Quantcast
Apogee Electronics announces all new Duet 3 - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee Electronics announces all new Duet 3
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by artech909 ➡️
Universal Audio uses ESS DAC chips but ADC chips from AKM.
Apogee Symphony mkII SE's ADs are based on the same AD chip as all Apollo x Rack models (x6/x8/x8p/x16) - AK5578. This 8-channel AKM chip is able to work in mono mode and this is still the only choice for achieving highest possible and nearly identical THD+Noise AD specs. All Apollo x are in the same top league as Symphony mkII SE, the choice of particular audio interface of this quality level have to be based on it's features and functionality but not on the "characteristic sound"
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Ionic ➡️
I can appreciate your reasons. I am just getting into the Apollo X8 as I needed compatibility now with the M1 Macs. I was not going to sit on my 2018 Intel Mac Hexcore waiting for Apogee. It has to go out the door if I intend to get the majority of the cash in it back out of it and thats right now. As they are at this moment still retaining their value. Though for the most part that end is in plain site and coming at us like a freight train. Oh and ya it does not hold a candle to my M1 Mini.
Intel Macs will be worthless soon. The M1 machines are so great and the next generation will be off the hook.
Anyways things differ for different reason with people. I wish I could have upgraded to Symphony off the Ensemble but Apogee is making that hard currently.
So I made a choice. I quite possibly could pick up a SE sometime down the road when the drivers are there. They are not now.
For what it's worth, I think you made a really good choice. You can always add more converter flavors later on via digital I/O.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…