Quantcast
Apple Music announces Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos; will bring Lossless Audio to entire catalog - Page 9 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apple Music announces Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos; will bring Lossless Audio to entire catalog
Old 1 week ago
  #241
Gear Maniac
 
John Mayer's newest album is my fav Atmos album so far.

Listening to the Atmos version on both Atmos 7.2.2 speaker system and using non-Apple headphones.

Who did the Atmos mix for that?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #242
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
The Rufus Du Sol Live from Joshua Tree is pretty rad in Atmos. I don't have a setup, only on headphones.

Not just biased because I live there...
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #243
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by louderjamz ➡️
John Mayer's newest album is my fav Atmos album so far.

Listening to the Atmos version on both Atmos 7.2.2 speaker system and using non-Apple headphones.

Who did the Atmos mix for that?
I’m pretty sure it’s Spike Stent since he mixed the whole record. Haven’t listened to the atmos mix since I disabled it on my Apple Music (most of the stuff I looked for sounded awful compared to the stereo lossless mix) but the record sounds amazing so I bet it is a great experience if the amos mix was well executed.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #244
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixscix ➡️
if the amos mix was well executed.
It is to my ears / personal tastes.

Most of the music is coming from the front, with just a sprinkling of spatial effects in the surround speakers (in my setup anyway). That's the way it should be in my opinion. Really good use of L, C and R channels. Especially Center channel.

I don't want to hear John Mayer playing guitar behind me
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #245
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by louderjamz ➡️
It is to my ears / personal tastes.

Most of the music is coming from the front, with just a sprinkling of spatial effects in the surround speakers (in my setup anyway). That's the way it should be in my opinion. Really good use of L, C and R channels. Especially Center channel.

I don't want to hear John Mayer playing guitar behind me
I’ve heard it. It’s a really really good atmos mix.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
  #246
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixscix ➡️
I’ve heard it. It’s a really really good atmos mix.
But don't some people wanna hear Greg Phillinganes playing keyboard from the ceiling !

Like some other Atmos mixes I've heard.

Old 11 hours ago
  #247
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
The real benefit of Atmos mixes is the improvements to dynamics.

📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump