Quantcast
Micro Digital Reverberator from Korneff Audio - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Micro Digital Reverberator from Korneff Audio
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Cool thanks. Guitar indie for me. There is a very cheap MV2 locally on gumtree, and am sorely tempted.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw63 ➡️
Cool thanks. Guitar indie for me. There is a very cheap MV2 locally on gumtree, and am sorely tempted.
Are you referring to a Midiverb 2 or a Microverb 2?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Exclamation

Good point! Microverb ii
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Good point! Microverb ii
I like version one more but it’s a tad more difficult to find. Version one is darker, grittier, and more full of character.

To my ears, the II is pretty similar to the other digital reverbs of that era. Unless you can get the II for $50 or less, I would put that money towards something else (a Zoom effects processor, or maybe a Quadraverb?).

The II isn’t bad though:

Last edited by Squeegee 303; 5 days ago at 12:14 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousbliss ➡️
Anyone compared this to the 1989verb plugin? I'll demo this one soon and do my own comparison maybe later today.
The Ugritone one? Yeah, that's solid as well. Heaver in the CPU (1% vs 0.2% for me) but it's fun to use too.

Here's a comparison of some distorted stereo guitar reverb (just the web signal) I just did, very quickly trying to match the 1989Verb to the Korneff. It's close enough but not the same and that's fine by me.
Attached Files

Stereo Gtrs Korneff.mp3 (813.9 KB, 34 views)

Stereo Gtrs 1989Verb.mp3 (813.9 KB, 33 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Good point! Microverb ii
Here’s a great comparison of the one versus the two:

https://youtu.be/sI0W2HnAYew
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Awesome thanks. It is indeed way cheaper than $50.
Gear Head

I have to admit, this is becoming my favorite reverb.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

This is a lot of fun
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
yeah it's a great plugin. So quick and simple and it sounds awesome. I'm regularly trialling it against other favourites (Relab LX480, Phoenix, Xenoverb) and it is winning a lot of the time. In particularly, the gated reverb sounds great.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Any issues with m1 silicon? I saw the pace Ilok requirement and was wondering if that is a show stopper.
Gear Maniac

93 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by crufty ➡️
Any issues with m1 silicon? I saw the pace Ilok requirement and was wondering if that is a show stopper.
Much as I dislike the PACE iLok system, MDR can use either a dongle, Cloud activation or machine based (using the PACE system is free, no dongle required). Watch for a Gearspace review of Micro Digital Reverberator very soon.
Gear Maniac

93 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
And I should say I love MDR!
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound-Guy ➡️
Much as I dislike the PACE iLok system, MDR can use either a dongle, Cloud activation or machine based (using the PACE system is free, no dongle required). Watch for a Gearspace review of Micro Digital Reverberator very soon.
And they give 4 activations per license bought
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm working on native M1 support, but the plugins work fine on my M1 mac mini test rig.
I would suggest trying the demo first to see how it behaves on your system. Post results here so everyone knows.
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks for the review!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

93 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
First review of the Micro Digital Reverberator is up in GS Reviews. If anyone in this thread who is already checking out MDR, and especially if you have a real MicroVerb or MIDIVerb you are comparing, please let me know (in a PM is fine) if you have any different observations from mine. I have some (very old) tapes made using my Alesis hardware, but don't have enough information on what settings (or even which box) were used to be really helpful. I find MDR truly fun and "vibey".
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Love it, bought it ! Really like my Korneff arsenal so far. Thanks for the veeeeeeery fair price guys !
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
First review of the Micro Digital Reverberator is up in GS Reviews. If anyone in this thread who is already checking out MDR, and especially if you have a real MicroVerb or MIDIVerb you are comparing, please let me know (in a PM is fine) if you have any different observations from mine. I have some (very old) tapes made using my Alesis hardware, but don't have enough information on what settings (or even which box) were used to be really helpful. I find MDR truly fun and "vibey".
I enjoyed your review. I definitely agree on how fun MDR is to use. It's almost addictive because it's so simple to get a great sound out of it.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➡️
The II isn’t bad though:
Indeed.
Both Bloom algos of the Midiverb II are killer for Ambient stuff.
Nice track from Legowelt making extensive use of those algos:

cheers Ralf
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rernst ➡️
Indeed.
Both Bloom algos of the Midiverb II are killer for Ambient stuff.
Nice track from Legowelt making extensive use of those algos:

cheers Ralf
People definitely love the MIDIverb II. I was actually referring to the Microverb II in my post.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff ➡️
I'm working on native M1 support, but the plugins work fine on my M1 mac mini test rig.
I would suggest trying the demo first to see how it behaves on your system. Post results here so everyone knows.
Will do! Thanks for the quick response!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
This is awesome. I do wish there was a dropdown menu for machine 2 tho.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…