Quantcast
TD-3 Analog Synth Books - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 Analog Synth Books
Old 2 weeks ago
TD-3 Analog Synth Books

TD-3 books are under review on Amazon, two cover/interior photos designs, classic silver and translucent blue... once passed for review i'll order physical copies and make a video showing them on youtube/here.

Book is 8.5 inches by 8.5 inches and has programming charts for the TB-3, pattern memory use, favourites, sounds/patch setting, chains used, song creation charts.

100 page book, color glossy cover, @ $6.99 I make about $2.00 the other $5 being print cost and profit for amazon themselves.
(which is fair as they have to make them and also do all the transactions/shipping etc)

You might find this book useful.. or not!
Made it for me really now that i have two TD-3's.
but hey.. if you want one.. will be available in a few days.

If there's any interest i'll probably do one for the TD-3 MO too.

Last edited by cresshead; 2 days ago at 01:22 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➑️
TD-3 books are under review on Amazon, two cover/interior photos designs, classic silver and translucent blue... once passed for review i'll order physical copies and make a video showing them on youtube/here.

Book is 8.5 inches by 8.5 inches and has programming charts for the TB-3, pattern memory use, favourites, sounds/patch setting, chains used, song creation charts.

You might find this book useful.. or not!
Made it for me really now that i have two TD-3's.
but hey.. if you want one.. will be available in a few days.

If there's any interest i'll probably do one for the TD-3 MO too.
You're going to have to release one for each color now.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioroid ➑️
You're going to have to release one for each color now.
i 'would' but i need to have my own photos to use in the print as behringer hold copyright of their promo photos (seen on behringers website - for use for shops really to promote their products) and excludes anyone using their photos.

So i own a silver and translucent blue td-3, so these pics are my own and as such i can use them of course!

I have some options if i were to make different color covers... editing in photo shop is not really going to cut it though.

I could BUY the whole range and take my own pic hahaha!

I might look at making the TD-3 in 3D (i'm a 3d designer)... we'll see i'm going to try that and see how good it looks.. transclucent models will be quite a bit of work though as i'll need to model the interior circuit boards and also all the interior mouldings... gonna be real pain!

... so yeh!
I guess it all depends on if people buy these or not.. it's a lot of work!
There are 11 colors for the TD-3
2 colors so far announced for the TD-3 MO
we'll see!

Last edited by cresshead; 2 weeks ago at 02:37 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
i 'would' but i need to have my own photos to use in the print as behringer hold copyright of their promo photos (seen on behringers website - for use for shops really to promote their products) and excludes anyone using their photos.

So i own a silver and translucent blue td-3, so these pics are my own and as such i can use them of course!

I have some options if i were to make different color covers... editing in photo shop is not really going to cut it though.

I could BUY the whole range and take my own pic hahaha!

I might look at making the TD-3 in 3D (i'm a 3d designer)... we'll see i'm going to try that and see how good it looks.. transclucent models will be quite a bit of work though as i'll need to model the interior circuit boards and also all the interior mouldings... gonna be real pain!

... so yeh!
I guess it all depends on if people buy these or not.. it's a lot of work!
There are 11 colors for the TD-3
2 colors so far announced for the TD-3 MO
we'll see!
Ive got a purple td3. Where are you located? I could send mine to you to take photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars ➑️
Ive got a purple td3. Where are you located? I could send mine to you to take photos.
let's see how that all goes ...
it could be a dead duck and no one wants the books!.. you don;t know until you make em and put them out there!

i just need fair pics.. taken by owners.. i just use my phone or tablet in the kitchen with natural light then cut them out in corel draw to remove any background.

so if we do go there and want to add extra versions/cover styles..
I just need some nice pics i can use with no copyright, no need to post your TD-3 over!
very kind offer btw
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars ➑️
Just take a good picture of yours and send it to Cresshead..simple…
Old 2 weeks ago
3 books are currently in the Amazon review stage.

