Quantcast
Arturia unveils FX Collection 2 - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia unveils FX Collection 2
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I owned a bi-phase in the 70s.

I forget.....is it Arturia that have left all the bi-phase noise intact?

I can't remember if it's them or one of the other three biphase plug makers that include the noise. Speed modulating just the noise is one of my most-used fx on my old sessions.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle ➡️
I owned a bi-phase in the 70s.

I forget.....is it Arturia that have left all the bi-phase noise intact?

I can't remember if it's them or one of the other three biphase plug makers that include the noise. Speed modulating just the noise is one of my most-used fx on my old sessions.
Who else besides Audio Damage and Arturia does a BiPhase?

I'd love to see Arturia do a Mutron III envelope follower. The one IKMM does isn't all that great; needs too much input level.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Who else besides Audio Damage and Arturia does a BiPhase?
There's one in IK's Amplitube 5, they call it Nu-Tron III. Don't think I've used it yet though so I can't comment on how it sounds.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wampler has a few free plugins and one is an envelope follower that is the best I’ve found. Kills on bass.
The chorus is also a standout. Check them out.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude ➡️
Wampler has a few free plugins and one is an envelope follower that is the best I’ve found. Kills on bass.
The chorus is also a standout. Check them out.
The Wampler plugs are very nice, definitely one of the better Univibes ITB and you can't beat the price. The chorus is a Dimension-D and it's definitely nice, but I like the Arturia one quite a bit better. Just sounds more analog to me.

But definitely grab those Wampler plugs if you don't have them...
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide ➡️
Have you compared with the UAD version? I’m liking that one more, specially since it can do all buttons in, it sounds more like it’s part of the original sound rather than an addition to it

Downside is there’s no wet/dry
I do agree in all aspects ... ;-)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyneRyder ➡️
There's one in IK's Amplitube 5, they call it Nu-Tron III. Don't think I've used it yet though so I can't comment on how it sounds.
That's NOT a BiPhase but an emulation of Musitronics's envelope follower called the Mutron III. Two totally different animals.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E ➡️
I have downloaded these plugins as I'm very interested in how these sound as I just seen that "Vincent Travaglini" who does the Pulsar plugins and is an extremely talented coder. Once I knew he was involved that made me perc up and get interested as he was involved with the STA-Level plugin, 1176 and DBX plugins from Arturia.
That's interesting Marc, I watched a couple of demos of this new Arturia bundle on YouTube last night, one of the plugs has a meter that reminded me of the meters on Pulsar Mu and 1178.

Looking forward to checking out your shootout, I'm a bit surprised that the IK 33609 has fared so well in your tests.

Last edited by Tubthumper; 4 days ago at 02:54 AM.. Reason: info added
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Definitely interested in a UA vs Arturia 33609 comparison.

The UA is very nice, but I wouldn't mind having a native option.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ➡️
Definitely interested in a UA vs Arturia 33609 comparison.

The UA is very nice, but I wouldn't mind having a native option.
This is actually why I bought the bundle too. I've been trying to find as many UA alternatives as I can. Mostly this is so I can still mix remotely away from the studio, and do offline bounces, save on DSP, etc.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
That's NOT a BiPhase but an emulation of Musitronics's envelope follower called the Mutron III. Two totally different animals.
Ahh! That makes sense, thanks for the correction. I saw after I posted that you mentioned IKMM, realized that meant IK and started to wonder what I was missing...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyneRyder ➡️
Ahh! That makes sense, thanks for the correction. I saw after I posted that you mentioned IKMM, realized that meant IK and started to wonder what I was missing...
Yeah - people abbreviate the company name. The full name is IK Multimedia or IKMM. Have zero idea what the letters IK stand for (if anything).
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I too am a little confused about the YouTube videos referring to the eq in Bus Force. To me a Pultec is, as you mentioned, the boost/cut thing. As to a Massive Passive NI has one but I think it's actually programmed by Softube.

I'm stoked to find a Mutron BiPhase as that's near & dear to my heart as I worked for the company in Rosemont NJ when they were developing the unit. Did final test & repair and was there go-to guy when they needed an axeman to test something out. Little tip: the BiPhase was voiced using a Strat and Twin Reverb.
Mutron BiPhase are being manufactured! I just got mine couple of weeks ago.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErezW ➡️
Mutron BiPhase are being manufactured! I just got mine couple of weeks ago.
Would you mind telling us by whom?
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Would you mind telling us by whom?
https://mu-tron.com/
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErezW ➡️
Thanks for the link. Reading through the site it looks like they've made significant improvements in reliability especially with the opto parts. I remember replacing them like crazy in units we'd get back from the field.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah - people abbreviate the company name. The full name is IK Multimedia or IKMM. Have zero idea what the letters IK stand for (if anything).
It's a chinese symbol right?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have zero idea what the letters IK stand for (if anything).
IIRC the IK was a symbol with a meaning and it looked liked the letters IK.

