Quantcast
Audiority The British Tanks Collection - Vintage Distortion Pedal Plugins - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audiority The British Tanks Collection - Vintage Distortion Pedal Plugins - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Audiority The British Tanks Collection - Vintage Distortion Pedal Plugins - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX

We are happy to announce to you our newest release: The British Tanks Collection

The British Tanks Collection includes analog simulation of four classic vintage distortion and overdrive pedals made in UK between the late 80s and the early 90s.

Bundle Price: €44/$44

These pedals are also available as individual plugins for a regular price of €20/$20 (currently in promo 25% off, until August 9th 2021).

Pedal included are
#1 . The Overseer: modeled on the Marshall Guv'nor

#2 . The Bluesman: modeled on the Marshall Bluesbreaker

#3 . The Driver: modeled on the Marshall Drivemaster

#4 . The Shredder: modeled on the Marshall Shredmaster

More info: https://www.audiority.com/shop/the-b...ks-collection/

Cheers,
Luca
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I can't compare these to the original hardware but regardless, they sound brilliant. They each have their own character and they're lots of fun
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm always impressed by Audiority when exploring extreme settings. One of the very best ITB dirt or color plugin developer for me.

Full support.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Noooo wayyyy, a MkI Bluesbreaker??? Damn, mine is in storage on another continent. My "sound" is my American Tele > MkI Bluesbreaker > Fender Blues Jr.

I can't test this today, BUT I might just buy it anyway - at that price, there isn't much to lose. The vid is pretty convincing. That crunchy twangy tone that takes the Tele so well... seems to be there.

Thank you guys for doing this pedal, means a lot to me! :D
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
These were hard to find, but it was totally worth the wait :D
Attached Thumbnails
Audiority The British Tanks Collection - Vintage Distortion Pedal Plugins - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX-hardware-marshall-tanks.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority ➡️
These were hard to find, but it was totally worth the wait :D
Sweet collection! If you need anyone to verify the accuracy of your modelling, you can have my shipping address

Seriously, thanks for bringing these nearly-lost classics into the box! Something sounded off in the more popular MkII's to me, never looked into it though.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
How were these supposed to be used originally? People would put them before a very clean amp so that the colour of the amp they are emulating would come through?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Model an Arion Sch-1 please!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgos ➡️
How were these supposed to be used originally? People would put them before a very clean amp so that the colour of the amp they are emulating would come through?
Dunno, but so far, I've put them before an Engl ampsim on the clean channel with just a hint of gain so most of the distortion comes from the pedals and not really the amp.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Only speaking or myself (of course) and experience with my ol' backup rig. I generally prefer to lean on guitar/amp for overall tone, set just on the edge of breaking up, and kick a pedal like one of these in for temporary boost or tonal/timbre changes, i.e. for a hook or solo... they also do work really well in the studio in a set & forget, Tubescreamer-ish kind of role, where tonal sculpting before tracking is really enhanced by the EQ stages.

Since we are ITB now, heck, why not try it on some synths, vocals, Fx returns..? I'm buzzed about these ones in particular due to a personal familiarity, which I definitely hear in the demos

Will make some purchases this weekend!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
If only they could accurately model the Rockman Distortion/Overdrive....
Gear Head

Quote:
People have tried all approaches.

In my opinion most of the times people are more happy when when they push a channel on breakup (or even already distorted). Lots of classic sounds are done like this.

There are certainly exceptions, as in everything. Try both.

Might be biased here... do not even own a clean amp. To get clean-ish, I roll off the guitar volume. E.g., gtr volume on even 1-2-3, a fuzz face on pure filth (max both knobs) into a marshall without master volume is "my clean". Lots of harmonics, as you can imagine, but it is still clean-ish (unless you also max out the marshall)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I'm getting some Black Betty vibes from the Driver demonstration! Wham a lam!
Gear Nut

Quote:
I got an original Shred Master in the 90's, which I traded in for an original Guv'nor a few years later (before anyone wanted them).

I used them completely differently: the Shred Master I used like a distortion pedal, high gain and low level to match the bypassed level, but the Guv'nor I use more like a boost pedal, with cranked mids, high level and low gain. The Guv'nor is still my main overdrive, I leave it on and control gain with the guitar volume.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I love these more than I thought I would, I thought I was done for pedals (especially virtual ones) but, sigh, out comes the wallet once again.

Love the BluesBreaker on solo's, had always thought the Guv'nor and Drivemaster where the same pedal with different coats, at least that's what we thought when they came out, but they really have a sound of their own...great on rhythm guitars. Haven't got around to the the Shreadmaster yet as high gain isn't really my thing but I'm sure it's as nice as these others.

Thanks Audiority for bringing these old classics into the virtual world for a price that my wife won't murder me for buying!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Thank you all, guys! I'm glad you are loving them. I had great fun working with these pedals and they also make wonderful entries in my pedals collection :D

Cheers,
Luca
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…