Two books are about the TD-3 with alternate covers and interior photos for either a classic silver TD-3 or a Translucent TD-3 (Blue).

The third book is the the RD-6 Drum Machine, currently uploading the contents to amazon.

I hope to have printed copies in a week or so.
Then I can make Video showing them in the real world to YouTube.

Last edited by cresshead; 2 days ago at 01:31 PM..
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthered ➑️
What's the difference between the two TD 3 books?

Will you have a Kindle edition? I went digital with books 7 years ago.
difference between the two td-3 books are:
cover art:
one book is the classic silver
one book is the transparent blue

Interior black and white photos:
one book is the classic silver TD-3
one book is the transparent TD-3

Just to clarify:
These are not 'reading' books, they are doing books.
They have to be printed as you need to fill in/write in them with your patterns, songs and pattern status and fav chains on the TD-3 and RD-6.

so there would be little point having them on ebook really i think.

Maybe in future there will be info based books with example patterns, workflows and history, that type would work okay with an ebook.

well blow me .. someone's already bought a copy of the silver cover TD-3 book !!

I was waiting until all 3 were available then get copies ordered here to make a video to promote them..

someone couldn't wait!
enjoy it whom ever you are.. you are indeed FIRST !!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Let me know if you like these.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3 Analog Synth Books-71e734d2-48d6-4c04-9049-da0c6802b504.jpg   TD-3 Analog Synth Books-8cc5260e-5fb0-4b7e-9864-8d95d41014ff.jpg   TD-3 Analog Synth Books-ea695455-7f2c-45a9-8ea9-7e6aafb54f94.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu ➑️
Let me know if you like these.

nice photos

so books done so far are
silver td-3
translucent blue td-3

trancelucent green RD-6 book

if these sell well..
i'd be up for adding more cover options for those who'd like to pair a book with their particular td-3 without me having to buy every version out there!

Quote:
Do you need photos for the black one?
if you see the covers you get an idea of the angles i need to keep the books looking consistent with each other to a degree.

full pic (i can cut the background out) level but looking down a bit
angled pic.. no need to match perfect i can crop in if i need to.

try natural light rather than a flash ..(looks nicer)
light is coming in from kitchen window from the left.

examples

these are facebook uploads so they are CRUNCHED by facebook....

big as you can pic wise mine are 4000 x 3000 pixels taken on my el cheapo samsung A12 phone!

Quote:
I have a Fuji X100s and a tripod.

I normally shoot in jpeg but can shoot RAW if you prefer.
jpeg is fine, just use high quality setting and it'll be perfect.... i'm slumming it with a phone here!

and THANK YOU btw

Two out of the three books are live now...
Rd-6 book should be live in a day or so.

Just search on your particular amazon store (.com .co.uk. .de. etc) for books under:
TD-3 Analog Bass Synth User Pattern Sequence Charts + Patch Settings

Companion book for your TD-3 Bass-line synthesiser/sequencer (also useful for TB303, TB-03 and TT-303)
100 page book filled with charts to fill in for your TD-3 sequences you create. A perfect helping hand for TD-3 sequences you write, with easy to use pattern grids to fill in as you create your acid bass-lines for timing, notes, accents, slides etc.

Plus charts on pattern storage use on the TD-3 making sure you don't over write your favourite sequences.
In addition there's track charts to plan out your complete track as well as charts for favourite pattern chains you use.

in stock in: amazon.com amazon.ca amazon.co.u.k
European sites listed but not in stock yet. (.fr .de .it )

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
well blow me .. someone's already bought a copy of the silver cover TD-3 book !!
Heck, I just bought a copy as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDog ➑️
Heck, I just bought a copy as well!
Excellent, thank you!

Should help you organise your TD-3 projects
Old 1 week ago
If you live in a country that either doesn't have an amazon store or your amazon store (.br - Brazil for example) doesn't list the book there's the option of the global amazon store.

