The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia unveils FX Collection 2
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishMusic ➡️
Ive heard this plugin's name before but never checked it out, probably due to its comparatively high price but i didnt realize what it did for that price till now. It seems to be exactly what U mentioned.

Id like to know 2 things about it if you dont mind that dont seem obvious on its info page?

Is the graphic portion zoomable vertically? This is big for me. Many graphic eqs are not such as Slate Infinity EQ. This means you are working in a very small portion of that graphic.

Does it have selectable saturation of those models as a global choice?
I’m not at my PC but I’m pretty sure you can adjust the range in the graph. There’s no saturation though. It’s a clean EQ.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Theres no GML 8200 by anybody, !

Acustica Audio Green
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just got a price alert on the Jupiter and it seems all individual instruments and effects are 50% off, though I'm not seeing that for the bundles. Thought I'd share.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ive heard this plugin's name before but never checked it out, probably due to its comparatively high price but i didnt realize what it did for that price till now. It seems to be exactly what I mentioned.

Id like to know 2 things about it if you dont mind that dont seem obvious on its info page?

Is the graphic portion zoomable vertically? This is big for me. Many graphic eqs are not such as Slate Infinity EQ. This means you are working in a very small portion of that graphic.

Does it have selectable saturation of those models as a global choice?
SORRY i just saw this. demo it! I think they give you 30 days without limitations. I love love love all DMG stuff. It is highly customizable. Read the manual for sure, your jaw will drop at the level of customization. Their Limitless is also my fav limiter. I ended up going bankrupt buying almost all their stuff. They are also active on this forum, dave gamble & oli. I have also emailed support and they were very responsive and even took the time to educate me, like a mini-lesson on some stuff. DMGaudio
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begbick ➡️
SORRY i just saw this. demo it! I think they give you 30 days without limitations. I love love love all DMG stuff. It is highly customizable. Read the manual for sure, your jaw will drop at the level of customization. Their Limitless is also my fav limiter. I ended up going bankrupt buying almost all their stuff. They are also active on this forum, dave gamble & oli. I have also emailed support and they were very responsive and even took the time to educate me, like a mini-lesson on some stuff. DMGaudio
Saturation is NOT included. For saturation eq, try Spectre by wavesfactory.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder ➡️
Just got a price alert on the Jupiter and it seems all individual instruments and effects are 50% off, though I'm not seeing that for the bundles. Thought I'd share.
yup. confirmed. i just checked and i see a $15 upgrade to Jup 8 V.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode ➡️
yup. confirmed. i just checked and i see a $15 upgrade to Jup 8 V.
! It says 29, but the upgrade price will become half when you add it to your cart.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 ➡️
! It says 29, but the upgrade price will become half when you add it to your cart.
yup.. now i just need to figure out if i want it. Jup is one of my most used ones from the collection. but some other posters have reported more problems with Jupiter.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
They all sound good but the preamp collection & 33609 hiss is a turn-off.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky ➡️
They all sound good but the preamp collection & 33609 hiss is a turn-off.
What level are you hearing hiss out of the 33609?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
What level are you hearing hiss out of the 33609?
-104 dB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky ➡️
-104 dB
That's not even audible. Much ado about nothing.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
That's not even audible. Much ado about nothing.
It is audible if you stack it, especially the preamp plugins if you treat them like console emulation (put them in every track).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
How these effects perform on both quality and performance compared to Acustica Audio?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Arturia are becoming the Behringer of plug-ins.

Not a good thing.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBDA1176 ➡️

Not a good thing.
really? that bad? i only have and use the modulations. they seem pretty good.
Gear Nut

Quote:

Not a good thing.
Quote:
really? that bad? i only have and use the modulations. they seem pretty good.
I can't say I'm that experienced, but I don't have complaints about the Arturias so far. But I'm not stacking them all across my productions. I use Acustica's or Sonimus' console emulation.
Gear Head

Late to the party on Arturia FX 2 roll-out prices, so I just bought an effect in the current the 50% off sale in hopes that it would make me eligible for upgrading to the FX bundle eventually. Does Arturia only offer cross/upgrades on new product launches? Or is there still hope for BF or earlier?
Gear Addict
Quote:

Not a good thing.
That’s overkill. You are alluding to cheap quality.
I think they have stronger points and weaker points like any developer, but their quality isn’t beneath the competition.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Not a good thing.
Universal Audio already took that title 15 years ago.
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I just don't understand what this means.

