Quantcast
iZotope Upgrades AI-Powered Audio Assistants in Nectar Pro and Ozone Pro - Page 19 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope Upgrades AI-Powered Audio Assistants in Nectar Pro and Ozone Pro
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjuxtable ➡️
This thread is full of Izotope users. You know what they would prefer? Perpetual licenses vs a subscription model.
iZotope offers both, so take your pick.

Perpetual with features held back until a version leap.

Subscription with features made available as they are developed.

These two things can coexist.

I suspect that iZotope will offer both for years to come. Any hesitancy they are currently having to declare that there will be an "RX 9" or an "Ozone 10" is likely due to their trying to unify some sort of naming convention between sub & perp.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightjar ➡️

I suspect that iZotope will offer both for years to come. Any hesitancy they are currently having to declare that there will be an "RX 9" or an "Ozone 10" is likely due to their trying to unify some sort of naming convention between sub & perp.
Yet again with the supposition lol

You seem to know more about this than Izotope themselves.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️

He is It!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️

iZotope ought to be sponsoring his efforts here. Hook him up with a BreakTweaker license or something.
TLS
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:

You do realize that the pro versions are getting necessary bug fixes that the perpetual license versions are not? If it was simply about features I could understand some of the logic but when bug fixes are also being held back that's a problem.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS ➡️
You do realize that the pro versions are getting necessary bug fixes that the perpetual license versions are not? If it was simply about features I could understand some of the logic but when bug fixes are also being held back that's a problem.
Don’t forget compatibility, their perpetual licenses won’t mean anything in a number of years for users keeping their OS up to date.
kir
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
iZotope ought to be sponsoring his efforts here. Hook him up with a BreakTweaker license or something.
Sacrilege! Let's make it a one month subscription.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
iZotope ought to be sponsoring his efforts here.
How do we know they don't?
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
If well designed, a subscription can accommodate a broad range of users.. from casual hobbyist to a post-production facility.

As it stands now, iZotope has priced their subscription too high for the casual hobbyist... they need an entry-level tier.

If well designed, a subscription can offer a freelancer a more predictable cashflow, and a more flexible set of tools to meet the shifting needs of a client/project.

The traditional Boom/Bust model of "owning" a piece of software typically requires a big upfront cost that is gamble that this expensive tool will prove useful and satisfying.

I understand the pride of ownership, I understand the feeling of possessing a personally researched and refined set of tools that I can yield with expertise.

I have been slow to come around to the subscription model, and haven't seen any yet that are "perfect". I do think PreSonus is coming close with their Sphere membership.

iZotope is doing a poor job of communicating their current status and even what the next year holds. But I think this is an awkward period of time when the exact answers are unknown to everyone as too many variables are in flux.

But even in this flux state, they could be doing a better job of communicating.
The issue that I take with subscription models in Pro Audio, is that if you decide that you're not getting the use out of a subscription, you're essentially locked in.

I used to subscribe to slate. Once I unsubbed, open old sessions, the plugs no longer work. So it just ends up being a nightmare for managing longer term projects.

Will not be investing in iZotope any further. It's a complete slap in the face for their long term perpetual users to be told, pay us monthly or you don't get the new features. Thanks for helping us get here though!!

Edit: Also want to add, that developers claim that subscriptions give them the ability to put out better and faster updates. I would point out that Antares have been pushing a subscription model for their plugins (and as someone who uses AutoTune every day, I can say that nothing of note has been added in the last 6 years, yet I've paid 129usd twice for compatibility upgrades) and they have yet to drop a version of AutoTune that is even compatible with Big Sur, with MacOS Monterey coming around the corner. So what are you paying a sub for?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nothing man. Sort of like Waves. OSX users need these compatibility updates more. Too many sub-driven companies have slowed down, as opposed to smaller devs as well as donation- and freeware folks such as Analog Obsession. M1 compatibility. Valhalla was testing that in January and released it a few months after that. All my Fabfilter stuff is ready to go.

I really do hope Izotope does not end up fisting its users, because that's the vibe I'm getting all around.

"We'll add value to drive subscriptions. If people whine enough we'll preserve compatibility with versions X and Y of the same product. If we can be bothered, we'll listen to what you want, but we'd rather prefer to get new subscription customers. You're afraid to change your setup, so we'll keep straining that relationship as far as it can go." </every subscription-driven company>

It's all about incentives and the proof is in that this is rather bad for us consumers if we're not given options for control. Hope doesn't count. Good intentions don't count. Wishful thinking doesn't count.

And now Izotope may join that sh*t show as well. LIke I've kept saying, guilty until proven innocent because of precedent.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

For all of us that own most of your products including Necter 3 and the extortionate PLUS update we are now being shagged up the bum and alienated with no updates in favour of Subscription only? Well iZotope, your fat cat CEO's might be rubbing their hands today in cash obviously not realising u are probably about to lose the customers that made your company possible, the customers that gave u the cash flow to exist, the customers that have been there from the beginning or like me since Ozone 4, good luck with that, I'm out...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBan ➡️
I used to subscribe to slate. Once I unsubbed, open old sessions, the plugs no longer work. So it just ends up being a nightmare for managing longer term projects.
iZotope has a better approach vs Slate in this situation.

If you stop/pause your iZotope subscription, your projects will still run with the processing applied. You just can't make edits to the plug-in settings.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

If you stop/pause your iZotope subscription, your projects will still run with the processing applied. You just can't make edits to the plug-in settings.
That's definitely a fairer approach, I can acknowledge that.

But still I am gonna pass on subs.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

That’s probably one of the only pieces of positive news regarding Izo subs that I’ve read.
It still doesn’t tip the scales regarding the awful lack of transparency regarding perpetual license holders though.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBan ➡️
That's definitely a fairer approach, I can acknowledge that.

But still I am gonna pass on subs.
Same...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is there a respectable AI mastering program as an alternative to Ozone 9?
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd17 ➡️
Try CloudBounce.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd17 ➡️
https://www.exonicuk.com/product-page/ai-master

This also has a thread here on GS:

AI MASTER - Fully Automatic Mastering Plugin

Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
I have an offer of Ozone 9 Standard for 49$, but I just don't know, I don't trust them. I have Mac, and I'm afraid that they are pushing these offers out because they are up to some move, like releasing a Ozone 10 en less than 3 months and leaving me without Apple M1 compatibility. I know it looks like a great deal but, I don't know, they have a history and its hard to trust them. Plus, I wanted to contact support and they only put some Social media links. Ozone 9 should already have any sort of update for M1 processors.

The same with Waves, I just don't wanna be paying to get all plugins outdated in a couple of months. With Apple being updated is more important than ever, they release a new OS every year. And subs, it's what someone said, if you decide to stop paying, then all your past project go to the trash.
Totally different experience with, for example, Plugin Alliance. And their subscriptions are really good too, those give more for your buck.

These are the type of things that pushes people to piracy. In any case, I thinks everyone is narrowing the possibilities, now with Windows 11 and their hardware, Apple with Gate keeper, etc. Soon we won't be able to open an ISO or a DMG outside of the main software official stores (MAC and Microsoft, Google, etc), they just need to wait for a "big hacking event", kinda like a cyber 9/11.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
kir
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by javilander ➡️
I have an offer of Ozone 9 Standard for 49$, but I just don't know, I don't trust them. I have Mac, and I'm afraid that they are pushing these offers out because they are up to some move
They did it for years now. Run away as fast as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javilander ➡️
These are the type of things that pushes people to piracy.
I do not believe that the use of illegal software can be justified today; there are great plugins of all prices, even free and the quality of the stock plugins is really high.

I recently replaced all iZotope software I was using (Neutron, Ozone, Nectar, RX) and the difficulty was not finding a replacement for these software, but choosing which one I liked the most among a very wide choice.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Fully emigrated to other plugin companies - CHECK!
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom ➡️
Fully emigrated to other plugin companies - CHECK!
Me too! Got everything I need now - after grabbing spectral layers.
Old 3 days ago
Serious question - does anyone from Izotope actually look at these posts? Do they actually care about the 19 pages of input from unhappy customers? I've been trying to keep up with updates here but from what I've gathered we're just discussing wishes and venting. And it annoys me because I'm just as unhappy about this situation as most people but I've already started to phase Ozone out of my workflow. I'll continue using RX since there really isn't any competition in that market that I'm aware of (yet.) But like I said a few pages ago, I'm more concerned with recalling older mixes down the line than I am using Ozone on future ones.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
RX is the only izotope App and Plugin that I don't see a substitute for... at least, nothing convenient.

Spectral editing, Phase/Azimuth correction, Noise Reduction, for example.

Now I don't need these all the time, but when I do, RX usually gets the call.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins ➡️
RX is the only izotope App and Plugin that I don't see a substitute for... at least, nothing convenient.

Spectral editing, Phase/Azimuth correction, Noise Reduction, for example.

Now I don't need these all the time, but when I do, RX usually gets the call.
Same. Use it almost daily for cleaning up vocals and poorly recorded tracks when prepping a mix. Ozone I was already down to using only the imager (at like .5 mix MAX) and the exciter. I've found that I was using it so little now days that it was really easy to replace with other plugins. Granted I'm only mixing not mastering, but I've been able to basically remove Ozone from my workflow easily. RX..I'm stuck.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Upgraded from Music Production 2.1 to 4 for a great price...too hard to pass up. I love the updates....and actually think the software is great. I asked the representative again before purchasing about the subscription issue. They reiterated that there are no plans for them to discontinue perpetual products...they are just adding a subscription option. I did say again that it would be beneficial for them to come onto this forum to clear things up and let everyone know that directly. Why they haven't at this point I'm not sure...I'm using the products mainly on a Windows 10 computer - so the update/compatibility issue is not so much a worry as it is of course with Mac (I also use Mac).

I gave the rep the name of the forum...so if they weren't watching it before, they could come on a look to see and then make a post. We'll see if they do that. I really hope they do - their products are great and I've used them for a long time...including in the recording suite at the university where I teach. Although there are always other options, it is nice to be able to stick with what you use/are comfortable with after so many years...especially when the products are good and you've made a considerable investment into them.

I hope they make some sort of statement this week!

Blessings...
kir
Gear Nut

You must have had a considerable discount to buy a bundle that contains already outdated products, you got Ozone 9 Advanced missing the features of Ozone Pro. Were you using edu discount?

They have always discontinued regular products, releasing new version of the same product. Maybe the rep wanted to confirm that as today you can buy regular licences for the products they are also selling under subscription, although they are not really the same products.

I don't think that sticking with what you are used to is a great idea whenever you are not happy with the new proposition. You either pick what fits you or you bend to fit others; in the second case I don't expect to pay but to be paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
Upgraded from Music Production 2.1 to 4 for a great price...too hard to pass up. I love the updates....and actually think the software is great. I asked the representative again before purchasing about the subscription issue. They reiterated that there are no plans for them to discontinue perpetual products...they are just adding a subscription option. I did say again that it would be beneficial for them to come onto this forum to clear things up and let everyone know that directly. Why they haven't at this point I'm not sure...I'm using the products mainly on a Windows 10 computer - so the update/compatibility issue is not so much a worry as it is of course with Mac (I also use Mac).

I gave the rep the name of the forum...so if they weren't watching it before, they could come on a look to see and then make a post. We'll see if they do that. I really hope they do - their products are great and I've used them for a long time...including in the recording suite at the university where I teach. Although there are always other options, it is nice to be able to stick with what you use/are comfortable with after so many years...especially when the products are good and you've made a considerable investment into them.

I hope they make some sort of statement this week!

Blessings...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yes I got a considerable discount. I would agree with you…you shouldn’t stick to something if you aren’t happy - but I am. Just because the pro versions have a few extras with them, it doesn’t mean the other products aren’t valid. It would be impossible for a perpetual program to match the update cycle of a subscription as usually perpetual programs have upgrades once a year and subscriptions are ongoing. Hopefully what the rep said wasn’t snake oil. But even so, the suite is seriously good as is, will be immensely useful for my productions and will last me for many years without a problem. So it’s a win (for me at least - I realize others feel differently) either way. Of course I am hoping they will just continue updating the perpetual programs regularly and then that would be a big win. But I feel no remorse in getting the update because it was very inexpensive is very useful for me now.
kir
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
It would be impossible for a perpetual program to match the update cycle of a subscription as usually perpetual programs have upgrades once a year and subscriptions are ongoing.
Impossible? Nah, it's just how iZorope decided to market their products to push the subscription program, which is definitely only beneficial for them and not for customers. Other brands do things in a different way.

Anyway I am happy you are happy, let's make music
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kir ➡️
Anyway I am happy you are happy, let's make music

Last edited by KJandKT; 1 day ago at 04:37 PM.. Reason: had to fix quote
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…