That's iirc. Years ago since I think I read something on it in passing. Maybe someone can confirm.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage ➡️
It's a chinese symbol right?
Something like that I think.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishMusic ➡️
I'm smart enough to know that with 863 plugins before all the stuff that comes with Presonus Sphere that if I have to consult many manuals during my workflow it will be broken. Reading that many ahead of time is just impractical.
I don't think anyone is suggesting you should be constantly consulting manuals while you work. What they're saying is roasting a new plug-in without any prior research is obvious clickbait. Every video he puts out is the same formula: read the website marketing out loud for several minutes, complain about screws and knobs, make the "Sandstorm" joke, then come to a middle-of-the-road "I'll leave a link below if you need this plug-in" conclusion that tells you very little.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Playing around with the Diode on mixbus, comparing it to IK Precision and UAD 33609. I still prefer (on this song) the UAD 33609, Arturia comes in close second. UAD seems a little tighter and a tad more open, but I am not sure that I really could distinguish the differences in a blind test. I will set one up and report.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Upgraded to FX2 here as well. Got a good upgrade price, went in for the fun reverb, phaser, and delays. The rest is bonus for me, and they sound great also.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

The 33609 is pretty awesome. Most plugins don't nail the release behaviour of a real diode bridge comp and this is the only one I've tried that pretty much nails it. IK's 33609 is good but it's WAY more coloured and I don't think it nails the release like this one does. Also the limiter section is fantastic and doesn't sound obvious and pumpy like most of the plugins do. If you're using these in isolation I don't think the release behaviour matters as much but when you're combo-ing a diode bridge with something else that kind of thing is super important. As of now (having not tried the UAD) this is the only ITB diode bridge that I could use in place of hardware or nebula/acqua.
Old 3 days ago
I've been looking for a good native 33609 solution for some time. IK precision sounded good in the demo when I tried it, but their "install everything" policy has kept me away for years. I remember it being a bit darker than Arturia's version, as someone already mentioned above. Having a detailed sidechain EQ should be a great way to manipulate the compressor's colour though. Anyway, I demoed the Diode-609 and really liked how it handled my busses. Already owning the free Plate-140 and Juno chorus got me the 149€ price and I can't complain. They are both high quality designs and I was especially impressed with the chorus as it could really widen my mono sources in a mix without metallic artifacts. This makes me confident about the quality of their other time-related effects. After demoing several other plugins of the bundle like the space echo, Trident pre and the DBX compressor, I found them equally impressive and I took the leap. Their other stuff seems equally good, but I already own alternatives. Not to say it's a bad thing to have a second 1176 with a different behaviour.

Overall I'm glad for the purchase and I'm looking forward to learning the new tools and putting them to good use.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I bought it. 22 native effects for the price of one UAD sale plug-in was worth it for me (99EUR). I expect as things move to Apple Silicon native, I’ll end up using these a lot. I love my UAD stuff, but they’re frequently not practical during the composition stage without going through Luna.

I have to hand it to them for chipping away at plugins to the point where they have a very competitive set. It’s not an easy market right now. I expect we’ll see it develop into a very complete suite, and I expect they’ll continue to improve their existing models like they have with the Jupiter 8 (V4 now).
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
It’s harder to get me to bite on things now, but there have been some really good values of late. Reason 11/12 for like 70£, Komplete Collectors for ~200£, Pigments for 49, this for less than 100. I was on much older versions for most things, and these will all end up used frequently. On the other hand, nothing has seemed necessary from Waves, PA, or UA this year (though I’m loving what I get from Luna as a tape machine/UAD host/go between between DAWs, it’s just free).
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I test drove a bit more than half of them tonight and really enjoyed what I found.
-The filters are amazing and a joy to play with. I hooked a random synth from Reason into the Moog style filter and got lost for twenty minutes with it sequencing away over my jamming.
-I thought the eternity delay was much more interesting than my expectations. I ended up saving a preset where I used the LFO on the wet/dry for a great tremolo effect. Also liked the ability to tweak bit rates and go deep with stereo control.
-The memory man just felt like a plugin I was really missing. I love my hardware version and this felt familiar.
-The tape echo has great modulation options and preamp crunch. I didn’t find it quite as tapey as the UAD stuff. Maybe I’m expecting it to be more unstable out of the gate. It still sounded very good but I didn’t feel entirely like I was using tape. There’s no mistaking my replicator for instance.
-The compressors will get used creatively during composition in places where UAD stuff would have had to come in later being external. I like the mid/side touches and the deep side chain filtering options. Also nice to have the input/output gain controls linked by default.
-The dimension and Juno choruses both sounded fantastic. Something about the dimension gave me the impression that it had a bit more character than the UA one, but I didn’t do any sort of comparison. The Juno immediately brought to mind an MKS-70.

I didn’t give the ‘extras’ any thought at first, but the LFO’s are very creatively useful, and the side chain pieces in the comps will just make life easier. Absolutely worth my 99EUR upgrade price. Most of them will actually get used.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
69 eur as upgrade for me (have full fx v1 bundle - pre's\filters\comps\delays\reverbs, except latest modulation line), while users wrote here that 99 eur from nothing (free reverb).
Strange policy. I think pass.

(glad with that rev's n delays hovewer, very good stuff)
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I already have more than half of the bundle and my upgrade 'offer' is 99. Anyone any idea how they work this stuff out?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The upgrade pricing is beneficial for everyone who DIDN’T buy FX collection or any FX…but own a V collection version…

📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…