Quantcast
Kiive Audio releases 4 new plugins - Page 7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kiive Audio releases 4 new plugins
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict
Where can I get the download of the new tape face version? I have not received any mail so far…
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the code, Eddie! Just bought Tape Face and the strip too.

Great sounding stuff!
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart ➡️
Where can I get the download of the new tape face version? I have not received any mail so far…
If you log into the my account section on our site using the email you purchased with it'll give you the downloads for tapeface 2. But I would recommend waiting like 5 hours before downloading because then all the new updates from this morning will be up and fixed (couple posts back in the thread)
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic ➡️
Thanks for the code, Eddie! Just bought Tape Face and the strip too.

Great sounding stuff!
No problem!! I'm so glad you're liking it
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Downloaded the update and on Windows VST2 in Ableton Live 11, oversampling doesn't work. With all settings CPU usage doesn't change.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiveaudio ➡️
But I would recommend waiting like 5 hours before downloading because then all the new updates from this morning will be up and fixed (couple posts back in the thread)
ok it's been over 5 hours

I DL'd Tapeface 2 last night but didn't install yet. are you going to name this next release 2.1 - or how will we know which v2 is the most up to date?
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley ➡️
ok it's been over 5 hours

I DL'd Tapeface 2 last night but didn't install yet. are you going to name this next release 2.1 - or how will we know which v2 is the most up to date?
Just finalizing a few more things with the distribution software haha I was waiting for someone to comment this haha. And yea this will be tapeface 2.1 and I'll have an email sent out to just tapeface users when the update is live
Kiive Audio

Files have been updated on the site!!

Quick note about the tape reels: they will change speed when ips is switched but only when the daw has been stopped / started again. I'm working on making a version that updates as soon as the ips is switched but figured this was the quickest way to get out the newest update.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Very nice update on Tapeface. But hey, at some point please consider refreshing the GUI's. Especially Warmy is so blurry and weird looking (not crisp at all). Warmy also cuts the low end quiet a lot, this is something to be aware of if used on busses that have important low end.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Loving the new update guys! But is the new version supposed to show up as a separate plugin?... it doesn't seem to replace the original version of Tape Face? If i delete the old version then a bunch of my projects get affected and i'd have to manually replace all the instances. Seems a bit strange.
@ Kiiveaudio please help!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

I have some concerns regarding the new updates:
- It´s a bit odd that Bug fixes warrant a whole new version number, to me this would indicate a totally reworked plugin with additional new content (however, this is an opinion only...)
- The new version numbers (now Tape Face 2/2.1) do not install over the old plugin, consequently old projects running Tape Face (1) will not use the newer version
- Thus I have 3 instances of Tape Face (1, 2, 2.1) in my vst plugin folder
- I can not see a difference between 2 and 2.1 in Ableton Live (in the vst folder), so I don´t know which is which and I have to open both plugins inside the project
- When I open both, I can not find a version number inside the plugin (is it hidden somewhere?), so I still don´t know which is which
- 2.1 doesn´t replace 2(.0) consequently
- Oversampling isn´t working for me in any of the versions, CPU stays the same and no there´s no audible difference
- The sound has changed from 1 to 2/2.1 - with the exact same settings I get a totally different response (v1 was pretty clean, v2/2.1 is very driven all of a sudden. Even lowering the Input doesn´t help in this case
- The login procedure is questionable at best - I find it odd having to look into my email to login to your website - a "normal" login procedure would be easier
- v2/2.1 not replacing the older plugin version leads to the fact, that I have to register the plugin again. Therefore I have to use the code from the website again, which leads to me having to request a login token via email again
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatan ➡️
I have some concerns regarding the new updates:
- It´s a bit odd that Bug fixes warrant a whole new version number, to me this would indicate a totally reworked plugin with additional new content (however, this is an opinion only...)
- The new version numbers (now Tape Face 2/2.1) does not install over the old plugin, consequently old projects running Tape Face (1) will not use the newer version
- Thus I have 3 instances of Tape Face (1, 2, 2.1) in my vst plugin folder
- I can not see a difference between 2 and 2.1 in Ableton Live (in the vst folder), so I don´t know which is which and I have to open both plugins inside the project
- When I open both, I can not find a version number inside the plugin (is it hidden somewhere?), so I still don´t know which is which
- 2.1 doesn´t replace 2(.0) consequently
- Oversampling isn´t working for me in any of the versions, CPU stays the same and no there´s no audible difference
- The sound has changed from 1 to 2/2.1 - with the exact same settings I get a totally different response (v1 was pretty clean, v2/2.1 is very driven all of a sudden. Even lowering the Input doesn´t help in this case
- The login procedure is questionable at best - I find it odd having to look into my email to login to your website - a "normal" login procedure would be easier
- v2/2.1 not replacing the older plugin version leads to the fact, that I have to register the plugin again. Therefore I have to use the code from the website again, which leads to me having to request a login token via email again
Hey dude, I totally agree!

This was my first time doing an update and have definitely figured out what doesn't work for it. All future updates will have the version listed in the plugin and will overwrite the previous version in the daw. I'm gonna look into the different sound response problem as the only change with the sound code was the new oversampling. I'll get it fixed back to how it used to sound. And I'll work on getting a better login system for the site
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
oversampling still not working for me either. tapeface v2.1 in Samplitude Win7-64.
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley ➡️
oversampling still not working for me either. tapeface v2.1 in Samplitude Win7-64.
Hey, I just ran the windows version through plugin doctor and oversampling should be working, here is the image with os on and off: https://imgur.com/a/JoNPeeK

I'll look into this some more and try to get it fixed for you!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

This was my first time doing an update and have definitely figured out what doesn't work for it. All future updates will have the version listed in the plugin and will overwrite the previous version in the daw. I'm gonna look into the different sound response problem as the only change with the sound code was the new oversampling. I'll get it fixed back to how it used to sound. And I'll work on getting a better login system for the site
If the update noticeably changes sound, then in my opinion it's more than good service to have the new version alongside the old one. I wouldn't want to update anything to find out that everything sounds suddenly different.
Gear Head

Quote:

Thanks for your response and effort. So far no one else has reported the issue with the sound changes, maybe it is something specific to my user system, idk. Time will tell i guess.

I´m on OSX 10.14.6, Ableton 10

P.s.:
As of know I´m actually thankful that the older version hasn´t been replaced as the current project stays the same sonically. But that doesn´t mean I´m a fan of it not beeing replaced
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatan ➡️
Thanks for your response and effort. So far no one else has reported the issue with the sound changes, maybe it is something specific to my user system, idk. Time will tell i guess.

I´m on OSX 10.14.6, Ableton 10

P.s.:
As of know I´m actually thankful that the older version hasn´t been replaced as the current project stays the same sonically. But that doesn´t mean I´m a fan of it not beeing replaced
Hey no worries at all!! And if you shoot me an email at [email protected] I can try and get the sound diffence sorted out for you on your system

And oh yea now that I've done my first update I'll definitely make newer versions take over the old if it's just little fixes. Just wasn't sure of the best way to go about it this first time around haha
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hey, I just ran the windows version through plugin doctor and oversampling should be working, here is the image with os on and off: https://imgur.com/a/JoNPeeK

I'll look into this some more and try to get it fixed for you!
Thanks...I didn't run any test software. just using my ears and CPU meter. I get 2% CPU hit with OS on or off....no change. I'll check in with the doctor later tonight.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Cheers Eddie,
to encourage further releases,
Filk & Tape are my fav purchases in 2021 in the emu section.
Tremendously useful in mixes, the distortions in particular, at ridiculous low cpu.

If possible in the future:
would be great if licenses are valid for updates as well until next cycle of chargeable upgrade.
Not a biggie for now but pretty convenient after all.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thx Eddie!-
UD is working great w/OS in LPX 10.3.3. Also, love that there's just ON/OFF to the OS

atb,
kjb
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So I now have 3 versions of Tape Face, this style of updating really sucks.

Please can you over right the already installed version?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
50% mix, max input, 15IPS, noise to taste... makes stuff loud!! great fun!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I am on OSX Mojave.

I cannot Install these plugins? It says Apple cannot check the installers for verification .... Any clues?
Old 2 weeks ago
CONTROL click OPEN the installer
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
In TapeFace DEMO Version, is the OVERSAMPLING 16X working?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Kiive Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnest ➡️
In TapeFace DEMO Version, is the OVERSAMPLING 16X working?
Hey!!

I still need to upload the newest version of TapeFace for the demo! It should be up within the next couple days. I just wanted to get all the updates for all the plugins ready first as I'm also implementing a new, more user friendly way of using presets and saving user presets as the current way is a bit clunky. I'll shoot you a message here as soon as the demo versions are updated

Edit*** I've also finally fixed the apple notarization problem for the Mac installers. My zip files were nulling out the cert. So all future updates and plugins will no longer require the right click / open method haha
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkermann ➡️
Bought the TapeFace and gave it a really quick test. My first impression is...it’s nice. It sounds more subtle than the IK Tape plugs, which is either good or bad, depending on the application. The TapeFace is far more useful than the IK Tape though, because they’re sooo much lighter on the processing. The linkable input and Output levels is also great, the IKs don’t have that.
Bingo! Nice post! I Just happened into Kive plugins and decided to see what's said on gearspace and Tapeface is the first plugin I wanted to see opinions on.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…