Quantcast
IK Multimedia announces AmpliTube X-GEAR digital effects pedals - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia announces AmpliTube X-GEAR digital effects pedals
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavesurfer ➡️
Hi Peter

Can they manage line level signals too? (synth outputs)

thanks

Pietro
Yes you can use these with synths too!
Old 1 week ago
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Also, for those who have not noticed, all of the pedals do not share the same housing nor the same controls so any other type of application (multi effects, an amp sim, both, etc) would be a completely different product than of course. In case that wasn't clear.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK ➡️
Or a company that's been in the industry fro 25 years does its market research and finds that guitarists were looking for this type of pedal. So do you **** on others who make pedals that might be similar to the AmpliTube X-GEAR line? Ah, right, thought not.

Edit - but of course if there is something else that IK did that is causing such a negative reaction to something that might not be to your liking please do PM me and I'm happy to discuss and help work it out. Thank you.
One thing I have noticed with your behavior in this forum Peter, is that you are consistently overly defensive against criticism of IK's products and never seem to be able to translate the criticisms into real world products or updates. In regard to these new pedals, it baffles me that your market research didn't uncover that users want a multi-fx pedal that can simply load amplitube signal chains. That's actually what I assumed these were when I saw the title. Did you guys look at the responses in the fairly recent UAD fx pedal releases? People hammered on UAD for not fully realizing the idea behind them and allowing users to run UAD plugins on them, so your idea that other manufacturers aren't getting criticisms in that regard is unfounded. There is whole in the market for this sort of thing and I think you the chance to fill it. I was actually really excited to be able to load up some of the fender emulations in amplitube that I use all the time.

I was also quite disappointed with your reply to my comments on ARC 3 recently. You guys claim to have some of the best developers in house but who cares when you can't implement features requested by your customers. Your reply seemed to completely miss the point of my complaints and made me feel like you guys are working within a sort of bubble where you can do no wrong. Did your market research on that product tell your team to make a product that is inferior to it's competitors? Because that's what you have with ARC at the moment.

I've honestly been trying out some replacements for the IK products I use and haven't had trouble finding better options. Dirac replaced ARC and Archtype Corey Wong has replaced amplitube for my needs.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes you can use these with synths too!
Thanks

Pietro
Old 1 week ago
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Everything in time. There was plenty of research for these and the rest of the future IK line (at least for the next year or two-ish plus some more far-reaching plans overall). Not every product can be for everyone but we'll get there (semi-joking with that last "we'll get there" part because of course not everybody will buy everything or every business would be instantly successful!).
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Peter,

If I'm reading the description correctly, you'll be able to have delay/reverb tails with these pedals (and I'm assuming the virtual versions as well) will that ability be coming to amplitude 5 as well? i.e. having delay continue after turning a pedal off?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Dear Peter,
do you know how many milliseconds the total processing latency is?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sorry I should also point out that you'll be able to try these inside AmpliTube 5 in the near future too, if you can't try them in a store near you when they have them in stock.
thanks peter. i think it should be fine to test in berlin at some point. and as the price doesn’t increase there‘s no rush.
Old 1 week ago
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
I don't see this posted yet:

Link if you don't like the weird square aspect ratio that's forced here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLGIWpBj15Y

Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
MIDI and presets while maintaining good physical controls. It appears someone has been listening to users.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Link if you don't like the weird square aspect ratio that's forced here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLGIWpBj15Y

Thanks for posting this Peter...just watched it. These are wonderful-looking and sounding boxes. Great price for what you are getting - nice surprise!
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoff ➡️
MIDI and presets while maintaining good physical controls. It appears someone has been listening to users.
Thanks! Once we all get out of this component shortage we may just surprise you a few more times...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Peter, is the X-Vibe modulation algorithm already in Amplitude 5 or is it new as well like the reverb and delay? These pedals are amazing!

EDIT: Does the hardware pedal need to be connected to my computer in order for me to use the Virtual version of it?

Last edited by Sounddesigner; 1 week ago at 03:27 AM..
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone ➡️
It's the right response given you are criticising the person not the product.
Also, you are making a time-based observation ie. a behaviour over your time on the forum, and I'm noting that you haven't been here long so your opinion is limited by that.
I don't get it. Josh voiced and expounded on his complaint in a controlled manner, and Peter even replied in a perfectly reasonable manner. What's the issue?

I think these pedals are a move in the right direction too, although I'd also like to see it move eventually towards some kind of portable or rack gear that allows Amplitube to be taken out of the box. Then I can take it back into the box... my Linux box, that is, mwa hah.

As they stand, the verb and delay in particular appear to be decent offerings to compete with other popular digital delays and verbs on the market. Good stuff!
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:

would be great if you could also post some synth-demos. all examples on the website only seem to rely on guitars so far…
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antilles_Fel ➡️
Peter,

If I'm reading the description correctly, you'll be able to have delay/reverb tails with these pedals (and I'm assuming the virtual versions as well) will that ability be coming to amplitude 5 as well? i.e. having delay continue after turning a pedal off?
I asked our developers to be sure and they replied:
Quote:
On the software version, the tail will remain when the pedal is bypassed.

Note: The tail will be kept bypassing the pedal, BUT it will be cut when changing presets.
Lives for gear

They're definitely intriguing. I think an all in one would also be a winner. In fact an all-in-one Amplitube hardware unit would be amazing and I think give the other hardware players a serious run for their money. I'd pay $1200-1500 for something like that. I just don't trust an iPad for that live.
At any rate I'm looking forward to trying out the delay pedal. I have the delay and modulation zoom pedal that sounds okay, but is a monstrous pain to use live if you need to use more than 1 or 2 effects and switch around. I'm a lot less picky with my specific delay and drive tones live than I am in the studio. I like to set and forget my live rig and focus on the performance so 16 drives in one pedal seems like a bit much for me, but I can see where others would enjoy being able to flip through multiples.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I want their Rockman x100 emu in a pédal...!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. ➡️
… an all-in-one Amplitube hardware unit would be amazing. …
Isn’t that pretty much what the original Fender Mustang Floor/I/II/III, etc were? Didn’t IK do the amp/fx emulations on those? Even if so, I’m not sure what the deal is with the newer GT/GTX amps. I noticed that the spring reverb on the GTX is garbage compared to my old Mustang III v2, so things may have changed since then.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi Peter!
I´m on the lookout for a leslie/ rotary fx-pedal for my organ. Can you tell how the rotarysim in the X-Vibe is, compared to IK´s other leslie/ rotary softwares? The leslie in the IK B3-X is known to be superb, will X-Vibe come close?
Any chanse of a dedicated X-GEAR leslie pedal?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc ➡️
Isn’t that pretty much what the original Fender Mustang Floor/I/II/III, etc were? Didn’t IK do the amp/fx emulations on those? Even if so, I’m not sure what the deal is with the newer GT/GTX amps. I noticed that the spring reverb on the GTX is garbage compared to my old Mustang III v2, so things may have changed since then.
oh cool! I didn't realize that. I had checked out the Fender Mustang Floor and was surprised by the quality, I quite liked it and almost bought one. I ended up with the Atomic Amplifire pedal though. I was mainly after the amp tones as I use other pedals before and after it and thought the tube emulations were the best I had heard. I might go back and check out the Mustangs again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Kudos for having the cable connections along the top/back. Something all pedal manufacturers should do.
Old 1 week ago
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Here is a demo of the four AmpliTube X-GEAR guitar pedals combined:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2XSSsPTJi4

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I would love the SPACE to compare to my BIG SKY, CXM 1978 and UA Golden.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. ➡️
oh cool! I didn't realize that. I had checked out the Fender Mustang Floor and was surprised by the quality, I quite liked it and almost bought one. ... I might go back and check out the Mustangs again.
i'm not sure of the specifics, but i remember trying Amplitube after owning the Mustang and it felt/sounded very familiar to me. again, i'm not sure if those same models are in the current Mustang amps or not. i think they were mentioned in the documentation for the earlier amps, but i don't think i see anything about them now. (maybe Peter could clarify?) i have a GTX now, but sold the MIIIv2 years ago. haven't used IK/Amplitube in almost as long, ended up going with S-Gear.

regarding the Mustang 'Floor' - unfortunately that was never updated to the v2 spec and is missing a lot of nice things that they added later on. with the amp line, an easy way to tell the difference between a v1 and v2 is the black outer covering. the early ones used that ugly "carbon" material, while the v2 used a more traditional looking black tolex.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…