Quantcast
Wavegrove releases Vastaus, a free high-end fixing smoother, and overdrive - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wavegrove releases Vastaus, a free high-end fixing smoother, and overdrive
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mac AU version (1.0.2) uses 100% CPU in Logic Pro at 96 kHz - Mac Pro Intel Xeon.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison ➡️
Mac AU version (1.0.2) uses 100% CPU in Logic Pro at 96 kHz - Mac Pro Intel Xeon.
I’ll do some hardcore debugging on Mac to see what’s causing this. Really interesting when compared to Windows.
Updated the Mac binary of v.1.0.2 to reduce CPU usage by a large factor.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae ➡️
Updated the Mac binary of v.1.0.2 to reduce CPU usage by a large factor.
Much better!

A quick test on the master buss:
• I was unable to level-match the input and output signals: the plug-in introduces negative gain. It would be valuable for the Output Gain control to provide positive gain.
• In addition to attenuating HF content, I am also hearing a rolloff in LF content.
• Lowering the Wet control significantly lowers the output volume, and does not mitigate the filtering. At 0% wet I would expect to hear the original input signal.
Gear Head

This is one of the better high frequency "smoother" plugins I've heard. It's very effective on vocals. I want to see more from this developer, so I guess I should sign up on the Patreon
Quote:
Much better!

A quick test on the master buss:
• I was unable to level-match the input and output signals: the plug-in introduces negative gain. It would be valuable for the Output Gain control to provide positive gain.
• In addition to attenuating HF content, I am also hearing a rolloff in LF content.
• Lowering the Wet control significantly lowers the output volume, and does not mitigate the filtering. At 0% wet I would expect to hear the original input signal.
Noted! I have a feeling that the Wet control works better on material that isn't quite as loud. There is a soft limiter after the Wet/Dry blend which is probably causing the volume drop on master material, I'll switch the blend to be after that in the next version, so this is mitigated.

The LF Content is removed at 20Hz as a DC cut. I'll check that the constants are correct, as it shouldn't affect material much higher than that. What sample rate were you using?

Also, I'm working on adding oversampling to the plugin to minimize aliasing.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae ➡️
Noted! I have a feeling that the Wet control works better on material that isn't quite as loud. There is a soft limiter after the Wet/Dry blend which is probably causing the volume drop on master material, I'll switch the blend to be after that in the next version, so this is mitigated.

The LF Content is removed at 20Hz as a DC cut. I'll check that the constants are correct, as it shouldn't affect material much higher than that. What sample rate were you using?

Also, I'm working on adding oversampling to the plugin to minimize aliasing.
The DC offset filter is removing both infrasonic and sub-bass content up to 50 Hz. I would suggest filtering at a much lower frequency: 1-5 Hz.

I am operating at 96 kHz.

Thank you for being open to suggestions, and making continuous improvements!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
The DC offset filter is removing both infrasonic and sub-bass content up to 50 Hz. I would suggest filtering at a much lower frequency: 1-5 Hz.

I am operating at 96 kHz.

Thank you for being open to suggestions, and making continuous improvements!
No problem, that's how we get to the best possible outcome! I wan't this plugin to be a no-brainer.

I'll change the filtering setup to a better one, as it now seems to extend much higher up than I meant it to on higher sample rates.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone ➡️
Big fan of Finnish hardware too... a lot of attention to detail, excellent sonics and very practical. I’m sure there’s some exceptions, but as a general rule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefcasemanx ➡️
lol why would the country something is from change the sound of a software program?
Because of this:
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefcasemanx ➡️
lol why would the country something is from change the sound of a software program?
The same way Germans are known for their cars, the Swiss for their watches, Finns for their software. Linus Torvalds, Amphion and Knif would be good examples for my bias.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I find this so much better then unharsh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone ➡️
The same way Germans are known for their cars, the Swiss for their watches, Finns for their software. Linus Torvalds, Amphion and Knif would be good examples for my bias.
And oeksound!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Falcon ➡️
Because of this:
Aaa yes.. behind the scenes coding crew on a coffee break. Appreciate the picture!
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahh ➡️
Aaa yes.. behind the scenes coding crew on a coffee break. Appreciate the picture!
Wow! Never thought I'd see Moomintrolls on GS!
Version 1.0.3 "Moo-mini" released!

Added oversampling to reduce aliasing, while I managed to drop CPU usage on Mac, on Windows it rose to similar numbers. Modified Tame a bit to be even smoother, while not reducing the extreme highs so much. Overall betterments to for example the low end.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/53942572

If you can, throw a few bucks at the Patreon! Don't have to make it reoccurring if you don't want to.

EDIT:: Added links to Google Drive downloads, so people don't have to log in

Last edited by Mordae; 3 days ago at 01:40 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsmusic ➡️
Wow! Never thought I'd see Moomintrolls on GS!
But there’s plenty of other trolls
Nice with a change of scenery.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Subscribed to your Patreon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➡️
Subscribed to your Patreon.
Thank you very much!

Working on an update to the tame smoothing algorithm. Noticed that when used on a bass guitar, the top end wasn't working that well.
Old 1 day ago
Making good progress with version 1.0.4 "Germanium".

The distortion is smoother and more pillowy, and brought to mind the difference between silicon and germanium transistors, hence the name.

This revamps the algorithms a bit, adds properly compensated oversampling, and the possibility to set the factor. A delta button is also added for easier level matching and to see what is being taken out of the signal.

TBH, I might even make the version 1.1.0 due to the amount of revamping, but we'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Wavegrove releases Vastaus, a free high-end fixing smoother, and overdrive-1.0.4.jpg  
Old 21 hours ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Cant download the MAC Installer via either Firefox or Safari.... The 'Download anyway' from Google Drive doesnt do anything .. Any hints?
Old 41 minutes ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician ➡️
Cant download the MAC Installer via either Firefox or Safari.... The 'Download anyway' from Google Drive doesnt do anything .. Any hints?
Sounds like your browser is blocking third-party sites from starting a download. Google has a weird kink where the download is started from a redirection page. Getting the download link to open in a new tab usually works.
Old 39 minutes ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Version 1.0.3 shows a really high CPU usage on Reaper Win10 64bit.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…