Quantcast
Introducing the newest addition to the DUY Dad family, meet Vinyl - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing the newest addition to the DUY Dad family, meet Vinyl
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➡️
For $9, I’ll takes me chances. Purchased.
$9? it's $39.

AH.

CODE vinyl80

Last edited by Mi6ix; 1 week ago at 10:50 AM.. Reason: checked myself
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This company deserves its reputation.

- c
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I wouldn’t take free plugins from DUY. They’re literally the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. It’s hard to believe that they’re at it again.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Seems odd there’s no Windows support. For software as simple as a DSP plugin, it’s really not that challenging to compile for multiple OS’s (unless there’s some esoteric platform-specific dependencies, which there doesn’t need to be)
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany ➡️
Before you question my morals or intellect maybe you should get to know me.

What I see in the link that you sent is 3 ppl who had bad experiences and I am sure that there are many more, I am definitely not refuting any of it. But, if you read the thread entirely you will see that there is a member who posted this
"DUY
c/o SPREAD DISTRIBUTION
Jose Millan Gonzalez, 11, local 19
08024 - Barcelona
(Spain)

Phone numbers:

U.S.A.: (310) 9281-DUY
USA from abroad: (+1) 310.928.1389

U.K.: (0141) 416-1455
U.K. from abroad: (+44) 14 14 16 14 55

DUY Studios & Music Publishing

Main address:

DUY
Plaza Lesseps, 33, bajos
08023 - Barcelona
(Spain)

Phone number:

(+34) 93.217.45.10
Please DO NOT contact this number for Plug-in related issues, since they have
no information regarding this Department of the company. Use the numbers at
the top of this page for Plug-in related issues.

Duy C/O Spread Distribution and the last paragraph that clearly states that if you have plugin issues to contact Spread. Duy was under contract with a distribution company, they could not handle support etc because of legal issues. Anyways, Duy took back control and I have been in charge of customer support/sales/licensing etc since November 2017 so there is no way that ppl have not received support or service since then.

Anyways the beauty of a free country is that you can say and do anything within boundries of law. The beauty of a free market is that if you don't like a product or a supplier of that product then you can easily find another.

Since I don't spend my days trolling on forums do not hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected],com for any Duy related issues.
Thanks for the explanation!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
More like DUY GranDad family.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
DUY.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Thanks for the explanation!
You are most welcome.
Old 23 hours ago | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany ➡️
You are most welcome.
Stephany I have found a problem within Nuendo 11. Not sure if it is the same in other sequencers. First of all for some reason Nuendo blacklisted this saying it may cause instability issues , very very rarely is anything I have blacklisted. I have not noticed any instability issues going further...

The bypass does not correctly work as a soft bypass but needs to use a modifier key to turn vinyl off.

The main problem and the reason I post is that I am getting a strange flange type digital build up sound at the beginning of a track for a split second. If I disable vinyl it is no longer there. I noticed this also on my laptop and have just transferred to my Mini. The context I am using vinyl is for putting a compilation album together.

Therefore these are separate tracks laid out linearly with vinyl on them. The delay latency of your plugin in is around 10.5 ms and I think there is a problem involving the reporting or something. When the track breaks and goes to the next track the same sort of digital speed up flange sound occurs at the beginning.

Vinyl is first in the insert slot EDIT if I move to an insert slot after another plugin then vinyl behaves as expected.

So in the context I am using this, it is unusable at the moment.Hopefully a fix can be made.

Mac mojave Nuendo 11
Old 17 hours ago | Show parent
DUY.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Stephany I have found a problem within Nuendo 11. Not sure if it is the same in other sequencers. First of all for some reason Nuendo blacklisted this saying it may cause instability issues , very very rarely is anything I have blacklisted. I have not noticed any instability issues going further...

The bypass does not correctly work as a soft bypass but needs to use a modifier key to turn vinyl off.

The main problem and the reason I post is that I am getting a strange flange type digital build up sound at the beginning of a track for a split second. If I disable vinyl it is no longer there. I noticed this also on my laptop and have just transferred to my Mini. The context I am using vinyl is for putting a compilation album together.

Therefore these are separate tracks laid out linearly with vinyl on them. The delay latency of your plugin in is around 10.5 ms and I think there is a problem involving the reporting or something. When the track breaks and goes to the next track the same sort of digital speed up flange sound occurs at the beginning.

Vinyl is first in the insert slot EDIT if I move to an insert slot after another plugin then vinyl behaves as expected.

So in the context I am using this, it is unusable at the moment.Hopefully a fix can be made.

Mac mojave Nuendo 11
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I will forward this to the engineers immediately. They may require some additional information, if so I will send you an email.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…