Quantcast
Goodhertz releases Tupe and Version 3.6.1 - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Goodhertz releases Tupe and Version 3.6.1
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Such a good plugin; a cleaner tape model for mixbus work would be amazing!
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Goodhertz

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrusonic ➡️
i will open a tab for the remainder of the year at any Pasadena restaurant of Goodhertz choosing to cover lunch for the entire crew if you guys can make the entire suite available on AAX DSP. think about it… that’s a lot of Hat sandwiches.
Ha okay, tempting!

It's been awhile since we've reviewed AAX DSP options, but I have a feeling it'd be impossible to run Tupe on AAX DSP without some significant compromises because of the particulars of the algorithm. We'll check it out though to gauge the feasibility. I know we could run Midside Matrix at least! (which would actually be quite nice in DSP form)
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr ➡️
Ha okay, tempting!

It's been awhile since we've reviewed AAX DSP options, but I have a feeling it'd be impossible to run Tupe on AAX DSP without some significant compromises because of the particulars of the algorithm. We'll check it out though to gauge the feasibility. I know we could run Midside Matrix at least! (which would actually be quite nice in DSP form)
Midside Matrix would be AWESOME to have on DSP!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Late to this party. This is an excellent plugin, congrats Goodhertz - seriously interesting sound and great design. I'm going to enjoy the demo and then perhaps pick it up in a future sale as I rarely buy plugins and this is out of my budget currently. I look forward to exploring it more as this is a really deep plugin but still remains so fast and useable.

I can imagine making music/mixing into this one on the master.
Old 4 days ago
Goodhertz

🎧 10 years
Just a heads up: we just updated Tupe (and all the Goodhertz plugins) with some minor fixes & improvements, available here - https://goodhertz.com/downloads/
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr ➡️
Just a heads up: we just updated Tupe (and all the Goodhertz plugins) with some minor fixes & improvements, available here - https://goodhertz.com/downloads/
As a owner of Tupe and 5 other GH plugins, I was grateful if with this kind of messages, you would always include changelog, or a link to it.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_O ➡️
As a owner of Tupe and 5 other GH plugins, I was grateful if with this kind of messages, you would always include changelog, or a link to it.
Just click on the link and watch the website page it’s written on it. It takes 30secs to do so .

Added new CPU optimizations in Tupe, Vulf Compressor, Faraday Limiter, & Lohi
Improved signal to noise performance in Tiltshift
Improved initial plugin load times & fixed an issue that could cause a CPU overload dialog in Pro Tools
Changed Tupe Ladder Filter mouse shortcuts to avoid an existing Pro Tools shortcut
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Trying out the demo , and I get random cpu overload when adjusting the filter , cpu usage literally multiplies by factor 4-5 but only when set to a certain frequency + high resonance ...weird

Even when plugin is disabled , there is something off about the filter graphics that are causing these cpu spikes

Last edited by gentleclockdivid; 3 days ago at 03:01 PM..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_O ➡️
100%
Goodhertz

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid ➡️
Trying out the demo , and I get random cpu overload when adjusting the filter , cpu usage literally multiplies by factor 4-5 but only when set to a certain frequency + high resonance ...weird

Even when plugin is disabled , there is something off about the filter graphics that are causing these cpu spikes
Huh, that's pretty strange. Can you email support with a copy of the diagnostic info from the plugin? (just right-click anywhere, navigate to Goodhertz Tupe v3.6.2 > then click to copy). That would help us greatly in diagnosing.

One thing worth noting: the plugin DSP is not fully disabled when the Master On/Off is off. That's why you can still see the plugin metering. The Master On/Off is more meant for quick, clickless A/B comparison.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just did
Also copied both to text files , can't seem to notice any difference
The cpu increases exponentially when the filter has a high reso .
That being said , great sounding plugins ...!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Got a reply from the developer , the plugin automatically oversamples when the filter goes into self oscillation mode
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I will say I have to admit this is probably the best Algo tape outside of my nebula tapes. I'm really enjoying this plugin.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…