Quantcast
Relab Development Releases Long-Awaited LX480 Essentials Reverb Plug-In - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Relab Development Releases Long-Awaited LX480 Essentials Reverb Plug-In
Old 3 weeks ago
  #61
Gear Nut
 
Just looking at the GUI - this is how reverbs should be done. Every single necessary feature and nothing else. Perfection.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #62
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Support took care of me and got me an Essentials license on a Saturday evening. Gotta appreciate that. Thanks Relab!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #63
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
Support took care of me and got me an Essentials license on a Saturday evening. Gotta appreciate that. Thanks Relab!
Same here. These things are remembered….
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #64
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
Support took care of me and got me an Essentials license on a Saturday evening. Gotta appreciate that. Thanks Relab!
Same here also. Great customer service
Old 3 weeks ago
  #65
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Proud owner of LX480 complete here...excellent reverb! But where are long time promised quantec and vss emus?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #66
Gear Maniac
 
I still do not regret buying LX480 at full price 6 years ago. To have essentially the same sound of my favorite reverb for about $12,000 less than the original box is one of the great things about recording/producing in the digital age. Damn, if Relab gets even 90% of the way there with a Quantec emulation, I'd have no problem paying dearly for it. (considering a new Yardstick is $4295) But then, I have a serious reverb problem.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #67
Gear Head
 
Do I need an ilok dongle to use this plugin? Can't find about it on the site
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #68
Lives for gear
 
I have one UX issue: there seems to be no way to lock the wet/dry mix, such that I have to reset it every time I change presets.

As far as the sound... sigh. I've been trying to avoid the full Relab LX480, but, I suspect it's only a matter of time, now. Dastardly plot!

(great marketing, great product, great service... hard to pass up)
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #69
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
Thanks! Random Hall is not in the version - that is in RHall or the Complete version only.
I hate to disagree with the company rep here, especially after Relab was so nice to me last night, but the Random Hall is indeed the Hall algorithm in Essentials.

I can hear you right now, "what!?! How dare he disagree! That's fake news!" But, if you own LX480 Complete, do this...

1. Update to the latest LX480 Complete (I missed some updates)
2. Open the plugin
3. Go to the new "Essentials" presets which are the same presets from Essentials in Complete
4. Open any of the Hall presets
5. Look at the algorithm

Result: they're all using Random Hall. Note: not RHall HD.

Therefore, it is my belief that the hall algorithm in Essentials is indeed Random Hall and not Hall or RHall HD.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #70
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
I have one UX issue: there seems to be no way to lock the wet/dry mix, such that I have to reset it every time I change presets.)
Agree. Would be a wonderful thing if clicking the word Mix changed the text to Gray and enabled a Mix Lock.

vitocorleone123 (may I call you Godfather?), if it helps, LX480 Complete has a Mix Lock. It's tucked away in the configuration, but as long as you browse presets using the preset browser at the bottom of the GUI, it works.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #71
Relab Development
 
Relab's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
Do I need an ilok dongle to use this plugin? Can't find about it on the site
No dongle needed - you can license on your machine. And solid point - I'll have the product page updated to specifically say no dongle. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #72
Relab Development
 
Relab's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
I have one UX issue: there seems to be no way to lock the wet/dry mix, such that I have to reset it every time I change presets.

As far as the sound... sigh. I've been trying to avoid the full Relab LX480, but, I suspect it's only a matter of time, now. Dastardly plot!

(great marketing, great product, great service... hard to pass up)
Busted! haha This has come up and hopefully will make it to a roadmap at some point. No promises though - we have a few other "big swings" coming before that hopefully
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #73
Relab Development
 
Relab's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
I hate to disagree with the company rep here, especially after Relab was so nice to me last night, but the Random Hall is indeed the Hall algorithm in Essentials.

I can hear you right now, "what!?! How dare he disagree! That's fake news!" But, if you own LX480 Complete, do this...

1. Update to the latest LX480 Complete (I missed some updates)
2. Open the plugin
3. Go to the new "Essentials" presets which are the same presets from Essentials in Complete
4. Open any of the Hall presets
5. Look at the algorithm

Result: they're all using Random Hall. Note: not RHall HD.

Therefore, it is my belief that the hall algorithm in Essentials is indeed Random Hall and not Hall or RHall HD.
haha - how about I get you the answer directly from those that built it. If I were a gambler, I would bet that there might be a mistake when the presets were ported to Complete (they were made in Essentials directly) BUT I will confirm and follow up on this for you.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #74
Relab Development
 
Relab's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
Agree. Would be a wonderful thing if clicking the word Mix changed the text to Gray and enabled a Mix Lock.

vitocorleone123 (may I call you Godfather?), if it helps, LX480 Complete has a Mix Lock. It's tucked away in the configuration, but as long as you browse presets using the preset browser at the bottom of the GUI, it works.
Are you all joining the Relab community site? You should receive an email for access after you register for the plug-in.

I'm making sure a feature request tracker is going in there soon for exactly this - you submit, comment, vote up and then I hound dev every day until they get sick of me and make us all happier people
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #75
Relab Development
 
Relab's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acctx ➡️
Just looking at the GUI - this is how reverbs should be done. Every single necessary feature and nothing else. Perfection.
very kind words... my marketing hat requires me to ask you if I can use this as a testimonial or quote somewhere haha Thanks!!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #76
Relab Development
 
Relab's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
I hate to disagree with the company rep here, especially after Relab was so nice to me last night, but the Random Hall is indeed the Hall algorithm in Essentials.

I can hear you right now, "what!?! How dare he disagree! That's fake news!" But, if you own LX480 Complete, do this...

1. Update to the latest LX480 Complete (I missed some updates)
2. Open the plugin
3. Go to the new "Essentials" presets which are the same presets from Essentials in Complete
4. Open any of the Hall presets
5. Look at the algorithm

Result: they're all using Random Hall. Note: not RHall HD.

Therefore, it is my belief that the hall algorithm in Essentials is indeed Random Hall and not Hall or RHall HD.
Well Funkybot - it seems you have won this round haha

You are in fact 100% correct (and yes I hassled someone at home on a Sunday night because I wanted to know this myself haha)

Medium Hall is in fact built upon the Random Hall algo from the LX480 Complete - which in my mind take Essentials to a level of "mind blown"

And I will update any/all text to ensure this is clear.

Well played! haha
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #77
Lives for gear
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
I have one UX issue: there seems to be no way to lock the wet/dry mix, such that I have to reset it every time I change presets.
Confirmed as a feature request and Relab have basically said they will be implementing this as well as few other improvements and fixes, but no timeline.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #78
Lives for gear
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
I'm making sure a feature request tracker is going in there soon for exactly this - you submit, comment, vote up and then I hound dev every day until they get sick of me and make us all happier people
I already submitted this request there, don't worry!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #79
Lives for gear
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
Medium Hall is in fact built upon the Random Hall algo from the LX480 Complete - which in my mind take Essentials to a level of "mind blown"
LX480 Essentials seems to be the gift that keeps on giving..!

Great plugin!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #80
Gear Maniac
 
I guess I'm not being kept up to date on new releases . . . I have VSR S24, LX480 and Sonsig, but have not gotten any e-mails about updates. Anyway. I went to the website and downloaded the 480 3.1.1 and the new preset system is great! So much easier to browse through and I love all the Essentials Signature presets - really nice starting points and some parameter combinations I've never tried. Good work!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #81
Lives for gear
 
baslotto's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Wait, is this included in the subscription plan? I didn’t receive any notifications from Relab about this.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #82
Lives for gear
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto ➡️
Wait, is this included in the subscription plan? I didn’t receive any notifications from Relab about this.
Not according to their website:
https://relabdevelopment.com/subscription/

But you already have the "big boy" versions of the 480 plugin, so you're not missing out on anything really.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #83
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
Well Funkybot - it seems you have won this round haha

You are in fact 100% correct (and yes I hassled someone at home on a Sunday night because I wanted to know this myself haha)

Medium Hall is in fact built upon the Random Hall algo from the LX480 Complete - which in my mind take Essentials to a level of "mind blown"

And I will update any/all text to ensure this is clear.

Well played! haha
Hey, people love that algo - myself included - so hopefully it sells some more essential licenses!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #84
Lives for gear
 
thedberg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
Well Funkybot - it seems you have won this round haha

You are in fact 100% correct (and yes I hassled someone at home on a Sunday night because I wanted to know this myself haha)

Medium Hall is in fact built upon the Random Hall algo from the LX480 Complete - which in my mind take Essentials to a level of "mind blown"

And I will update any/all text to ensure this is clear.

Well played! haha
That tipped me. Bought!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #85
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
Not according to their website:
https://relabdevelopment.com/subscription/

But you already have the "big boy" versions of the 480 plugin, so you're not missing out on anything really.
Actually it is. At least for an "old" subscribers like myself. License was deposited on my iLok account many months ago (together with VSR REV6000 which I really, really hope will coming in a not too distant future!!!)

cheers,
Lox
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #86
Gear Addict
 
omkar's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
Thanks for the post -

CPU is a light as it can be without compromising quality - Reverb tend to take more - but sometimes we can look a little heavier in comparison - but we opt for sound quality always over a little extra CPU.

There will be an upgrade path - this is so new, and being launched on a new system - so we are doing things in phases to ensure things are smooth and easy for every one - but rule of thumb is we take care of our customers as best we can.

Phase issue was found on bypass when insert - it has been fixed internally and we will push an update soon. We're on it!

Enjoy!
Cool, I`ll watch fixes, thanks for taking the time ...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #87
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
I'm trying to demo LX480 Complete. On the web form once I enter my email address and iLok details, it states:

"The product cannot be used as a free trial as we have not configured it properly. Please try another product."
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #88
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhood ➡️
I'm trying to demo LX480 Complete. On the web form once I enter my email address and iLok details, it states:

"The product cannot be used as a free trial as we have not configured it properly. Please try another product."
Had the same issue. Gave up.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #89
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhood ➡️
I'm trying to demo LX480 Complete. On the web form once I enter my email address and iLok details, it states:

"The product cannot be used as a free trial as we have not configured it properly. Please try another product."
The advice makes sense: if you can’t use reverb, try a delay, or an Eq.


Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nsteh ➡️
Had the same issue. Gave up.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #90
Gear Maniac
 
assessor's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Does this work on Apple M1 Macs?
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump