Quantcast
Taipei Studio Tape Recorder from London Acoustics - Official Acqua N4 plugin - Page 20 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Taipei Studio Tape Recorder from London Acoustics - Official Acqua N4 plugin
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #571
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics ➡️
Hi, thanks, unfortunately the N4 vu metering seems to be quite difficult for revealing fast material.
My personal advice is to hear what is going on.
I can't understand here what you mean for "I'm still not getting a response that looks right" but if what you're hearing is good, keep as is it (or search for the sweet spot, of course). In the update we chenged the VU metering a little to be as useful as possible. For now, ie. the output VU meter is to be ignored, sorry.

If you're hearing crackles, lower the PRE SAT and/or the incoming signal with a gain staging plugin.
Thanks… so far it sounds excellent and, after a quick look through the manual, I believe I understand the operation. Very versatile, yet quick once you know how to get around on it.

What I meant was, looking at your VU meter response compared to what I’m seeing on analog meters and the Klanghelm (which respond in a similar fashion to each other) the Taipei meters look like they’re hitting much harder… like the speed is set too fast or the calibration is off. I was just asking if there is a way to get a more accurate VU meter response by making a tweak in N4.

I think your answer is to just ignore the output meter, which is ok, I guess… but not an ideal answer. There are a lot of Nebula libraries who have fairly accurate metering, so I don’t understand the inherent limitation in N4.

I am properly gain-staging into the plug-in, and it’s easy enough to set the output by ear; but again, we have meters in audio for a reason. Inaccurate meters are oftentimes more of a problem than none altogether.

At any rate, I will introduce this into the workflow and see how it goes. It sounds excellent from my quick tests last night, but today I’m on the clock again. Clarity of purpose and all that.

Cheers
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #572
Company Rep
 
London Acoustics's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
Ok. The second link CS sent me to reset my password did work. The first didn't. Is this one in case anyone have same trouble: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/password/recover
Many thanks indeed for this link, it's helping a lot of people here and in FB!
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #573
Company Rep
 
London Acoustics's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
Thanks… so far it sounds excellent and, after a quick look through the manual, I believe I understand the operation. Very versatile, yet quick once you know how to get around on it.

What I meant was, looking at your VU meter response compared to what I’m seeing on analog meters and the Klanghelm (which respond in a similar fashion to each other) the Taipei meters look like they’re hitting much harder… like the speed is set too fast or the calibration is off. I was just asking if there is a way to get a more accurate VU meter response by making a tweak in N4.

I think your answer is to just ignore the output meter, which is ok, I guess… but not an ideal answer. There are a lot of Nebula libraries who have fairly accurate metering, so I don’t understand the inherent limitation in N4.

I am properly gain-staging into the plug-in, and it’s easy enough to set the output by ear; but again, we have meters in audio for a reason. Inaccurate meters are oftentimes more of a problem than none altogether.

At any rate, I will introduce this into the workflow and see how it goes. It sounds excellent from my quick tests last night, but today I’m on the clock again. Clarity of purpose and all that.

Cheers
For N4Taipei.XML try to change the GUIRATE to 6500 and see if this can be better for you. You can anyway try different rates and choose which one is better for your eyes.
Rember to make a backup of your original XML before!
Let me know
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #574
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics ➡️
For N4Taipei.XML try to change the GUIRATE to 6500 and see if this can be better for you. You can anyway try different rates and choose which one is better for your eyes.
Rember to make a backup of your original XML before!
Let me know
Thanks for the XML suggestion… that is what I originally requested.

The setting that is “better for my eyes” is one that better matches about a half dozen other VU meter plug-ins seeing the same signal. It’s not a case of me just being picky. Haha
Old 1 day ago
  #575
Gear Nut
 
808lab's Avatar
 
Wow,20 pages,finally people seems to open their eyes and considerate London Acoustics,believe me guys,they are the heaven for producers!
Old 1 day ago
  #576
Gear Maniac
 
I read somewhere that someone combined it with Verona. I did that (haven't touched it for a while) instant magic! Loving the Taipei more and more!
Old 14 hours ago
  #577
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
We need a soft bypass button on the GUI. Whenever I bypass the plug-in in Pro Tools, the Delay Compensation is not correct and it falls out of time. Very difficult to A/B on and off.

Loving the sound...
Old 13 hours ago | Show parent
  #578
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
We need a soft bypass button on the GUI. Whenever I bypass the plug-in in Pro Tools, the Delay Compensation is not correct and it falls out of time. Very difficult to A/B on and off.

Loving the sound...
Letimix gainmatch perfect solution for this and dirt cheap (means adding 2 extra plugins either side though)
Old 12 hours ago | Show parent
  #579
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats ➡️
Letimix gainmatch perfect solution for this and dirt cheap (means adding 2 extra plugins either side though)
Yes, I have it and am a big fan.

Still... 8^)
Old 11 hours ago | Show parent
  #580
Gear Head
 
When will the update be available? Can´t take the guys at Acustica that long, can it?
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
  #581
Company Rep
 
London Acoustics's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatan ➡️
When will the update be available? Can´t take the guys at Acustica that long, can it?
There was something ongoing, in the last days
Stay tuned.
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
  #582
Company Rep
 
London Acoustics's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
We need a soft bypass button on the GUI. Whenever I bypass the plug-in in Pro Tools, the Delay Compensation is not correct and it falls out of time. Very difficult to A/B on and off.

Loving the sound...
This is a god topic, we are working on a solution that really works and doesn't demands more CPU than currently does.
This will be a good matter for the 2.0 version... maybe when i9 and M1 processors are more spreaded all around (and compatible).

To be honest PT is maybe the only DAW that falls out time as you describe, then for now we deided to refer on the DAWs that features natively a good bypass/delay compensation.

Often the more reliable way, in this case, is to bounce the mix without TAIPEI and compare MUTE/UNMUTE with the mix with TAIPEI.
Or export your mix, and do the mixbuss pre-mastering in another editor in a second moment.
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
  #583
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics ➡️
This is a god topic, we are working on a solution that really works and doesn't demands more CPU than currently does.
This will be a good matter for the 2.0 version... maybe when i9 and M1 processors are more spreaded all around (and compatible).

To be honest PT is maybe the only DAW that falls out time as you describe, then for now we deided to refer on the DAWs that features natively a good bypass/delay compensation.

Often the more reliable way, in this case, is to bounce the mix without TAIPEI and compare MUTE/UNMUTE with the mix with TAIPEI.
Or export your mix, and do the mixbuss pre-mastering in another editor in a second moment.
That's not a practical solution in my case... I'm mixing a 15-song project currently; and I'm trying to process a number of individual tracks in each song for general, multitrack tone improvement. Anything that slows me down too much is not a solution. (Some of us need to work on the fast side because of both deadlines and budget constraints of clients.)

Ideally, we need to hear changes in context; so, yeah, Letimix GainMatch is a practical solution... but again, it's a more involved and slower workflow.

Good to know that you are aware of the issue and are considering a feature revision. Thx
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
  #584
Company Rep
 
London Acoustics's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
Anything that slows me down too much is not a solution.
Of course.

As we already showed for Osaka2, Tokyo2 and Enna&Telge2, we don't abandon our past projects. (also because, as already written, we are users too...)
And also we collect all the users requests/advices in order to improve the further versions.
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
  #585
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
The ZL versions, even the lite one cripple my 4.6Ghz 10 core i9. I haven't had this kind of CPU impact from anything else that I run... including teh Water plugins. Does that sound right to you folks? I can get one instance of Lite to run without pops but just one and I can't get the full version to work without pops.... again the ZL versions. The full latency versions behave but still have significant CPU impact. Is it possible my N4 player is poorly configured?
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump