Quantcast
Blackbird Studio and KIT Plugins Team Up To Release The BB N105 Plugin - Page 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Blackbird Studio and KIT Plugins Team Up To Release The BB N105 Plugin
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Earlier I Demo'd the BB eq ... glad that the Demo is being reset .... AND, the 14 day time is more reasonable.

A feature request, if I may ...

It would be useful to have a re-scale option [button] to change the Gain range to 1/2 the full range [for example].

As I recall, the gain changes were quite coarse.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I tried out this plugin as well under Windows as a VST. I must say I didn't experience most of the problems everyone is discussing over here. Maybe I was just lucky so far, or they just don't occur on every system.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Glad to hear you're on this Matthew. I tried the plugin in Nuendo and it's almost unusable. Horrible cpu usage and other issues.. Really weird issues with the low pass filter also. I did like the sound of the Hi Shelf but at the moment that's all I could get out of it since I wasn't able to continue using it on a mix. If you get all the problems sorted you could have a very cool ch strip. Will keep my eyes your the progress.

Last edited by kellyd; 2 weeks ago at 05:20 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I tried this and it was a hard pass for me. The graphics are very pixelated. Can't even read the numbers. The saturation goes into full resonance and ugly distortion quick. Didn't like this plugin at all for what I could use so far. Eq I can't fully tell if that's the highlight of this because I can't read anything and it was very buggy
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIT Plugins ➡️
Hi Everyone,

Matthew again,

I wanted to share an update with you.

We are currently working on an update for the BB N105 that will include bug fixes as well as a bunch of new features including a resizable GUI and Auto Gain for the Mic Pre, among other additions. In this update we will also be addressing the CPU usage problem that certain systems have been experiencing. We hope to have more information on this soon and we promise it will not take many months.

The new version will also co-exist with the current one, so anyone who wants to keep the current version can. We will also be reopening the free trials so everyone can try the new version when it is released.

We are not sure why, but our plugin does not work properly or consistently with Plugin Doctor. For some it will not load. For others it loads and shows very different results than are found when using it in a DAW. We are looking into this to find out more.

If you have not tried the plugin yet and want to, we urge you to use the 14-day free trial and hear it for yourself. This is a perfect way to test it out and there is no obligation to buy. If you have any problems or don’t like it, let us know. You can always try it again after the update is released.

Matthew
Thanks for showing up in this horrible thread and giving (hopefully) some piece of mind to many frustrated users.

I’m one of the happy customers with zero issues and great performance accords the board.

I’m super happy to see you are adding auto gain option. This should be a default In all plugins. Also resizable GUI is super nice. Hopefully most problems will be solved in the next update.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Downloaded and installed been using all day no horror stories to report I love the sound of this thing!!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins ➡️
Earlier I Demo'd the BB eq ... glad that the Demo is being reset .... AND, the 14 day time is more reasonable.

A feature request, if I may ...

It would be useful to have a re-scale option [button] to change the Gain range to 1/2 the full range [for example].

As I recall, the gain changes were quite coarse.
Agreed, I still feel that having a control + click function and turn it into fully variable would be great.
But I will gladly take a half value option. I'm often between not enough and too much.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Lawd Jezus I love this plugin!!!!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Cubase Pro 11.0.30

Awhile back I said I would wait till some of the issues got resolved before demoing the plugin. Today I loaded the demo to see how it worked on my system. I wish I had waited a little longer.

Very slow to respond. With the PreAmp mode set to Mic, it has a mind of its own about volume, which keeps changing on its own. Line mode seems fine in this regard, though. Moving the slider up and down requires patience for the sound to catch up to the graphic. The GUI itself seemed well behaved, though. I experienced none of the garbled graphic issues others have described.

The CPU hit is not massive, but it would be nice if it were more efficient. But not a show-stopper.

Still, it does sound good. But I'm not prepared to let go of a hundred dollars for it as is.

I want to like it as I enjoy the sound. But the usability is simply not satisfactory, yet... at least here. Once more updates are made, I will give it another try if allowed.

I want to like it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I just tested the demo. Putting it on the mix, it sounded full and punchy. Low end boosts sounded natural. I tried a 15K boost and it sounded metallic and like it wasn't quite at 15K, seemed lower. Kinda killed the vibe for me. once I tried the high boost, it began hissing badly. From there, no matter what I did, it persisted, even with all the analog stuff turned off
KIT Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre ➡️
Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Cubase Pro 11.0.30

Awhile back I said I would wait till some of the issues got resolved before demoing the plugin. Today I loaded the demo to see how it worked on my system. I wish I had waited a little longer.

Very slow to respond. With the PreAmp mode set to Mic, it has a mind of its own about volume, which keeps changing on its own. Line mode seems fine in this regard, though. Moving the slider up and down requires patience for the sound to catch up to the graphic. The GUI itself seemed well behaved, though. I experienced none of the garbled graphic issues others have described.

The CPU hit is not massive, but it would be nice if it were more efficient. But not a show-stopper.

Still, it does sound good. But I'm not prepared to let go of a hundred dollars for it as is.

I want to like it as I enjoy the sound. But the usability is simply not satisfactory, yet... at least here. Once more updates are made, I will give it another try if allowed.

I want to like it.
Sorry you had these problems.
We are working on fixing all of the reported issues.
When the next update is ready, all of the trials will be reset and Hopefully you will be able to enjoy our plugin as it is intended.

KIT
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ok, so people get upset if someone tries to prove a bug with Plugin Doctor.
Here is an audio file, after all that's only what matters.

First 2 bars dry, second 2 bars BBN105 on, with all EQ bands engaged with only 1.2db boost. (see screen for settings)
If you don't hear that 7k lowpass, fair enough.

Win10
Reaper x64
44.1Khz <-- Devs, this is important!!

Though i have already sent them a deteailed report on day 1, have not received any reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackbird Studio and KIT Plugins Team Up To Release The BB N105 Plugin-kit-plugin-screenshot_1.png  
Attached Files

N105-interpolation-BUG.mp3 (739.8 KB, 4948 views)

KIT Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage ➡️

First 2 bars dry, second 2 bars BBN105 on, with all EQ bands engaged with only 1.2db boost. (see screen for settings)

Win10
Reaper x64

Though i have already sent them a deteailed report on day 1, have not received any reply.
Hi highvoltage,

This is a problem some have encountered in Reaper.
We are working on a fix for this compatibility issue to be included with the next update. We will have more information soon.

KIT
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi highvoltage,

This is a problem some have encountered in Reaper.
We are working on a fix for this compatibility issue to be included with the next update. We will have more information soon.

KIT
Thanks.

I have tested it in 3 other DAWs so i think it's not a Reaper issue, but a sample rate issue.
KIT Plugins

Quote:
Thanks.

I have tested it in 3 other DAWs so i think it's not a Reaper issue, but a sample rate issue.
We will make sure to look into it.

KIT
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Win10
Reaper x64

I used your settings and this happens for me too, on Mac OSX, PT 2021.6.0
at 44.1 and 48k

There's also an audible low end roll off, I can hear it in your files too.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosxxx ➡️
I used your settings and this happens for me too, on Mac OSX, PT 2021.6.0
at 44.1 and 48k

There's also an audible low end roll off, I can hear it in your files too.
Having said that, I do still like the sounds I get out of this thing.
Gear Head

Quote:

Win10
Reaper x64

Damn... thanks for posting this.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm trying to give this another go with the update...

We were told the trials were reset; however, my iLok is still saying that it is expired. I only ever activated the demo the one time on release day.

Any suggestions?

Thx
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
I'm trying to give this another go with the update...

We were told the trials were reset; however, my iLok is still saying that it is expired. I only ever activated the demo the one time on release day.

Any suggestions?

Thx
Try doing again the process to acquire an iLok license
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacertotambem ➡️
Try doing again the process to acquire an iLok license
Yep, did that.

Went to their site, downloaded the new version, installed it (after having already deleted the original version after it timed out), clicked on Activate then Try... got a message that that trial has been activated too many times; although I only ever activated it once for the original time. LOL

Anyone from Kit here to explain exactly how the trials are being reset?

Thanks
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yep, did that.

Went to their site, downloaded the new version, installed it (after having already deleted the original version after it timed out), clicked on Activate then Try... got a message that that trial has been activated too many times; although I only ever activated it once for the original time. LOL

Anyone from Kit here to explain exactly how the trials are being reset?

Thanks
This entire release has been confusing but they seem to indicate the trial will be reset when the updated version is released.

Perhaps they haven't yet decided on that themselves. Fast approaching a big facepalm.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLance ➡️
This entire release has been confusing but they seem to indicate the trial will be reset when the updated version is released.

Perhaps they haven't yet decided on that themselves. Fast approaching a big facepalm.
There was supposed to be a trial reset from 1.0 to 1.1... I'm just trying to test the latest version. [shrug emoji] Whatever.
KIT Plugins

Quote:
There was supposed to be a trial reset from 1.0 to 1.1... I'm just trying to test the latest version. [shrug emoji] Whatever.
When V1.1 was released we extended all the trials to 14 days. The trials that were already activated were extended from their start date. We will be resetting the trials when the new V2.0 update is released (We are not sure when that update will be ready but we will let you know). If you want to try V1.1 before the release of V2.0 please email [email protected] so we can reset your trial individually.
Please include your iLok User Name.

KIT
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
V2.0?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OK, so after playing around a bit more with the 1.1 update in Pro Tools OSX, I can see a place for it. I can get around on it pretty quickly, that's good. I'm not noticing any of the funky LP or HP stuff when using multiple bands. Obviously, the list of concerns expressed so far are legit, but I'm personally not really struggling with the numeric readouts on my larger monitor (bigger and clearer would be better, though).

I like driving the Mic input, and the saturation sounds good... however, I wouldn't mind a little more control over the saturation beyond a simple switch. It seems to go deep very quickly even after just one knob turn of the input. I'd like to ease that in with a little more control and finesse, if possible... a la the Brainworx consoles' THD knob. Or it might just be calibrated to push too hot too soon. Not sure.

Will keep my eye out for v2. I imagine there are a number of us sitting on the fence until we know more clearly what the future improvements will be.

But the plug-in has a really good character to it. It would be difficult and time-consuming to try to mimic it with a clean digital EQ + saturation. Getting there quickly is 3/4 of all this for me these days.

EDIT: It is pretty heavy on CPU resources in Pro Tools on a 2019 MB Pro.

Last edited by robshrock; 1 week ago at 11:18 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Any news on this plugin? Tried it quickly at first launch, but seemed buggy. Is it stable and bug-free now?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
KIT Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythm'BackStudio ➡️
Any news on this plugin? Tried it quickly at first launch, but seemed buggy. Is it stable and bug-free now?
V1.1 fixed some issues but there are still some compatibility improvements in the works. If you have tried the demo and experienced problems I would recommend waiting until our next update.

Thanks
KIT
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
V1.1 fixed some issues but there are still some compatibility improvements in the works. If you have tried the demo and experienced problems I would recommend waiting until our next update.

Thanks
KIT
Cool thanks!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…