The majority of their products are knock-offs of other products made to the lowest possible price point? You don't like either company? You LOVE both companies? There's a million ways to take that statement without context. I'd be curious if you could explain what you meant.

I personally think Arturia is like the Applebee's of plugins. See what I mean? That can mean anything and nothing without context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➡️
Universal Audio already took that title 15 years ago.
The company that makes really expensive but very high quality stuff? Huh? Are you guys having a laugh and leaving out the emojis to indicate the joke?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchtrip ➡️
Late to the party on Arturia FX 2 roll-out prices, so I just bought an effect in the current the 50% off sale in hopes that it would make me eligible for upgrading to the FX bundle eventually. Does Arturia only offer cross/upgrades on new product launches? Or is there still hope for BF or earlier?
Definitely should be some great prices offered around BF. Make sure when there are offers to log in your account and in that section you will get any personalised offers listed there.

EDIT: Also don't forget - Arturia are amazing at giving away a really good quality freebie each Christmas Time. NI also do this usually.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Definitely should be some great prices offered around BF. Make sure when there are offers to log in your account and in that section you will get any personalised offers listed there.

EDIT: Also don't forget - Arturia are amazing at giving away a really good quality freebie each Christmas Time. NI also do this usually.
Oh nice, thanks for the info. Yeah, I missed out on a lot of the 2020/xmas freebies... I really went MIA.

Will keep an eye on Arturia for sure. Cheers
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Not a good thing.
Your remark makes no sense at all, Sir.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Arturia is like rum in a pina colada.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by kj.metissage; 1 week ago at 07:30 PM..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I have been a customer since V Col 3 or 4. I have been quite happy with their software products. Have never really had any weird issues with their updaters or VIs. The only beef I have is they dropped Spark .
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I have been a customer since V Col 3 or 4. I have been quite happy with their software products. Have never really had any weird issues with their updaters or VIs. The only beef I have is they dropped Spark .
I’ve been a customer since V Collection 3.
I was OK with Arturia until they changed their upgrade policies.
I skipped upgrading V6 ——-> V7 and now they are offering me as a longtime customer the V8 Collection upgrade for $349.
I’ve had every V Collection since version 3 ((except for 7) I also have a couple of individual effects plugins and a couple of the effect plugin bundles and Arturia Pigments. We are coming out of a worldwide pandemic,most people’s income has taken a big hit the last couple of years and Arturia wants to change their upgrade policies NOW?
In my opinion this is a dumb move by a developer that has a myopic view of the market and economic conditions of users worldwide.
In the long run I suspect this ill conceived money-grab is going to alienate enough customers that this new upgrade policy will ultimately backfire on Arturia.

Last edited by kgdrum_nyc; 1 week ago at 07:57 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
I just don't understand what this means.

The majority of their products are knock-offs of other products made to the lowest possible price point? You don't like either company? You LOVE both companies? There's a million ways to take that statement without context. I'd be curious if you could explain what you meant.

I personally think Arturia is like the Applebee's of plugins. See what I mean? That can mean anything and nothing without context.

The company that makes really expensive but very high quality stuff? Huh? Are you guys having a laugh and leaving out the emojis to indicate the joke?
Sorry, I was being intentionally opaque and tongue-in-cheek because I didn’t understand THX1138’s comment. The “Behringer” of plugins doesn’t make sense for the reasons you stated. Arturia makes very high quality products and the majority of plugin manufacturers make analog emulations of vintage gear. I was as perplexed as you by the comment and was having a laugh.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I think its a saturated market for plugins. but i think arturia are disrupting the market and some dont like it. you can pickup the FX collection for $100 which kind of adds up to $5 to $6 per plugin. They are in the same field as IKM with Tracks. Thats gotta hurt companies that dont to other stuff than FX plugins like Black Rooster et la..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I think its a saturated market for plugins. but i think arturia are disrupting the market and some dont like it. you can pickup the FX collection for $100 which kind of adds up to $5 to $6 per plugin. They are in the same field as IKM with Tracks. Thats gotta hurt companies that dont to other stuff than FX plugins like Black Rooster et la..
Many of the Arturia FX are not up to par with offerings from other developers. IKMultimedia for instance makes better eq and dynamics FX and UAD beats them both. Arturia's strength is the digital V Collection synths and V collection is the best starter value pack on the market.

If I only had a DAW (no 3rd party plugins) the first purchases I would make.
1. Voxengo Complete bundle
2. DDMF Complete bundle
3. Arturia V Collection 8
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…