Quantcast
Announcing the Fredhead Guitar Amp Sim - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Announcing the Fredhead Guitar Amp Sim
Old 1 week ago
Announcing the Fredhead Guitar Amp Sim

We're proud to announce the Fredhead Guitar Amp Sim. And YES — it does sound like a real amp.

Watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTKuUT1uEg

Buy:
https://fredmandigital.com/products/...tal-distortion

Pre-listen:
https://soundcloud.com/fredmandigita...o-quad-guitars
Attached Thumbnails
Announcing the Fredhead Guitar Amp Sim-fredhead-amp-sim-1_2048x.jpg   Announcing the Fredhead Guitar Amp Sim-skarmavbild2021-06-07kl.17.38.58_2048x.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I wish you well with your new product. This is a crowded marketplace with plenty of competition. Your price of €179 (plus VAT taking it to €214.80!) certainly puts you at the top of the price-range which is much too much for me, but if you are as good as you say you are, I'm sure there will be people who will think it's worth it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I'm not in the market for a high gain amp sim, but was intrigued to hear how realistic it is. I don't think the Soundcloud comparison is doing you any favours though, even though the distortion sounds spot-on, the real amp has a more scooped tone, making the sim sound a bit choked and honky in comparison. That's not a criticism of how realistic the plugin sounds, but I think not matching the tone of the real amp might put people off.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

not really convinced to flush 215 euro (+VAT) on this. not much one gets here for the money spent. one amp and a few impulses. it's a one-trick pony. for that kind of money you can get lot more tonal versatility.

besides, no demo available, which is a no-no for a high-priced product, and the presentation was rather rushed and lackluster.

what's up with the noise issue Spectre guy talks about? are you serious to release this like that? sure I can throw noise gate on that, but why should I do anything when I spend over 200? you could at least make it a part of the software for people not to bother.

but at least you were quick to put a hefty price tag on it, I'll give you that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
At least Glenn from Spectre, despite chatting with Fredman and getting a free copy, was honest enough to say that it's noisy, has a pretty awful UI, is only an amp with a few IRs and is very expensive. He even says he "can't whole-heartedly recommend it... but it has a certain sound to it".

So I guess if you want that sound, this is the way to get it. Like I say, good luck to Fredrik Nordström, but it's a niche product with an outrageous price!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Maybe they changed the price? It's showing up as €119.00 for me.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Many amp sims sound good with metal or clean/edge-of-breakup. Try making one that sounds great with medium level gain.
Old 1 week ago
Hey all! Thanks for the feedback. And yes, we realize we came out too hot on the price. It has now been lowered accordingly.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

still overpriced for the limited functionality and tonal variety you provide.

learn from you neighbors in Finland, you know who they are. I can get new SLO 100, Gojira, Abasi or Fortin amp suites for similar money or less, and they offer advanced controls as far as the amp, FX and cabinet options go. yours don't even have FX or cabinet tuning options. just the amp and a few impulses. it's not enough. take a look around, look at your competition, they come up more prepared with their amp sim releases.

a very raw, rushed and lackluster release. put some more work into it. you didn't do the homework, but you want, first you wanted 200 euro, now you backpedal to 120. you can ask for a high price, no one says you should sell your amps at 29$, but even amps selling for 29$ (Nembrini Audio) offer a bit more versatility than you do.

not to put you down, but this is indeed a rushed offering.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman Digital ➡️
Hey all! Thanks for the feedback. And yes, we realize we came out too hot on the price. It has now been lowered accordingly.
Still too much for me but at least you listened, which is a great thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakymoon ➡️
still overpriced for the limited functionality and tonal variety you provide.
Maybe, maybe not. I think, although I am not an expert by any means, that Fredrik is known for a very specific sound (apparently a blend of a 5150 and a Valvestate). I guess if you want that sound this plugin will deliver and therefore you don't need all the bells and whistles that other ampsims offer - this is the Fredman sound, period.

Very niche product I guess but apparently it does what it says on the tin.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I'm gonna just try some logic here.

I assume the creators of this plugin are not stupid, so they definitely know that it's a basic user expectation that all plugins have a demo version that can be examined before someone decides to buy the plugin. This also implies, there is nothing technically impossible or too resource consuming to make a demo version. Also, because they price this product quite high, they clearly intend to make profit with it and so we can assume their goal is to maximize their profit.

Based on that, it seems that they concluded that making a demo version will bring them LESS sales than when there is no demo available. Which to me means that this plugin is not very good and doesn't compare well to its competition and the only way to generate sales is not by offering a good product, but by generating marketing hype involving some famous guitar sound person.

Sorry, but that's how my thinking goes.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
a blend of a 5150 and a Valvestate. I guess if you want that sound this plugin will deliver
perhaps, but in that case, shouldn't "one-trick ponies" be priced accordingly? these guys want it both ways. they want to cash in big on this, yet give the buyer little for his money. and when you pay more than you get, it's not exactly a lucrative situation, to put it lightly. I don't know. must be different. myself, I don't get "one-trick ponies" for more than 29$.

in any case, the lack of demo for an expensive product is a bit like shooting yourself in the shoot. they'll make up for it by letting Ola do a few chugs, I guess.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Sheesh
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wish Fredman the best. It is a lot of work
creating a new product of any kind, especially
an amp sim. Perhaps they didn’t get good
marketing advice.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…