Quantcast
N492ME V6 : Mastering Equalizer by Analog Obsession - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
N492ME V6 : Mastering Equalizer by Analog Obsession
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Analog Obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster ➡️
Bit of hiccups here, too. When inserted there was sound coming only from the left speaker, and after hitting the M/S switch, sound disappeared completely. Win 10 and Reaper here.
Hi,

It should be fixed with version 6.1.

Thanks!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession ➡️
Hi all!

Version 6.1 ready to download!

VERSION 6.1 - 16.7.2021

- Improved GUI on Retina
- Fixed right channel mute
Nice this fixed the lag on my end quite a bit. It's not perfectly smooth yet (turning knobs is still slightly delayed), but much better than before.

If you could improve it even more that would be amazing but if not then that's fine. I can work with this.
Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Love the simple, readable GUI. Well done.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by analag ➡️
Very nice, scratchy pot is simulated as well.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchy Pots ➡️
Don't worry, it'll never replace you.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

- Low Mid Band : 600Hz to 1000Hz
What about lower range?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets ➡️
What was wrong with the last version? v5 already sounds great to me.
I actually was wrong when I thought I had an issue with the parameter linking in the previous version. Sometimes when I'd instantiate the plugin and turn a knob, I'd notice that the lower knobs were not moving in sync. But when the new version came out, I decided to test the old one properly and see if the plugin was actually affecting the L/R audio channels differently or if it was simply a GUI bug. Weirdly, whenever I would load a test oscillator plugin or play actual sound through the plugin, the lower knob would sync up as soon as I opened the GUI. It felt a little like a quantum mechanics experiment. And if I moved one of the top knobs (and the bottom knob didn't move), and then I closed the plugin, and then played sound, I got the EQ applied to both audio channels.

So basically, yeah, I think the last version has nothing wrong with it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Tunca, would it be possible to modify the low-mid band so that it goes from 60Hz to 1000Hz? That would make it a lot more useful. As it stands now, there is no possibility of equalizing the 500Hz area at all.. which is a bit sad.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah... I don't know if this eq follows a historical hardware unit (forgive my ignorance), but even if it does, overlapping frequencies surely would have been desirable historically... and surely should be something our digital world could address?

Again... I don't know the original unit... forgive me if support for the suggestion is offensive.

Yer a machine, Tunca. Your passion is strongly felt. Hope you take enough time to relax and decompress.
Old 1 week ago
Analog Obsession

Hello!

Just released version 6.2!

Extended Low Mid Frequency range!

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This has got to be one of the best sounding "broad strokes" EQ plugin out there. It's absolutely superb in how nicely it behaves on pretty much any material. With the latest update to the low-mid band range, it also becomes much more flexible! Now you can easily do the Pultec bass/low-mid cut trick and get superb results.

This is definitely a "secret weapon" sort of thing. If any of you people reading this haven't tried this plugin yet, you are missing out!

There is a bit of strange gain + frequency buggy anomaly at 3.8 to 4.5kHz when using small gains of around 0.5 to 1dB. At certain very specific points of gain/frequency interaction, the high-mid band becomes "fully wide" instead of having the EQ curve it should have. This is a minor nitpick and can be avoided though.. but just thought I'd mention the bug.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Can only echo bmaniacs post - this eq is seriously good. Just used it on a recent mix, just nudging things in mid side mode and man, what an excellent sound. Super flexible and can see this living on my busses.

This is and G395A are super plugins. Keep up these lesser emulated pieces
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
What about a STA-Level, Tunca? Here's one with a modded (faster) release to inspire you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQM...b_channel=MaxB
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

This eq is nothing but a sensation! After I first inserted it on a track I use it on nearly all the tracks, fantastic Tunca!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

I would like to see an AO EQ with a layout like the Massive Passive or the Chandler Curve Bender. I find this layout very comfortable to work with in mastering scenarios.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I used to own a pair of these... I’ll be interested to see how they sound
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…