Last edited by cresshead; 2 days ago at 01:29 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Amazon just delivered!

Last edited by cresshead; 2 days ago at 01:27 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Showed up yesterday. Looking forward to filling in this activity book!

Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Quote:
can you add in a full pic of the TD-3 as i feature one on the cover
see pic above thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu ➑️
Showed up yesterday. Looking forward to filling in this activity book!

Excellent!
I was really happy on the quality when they arrived..Amazon did a great job printing them.
Quote:
I'll try to later this evening.
Excellent , thanks!

has whatever you used to upload crunched the pics down.. they appear to be just over 1000 pixels...

ideally 4000x3000 pixels is what i'm using for print.
Quote:
I'm going to want one of these books too.

So does Amazon print them on demand and then ship off?
Yeh looks like it takes a day from your order to your door, i'm guessing they see some demand then go and print 10 or 20 so they have stock .. of course i'm just guessing.. but you don't have to wait much at all.

people in uk, france, germany, usa and spain have all had there's shipped.
Quote:
I am sure I can do a better one tomorrow with some daylight.
just letting you know these pic are too small for print.. they need to be like 4000x3000 pixels ... i guess your camera has big pics but something is happening when you upload them as they are just 1024x 683 pixels.

maybe use a drop box or wee transfer
Quote:
It's the website. I'll use my cloud storage. They are 4896 x 3264.
cool, i thought your cam pick would be fine
Quote:
Let's see if this works.

yeh that's more like it!
if do some daylight pics like this and other that will be fantastic, no rush.. i've been batting questions fomr various td-3 facebook groups all evening!
Old 1 week ago
BTW, would love to hear feedback/reviews from people who buy the books, see if there's anything i can do to improve/update if required.
Quote:
I took some photos today with natural light but now that I see them on the computer screen I can see that I didn't dust it off properly!!

just press undo on the sun going down and try again!

re top down full image.. try n angle it so you see a bit of the front.. like on the cover

Trying twitter ... # tagging.... i have no idea!
Old 1 week ago
hi.
Just want to say huge thank you to everyone who's placed an order, the books have only been on sale for six days and they're doing really good.
Amazon should add the look inside feature in a week's time or there about's if you're waiting for that feature go live.

I'm currently thinking about some other possible books in a similar vein for other products.

cheers
Steve.
Old 1 week ago
Q. would you like the option of a Hardcover version as Amazon has just enabled that for me in it's beta rollout?

Old 6 days ago
Premium Hardback TD-3 book >> next week with a little luck.. new cover (different color TD-3)
Standard book shape ( amazon don't do square books in hardback yet)

Premium Hardback will cost more - so just a heads up on that.

Last edited by cresshead; 6 days ago at 03:51 PM..
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Book arriving tomorrow.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Book arriving tomorrow.
excellent news , thank you!
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Hardback version being processed - Yellow Acid TD-3 book

Similar interior but with a scratchpad chart on every main chart has been added due the the new shape of the book 6-9 inches being a bit taller to allow this... this means you get 128 sequence charts to write in comparison to the 64 charts on the soft-back version.

Also track pages are now 2 pages per track so more steps for tracks are listed.

Going to cost quite a bit more as it's hardback, down to added material costs i have no control over when going hardback.

If your after a budget book, get the soft-back TD-3 book. $7.49
hardback is going to be $17.99 - should go live Thursday with luck.

square book size comparison to the td-3

TD-3 Hard-Back book version now live on amazon.com site - Acid Yellow TD-3 cover art.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GQLDS4T...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

other amazon stores (co.uk , .de, .fr, .it etc) will be in stock in a day or so.

++++++++++++++++++ UPDATE +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
September 22nd 2021
btw ''look inside feature'' on Amazon went live this morning on the soft back books.

Last edited by cresshead; 2 hours ago at 10:56 PM..
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…