo reverbs nothing has quite convinced me as much in this department.

This is what I've been missing I think.

Is there anything better out there?
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 6th Beatle ➡️
This is kind of nuts not having a demo or even audio examples to hear, that I could find at any rate.

The blurb sounds promising and the price isn't prohibitive. But it's a punt I'm not willing to take.

Thanks to this thread I demoed EAReverb2 and found it a natural sounding room simulator that has made a good impression. Even though I have a few good algo reverbs nothing has quite convinced me as much in this department.

This is what I've been missing I think.

Is there anything better out there?
There is Spat Revolution by Flux on the other side of the price range
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgos ➡️
There is Spat Revolution by Flux on the other side of the price range
I'm definitely afraid to try that!
Old 10th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_Lucas ➡️
This reminds me of 2Caudio's Precendence. Very cool.
Or Virtual Sound Stage - in concept.
VSS is more concert sound stage based tho

Kinda looks like an old school RPG but I like that.
Old 10th September 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Actually, I should be clearer.

VSS is based off of the mic in front or near to each instrument or section, with mic height, distance and angle.

This seems to be in a room, with the relative wall reflections, creating the sense of space.

I'd like to try this. I've already got ideas floating around in my head.
Old 10th September 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Precedence is pretty amazing also.

Just been trying with a stereo sample splitting it into left and right and then using an instance of precedence on each side like a virtual microphone positioning it for phase etc.

It does sound like moving the positions of microphones rather than some obvious ambience effect..it's very natural sounding.

Still hoping someone drops on this Harbal and let's us know how it sounds.
Old 10th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 6th Beatle ➡️
Precedence is pretty amazing also.

Just been trying with a stereo sample splitting it into left and right and then using an instance of precedence on each side like a virtual microphone positioning it for phase etc.

It does sound like moving the positions of microphones rather than some obvious ambience effect..it's very natural sounding.

Still hoping someone drops on this Harbal and let's us know how it sounds.
Yeah, there's also Proximity which is a similar distancing tool. I've never got that one to mimic space though. At least not in a dramatic way.

Splitting L and R is a great idea.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Awesome good effort
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…