Quantcast
Black Salt Audio releases 2 new plugins: Low Control and Escalator - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Salt Audio releases 2 new plugins: Low Control and Escalator
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Black Salt Audio releases 2 new plugins: Low Control and Escalator

Black Salt Audio

Founded by Jordan Valeriote from Hardcore Music Studio, released two new plugins Low Control and Escalator.

LOW CONTROL
Price: $99 / 103€

Control and enrich your low end.

Low Control was designed to give you maximum control from one plugin. Easily dial in the perfect low end in just a few clicks.

“Completely floored by the low end qualities and richness that Low Control instantly adds to the source. As soon as I inserted it with mild settings on my mix bus, it made everything sound 10times more expensive. A new favourite, Loving it!”
Henrik Udd | Architects, Bring Me The Horizon, Dayseeker

ESCALATOR
Price: $79 / 82€

Escalator takes a complex process of saturation and reduces it down to just one knob. It sounds great on drums, vocals, strings, guitars and anything else you want to stand out in a mix.

“As soon as I put Escalator in my mix it made an incredible sonic difference and immediately made my mixes sound much more professional.”
Ramon Villarreal | Owner at Dark Tone Audio

Mixing with Low Control and Escalator demonstration by Jordan

Limited time - Get 20% off when you purchase both plugins at https://www.blacksaltaudio.com
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Escalator sounds pretty good but Low Control made a lot of funny noises like clicks and stuff so it's hard to know if that one is any good. Trouble is, they're too expensive for what they offer (for my wallet) so it's a no from me.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
Escalator sounds pretty good but Low Control made a lot of funny noises like clicks and stuff so it's hard to know if that one is any good. Trouble is, they're too expensive for what they offer (for my wallet) so it's a no from me.
I agree , very expensive , and not very good system of protection(hdwid online ckeck ).... . But Escalator seem good .....
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Escalator ain't no joke on the drum buss. Even measuring 2 dBs lower than the dry, it fills in the space nicely, brings added dimension, weight and attitude to the live kit. Sounds fantastic on the toms.

I just can't bring myself to spend $79 for one knob, though. Can I?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Black text on a dark grey background was an odd decision. White text on meters is ridiculously small too. Worth rethinking imo.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That's a lot of cash for a saturation plugin with one knob and not much control.
Old 1 week ago
HVY
Gear Head

Saw a video of these on youtube, more than half of the comments were telling how overpriced these are. Imo they are right.

If I remember correctly Jordan (the founder of BSA) used to use lo-fi, massey tape and decapitator for that escalator thing. And Waves C4 and rbass for that Low control thing. Don’t know where I’m going with this, but most of us already have those plugins so what is new in the tool box? Or do they just sound better?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
You taught everyone how to record and mix themselves now a producer's gotta make a livin
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

They can charge what they like. It's their business. They know what went into it and what's under the hood. But as a consumer, I just can't spend that kind of money on one knob.

Maybe if they included a few more flavors for Escalator that the one knob controlled, or gave us control over what's under the hood. Then I might go for it.

As it is, Izotope Neutron Exciter is my go-to for this type of stuff.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Basd on the the videos I've watched, there's no way I would spend more than $25 dollars on the saturation plugin. And I have a serious addiction to buying saturation plugins. And... that $25 impulse buy would be me sticking it in a Black Salt Audio folder probably forgetting about it.

Not trying to be a jerk, I wish Black Salt the best but the sound doesn't match the price is all I'm saying.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I stopped watching the video where dude was saying that gain matching is not important to properly AB the processing
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan ➡️
I stopped watching the video where dude was saying that gain matching is not important to properly AB the processing
I'd never buy anything associated with jordan whateverhisname is. He's so hardcore he "allegedly" got his start with the Jonas bros...
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yup. His reasoning was that he doesn't like to mix by numbers, but its common knowledge now that we like to make plugin purchase decisions with gain matched audio so we can better compare the benefits.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Gain matching is fine when appropriate, but many times I want to apply a plugin to tweak the track so I can turn it up. I'm not a believer that we can't tell if something is improved or not only with matched gain. That's taking it too far, for me.

But I agree, you can make stuff sound better for ten seconds or so with added gain. The way many of these YouTube guys rifle through the AB comparisons is highly misleading, gain matched or not. Three seconds active, three seconds bypassed through different sections. It's easy to manipulate one's discernment that way. I'm not saying they're doing it on purpose. Most aren't, of course, but there are a few who do.

I've been fooled many many, many, times. I've probably dropped $2k or $3k on plugins I shouldn't have. And that might be a low estimate. Lol
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Never heard of this company. Only way I’d even demo was if the feedback on here were so glowing as to allow overlooking the obscene price.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees ➡️
Never heard of this company. Only way I’d even demo was if the feedback on here were so glowing as to allow overlooking the obscene price.
I bought it and, off course its limited, BUT when it works it is really good! Especially with drums and electric bass this thing can really make a difference.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah can't listen to fools when they come out with noob nonsense like that.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieq ➡️
I'd never buy anything associated with jordan whateverhisname is. He's so hardcore he "allegedly" got his start with the Jonas bros...
If people disagree with his methods (the A/B thing) then sure, don’t take his word for it. But if this is your excuse, as if producers are confined to one genre for their careers or interning at big studios is a bad wat to start, then dude you’re in for a pretty rough time moving forward.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…