Quantcast
Harrison Introduces 32C Channel Plugin (AAX, AU, VST, VST3) - Page 35 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Harrison Introduces 32C Channel Plugin (AAX, AU, VST, VST3)
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWZ ➡️
Harrison 32c channel Vs Softube Overstayer M-A-S Extended vs Kush BLYSS

Which one sounds best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShCYk7okUUY
Nice piece of music. Sounds like a mix between Cocteau Twins and David Sylvian
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4t3 ➡️
It is a free country buddy, enjoy your tools and let others enjoy theirs.
If people actually enjoyed their tools (instead of using them for crusade) none of the nonsense in this thread would exist.

And no I am not saying negative comment or critics should be avoided.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Luckily for me I never go on YouTube to watch anything plugin related. Hardware related I do, but I can't demo hardware. I demo and judge from testing it out myself. I never care about technical aspects of anything I use just how good it sounds. I have never used plugin doctor because I don't really care about the ins and outs.

With that said I don't the plugin pretty good for a different sound when eqing. I think we need to stop going off of other users opinion of if something sounds good or doesn't and just try for our selves. If it cramps but sounds good who cares. I have stopped caring and started mixing and nobody has ever said that mix sounds great but what's with all that aliasing.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Gearspace and the winternet is for humans. Of course there's nonsense. But at the end of the day and each and every morning it's on us to participate in nonsense.

Sorry for getting off topic, therefor and for my ears: 32C is a superb plugin, Harrison did a great sounding job. Thanks a lot for that.

Last edited by putte; 1 day ago at 11:06 PM..
Old 23 hours ago
Gear Maniac

It’s probably been answered already.
Besides the bump on the filter section is there any difference between the plug-in and the channel strip in mix bus?
Old 21 hours ago
Lives for gear
Oxford EQ is now for sale for the same price and does a lot more and sounds cleaner. The Slick EQ bundle is 60 euros and does a lot more and sounds better.
Old 18 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tummond ➡️
It’s probably been answered already.
Besides the bump on the filter section is there any difference between the plug-in and the channel strip in mix bus?
No, it's the same as the channel strip in Mixbus 32C
Old 17 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Same price?
You have that wrong I think...
I got my 32c channel strip for a lot smaller price than the Sonnox eq is selling for.
I own the Sonnox EQ Dynamic version.

Pounamu
Old 17 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Mega Therion ➡️
Oxford EQ is now for sale for the same price and does a lot more and sounds cleaner. The Slick EQ bundle is 60 euros and does a lot more and sounds better.
I didn’t realize the Oxford eq was a full channel strip! I’d buy the Harrison strip even if I never used the eq... the filters and comp/leveler/limiter are still worth the cost of the plug.

Comparing apples and oranges aren’t we?!

-B
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Harrison must be very happy with the amount of emotion their plugin stirred up, and I bet it sells well, too. Congrats I say.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
Harrison must be very happy with the amount of emotion their plugin stirred up, and I bet it sells well, too. Congrats I say.
Win for the marketing team!

My friend used to run a cute animal blog, and he would sometimes put the wrong breed for the cute puppy and watch the comment section go off. He had a view quota he had to hit every month to get paid a certain amount.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop ➡️
My friend used to run a cute animal blog, and he would sometimes put the wrong breed for the cute puppy...
Now... THAT... brings an angry lot!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop ➡️
Win for the marketing team!

My friend used to run a cute animal blog, and he would sometimes put the wrong breed for the cute puppy and watch the comment section go off. He had a view quota he had to hit every month to get paid a certain amount.
lol classic
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barada ➡️
If people actually enjoyed their tools (instead of using them for crusade) none of the nonsense in this thread would exist.

And no I am not saying negative comment or critics should be avoided.
It is part of the audio engineering culture and not a bad thing, to obsess about the details, subjective details and objective ones.
check things and compare, as someone great once said there are worse things to obsess about.
it is a very subjective matter in the end.

let everyone talk, let everyone read them,let them make their choice,
if someone dislikes this and uploads a video it is fine,
if someone likes it and uploads a video to counter that, it is fine,
nothing wrong with this thread people, just be civil and enjoy.

another thing I noticed is that some people say it is all about making music and not the tools, BUT audio engineering is different from making music,
it is about the tools and their behavior and discussing it,
so it is also okay.

for me TDR stuff which have free versions are quality, I support them,I support TAL use their free stuff, buy their paid ones ... I support fullbucket stuff , valhalla, audiodamage, soundtoys etc...

to someone else, they might achieve their results with this strip, it is all fine,
both parties might enjoy same plugs also.

enjoy, tweak things, make music, produce them etc.
but participate in this discussion with healthy manners.
and as usual the answer is somewhere in the middle.

sorry for the rant.
Old 12 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
In the world of plugins and the saturated Market….

Oscar Wilde: The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
Old 10 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pounamu ➡️
Same price?
You have that wrong I think...
I got my 32c channel strip for a lot smaller price than the Sonnox eq is selling for.
I own the Sonnox EQ Dynamic version.

Pounamu
It’s on sale for 70 bucks at Audio Deluxe. The Slick EQ bundle is about the same price too.
Old 10 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barada ➡️
If people actually enjoyed their tools
I enjoy my tool greatly.
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceover Guy ➡️
I enjoy my tool greatly.
Sure thing buddy.
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I've had my eyes on the Sonnox for a long time.

Different workflow, which would likely give different results depending on what you're doing.

I doubt they'd be redundant, so still an option I'd not dismiss.
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdaugherty ➡️
I didn’t realize the Oxford eq was a full channel strip!
That is indeed something I'd love to see from Sonnox. Using the extant Dynamics plugin multi-button access approach, as follows:

- Sonnox EQ and Dynamics into a single channelstrip
- EQ could simply be another section of the current dynamics module with its own Access button
- add input/output gain and phase invert to the strip
- add ability to put EQ pre or post dynamics
- forego the EQ A/B options as well as the graphical EQ representation
- Drop the Gate module, leaving the Expander with its own “Gate” button for harder gating or none at all as the Expander is incredibly powerful on its own. Replace the Gate module with the aforementioned EQ module.
- keep the warmth control, it's excellent

And Harrison, if you do something similar with a version of Legacy Q in a strip with a fully tweakable compressor and gate, zero latency, and the Mixbus saturation algorithm, it would probably become the only thing I use, though I'd pull out the 32c strip for those times I want the 32c curves specifically.
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Just make sure you do a good demo of any Sonnox plugins because they charge an arm and a leg for transfers.
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Don’t know how come this thread is about Sonnox all off a sudden, but there is a reason people threw away their Sony Oxford Consoles, while the Harrison MPCs are still going strong.
Well, a part from support that is.
The Harrisons sound(ed) so much better than the Sonys!

I assume that there is at least a few more people on this thread that has worked with both?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…