Quantcast
Relab Development Releases Long-Awaited LX480 Essentials Reverb Plug-In - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Relab Development Releases Long-Awaited LX480 Essentials Reverb Plug-In
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK ➡️
For example Denmark has really high living costs and standards
We do?
High living costs……true. High standards? That part needs some explanation
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
PLEASE tell me that Ursa Major SST is still on the table
Didn’t know they were considering this, and I hope they do come through with it. I’d be extremely excited to have an accurate Space Station plugin in my toolbox!
DSK
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathirio ➡️
We do?
High living costs……true. High standards? That part needs some explanation
https://www.copcap.com/news/denmark-...try-to-live-in

Is it not so?
Relab Development

Quote:
So it seems Relab finally got 2 things right: hiring a online/social media person and providing their sound to the masses
Which is actually only one:
They connected to the rest of the audio world

FWIW after all these years I came to understand why Relab and some other companies are/were priced so high. For example Denmark has really high living costs and standards, so for them to scale up I bet it was a tough journey.

Really glad they managed to do so. Love these plugins
@ Relab Keep it up and PLEASE tell me that Ursa Major SST is still on the table
Thanks for the feedback Pricing is a challenge - and different for every company/product etc with many factors at play. That being said - moving forward - we are doing our best to have options for many different needs.

LX480 Essentials is a first step in that direction and we are so pleased with the reception. "flying off the shelves" so to speak.

As for the Ursa Major - I can neither confirm nor deny it's existence

All joking aside, we think we have some really cool stuff in the works - hopefully you'll continue to be pleased with what we release.

Thanks!!!
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➡️
I own RHall and also essentials and love both of them. I was just curious what output modeling does Essentials use? Analog/Digital? Noise On/Off, etc.? I know you can switch them in essential (and it sounds great) just wondering
I will confirm this for you but pretty sure it's analog noise on BUT I'll chase down the powers that be on Monday to confirm this 100%
Gear Maniac

Quote:
It’s true that living here is very expensive. I just read your “high standards” as never cutting corners or taking the easy road which is something I think we do way too often.
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
Wow. Wish I would've seen that....
No worries - we're here to help Hit up support with your ilok user ID to confirm eligibility and I'll make sure someone helps you out. https://help.relabdevelopment.com/submit-a-ticket/
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
Wow. Wish I would've seen that....
Missed it too, but with the full version can’t be too upset.
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
Missed it too, but with the full version can’t be too upset.
Even with the full version - I reach for Essentials when in "creative" mode - writing, pre-prod etc when you need things fast and easy. Hit up support with your ilok user ID to confirm eligibility and I'll make sure someone helps you out. Definitely worth having if just for the workflow option: https://help.relabdevelopment.com/submit-a-ticket/
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relab ➡️
Even with the full version - I reach for Essentials when in "creative" mode - writing, pre-prod etc when you need things fast and easy. Hit up support with your ilok user ID to confirm eligibility and I'll make sure someone helps you out. Definitely worth having if just for the workflow option: https://help.relabdevelopment.com/submit-a-ticket/

I'm not complaining and I'm all for helping developers to develop more and better products. However as a person who paid a full price for LX480 and then subscribed to your verb services several years ago to get more, I still didn't see "more" on the table. I'm not counting Sonsig and GoldPlate, I'm talking about heavyweights.

I'd appreciate if you would provide more information about upcoming (?) QRS and VSR 6000, it's a been a long while.

And yes, Ursa was another reason I'm paying for subscription. I hope you guys moving forward and doing well!
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov ➡️
I'm not complaining and I'm all for helping developers to develop more and better products. However as a person who paid a full price for LX480 and then subscribed to your verb services several years ago to get more, I still didn't see "more" on the table. I'm not counting Sonsig and GoldPlate, I'm talking about heavyweights.

I'd appreciate if you would provide more information about upcoming (?) QRS and VSR 6000, it's a been a long while.

And yes, Ursa was another reason I'm paying for subscription. I hope you guys moving forward and doing well!
I fully appreciate the situation from your point of view.

I unfortunately cannot give any definite information on any upcoming products - primarily for the exact situation you are describing - setting up expectations of something that may or may not be delivered in time or delivered at all.

That being said - as soon as we have a definitive release date of an upcoming product - we will absolutely share it as soon as we can!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I fully appreciate the situation from your point of view.

I unfortunately cannot give any definite information on any upcoming products - primarily for the exact situation you are describing - setting up expectations of something that may or may not be delivered in time or delivered at all.

That being said - as soon as we have a definitive release date of an upcoming product - we will absolutely share it as soon as we can!
Please do! Sooner is the better
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I often find myself doing the same. And yes there was a pre-launch offer for all existing Relab customers to get Essentials as a free gift. That closed when Essentials launched publicly.
Did an email go out to all existing users prior to the public release? I have owned the LX480 Complete and the Reverb Bundle 2 for quite some time but didn't receive anything. Any possibility of still getting the free gift?
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootking ➡️
Did an email go out to all existing users prior to the public release? I have owned the LX480 Complete and the Reverb Bundle 2 for quite some time but didn't receive anything. Any possibility of still getting the free gift?
See the support link a few posts above. I just submitted a request. If I'm eligible, awesome! If not, that's fine too.
Relab Development

Quote:
Yes a few went out - but yes as mentioned above, for the next little while, hit up support with your ilok user ID to confirm eligibility and someone should be able to help you out. https://help.relabdevelopment.com/submit-a-ticket/
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My bad…
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks Funkybot! Missed that as I was searching through the thread. Support ticket opened.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I've purchased a version of this thing three times. Once when it was first released but incomplete. It stopped working unless I had AU and VST both installed. That was weird. Then Slate had it available for a while and I bought it through them. Then that was dropped and it went back to Relab and the upgrade finally came out. I bought that too but the iLok license stopped working for some reason and Relab had no history of my email or user name and didn't respond to my emails. Now I just subscribe. It's easier. But man, what pain. Great unit, though. One of the all-time greats.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've had this for a couple weeks and it's on everything. I love the plate. Simple/limited workflow is no problem when it sounds this good.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Very happy with Sonsig but the 480 is quite interesting.

Some questions,
1. Hows cpu? (my reference is the super effective Lexicon PCM native)
2. is there a concept of an upgrade path to Complete?
3. this user reports potential phase issue when active/dry from ~ 5:36 on?

Thank you.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I often find myself doing the same. And yes there was a pre-launch offer for all existing Relab customers to get Essentials as a free gift. That closed when Essentials launched publicly.
I am your customer since ages and wasn't noticed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

What's LOGIN button? Do you have to be online when it's in use?
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar ➡️
Very happy with Sonsig but the 480 is quite interesting.

Some questions,
1. Hows cpu? (my reference is the super effective Lexicon PCM native)
2. is there a concept of an upgrade path to Complete?
3. this user reports potential phase issue when active/dry from ~ 5:36 on?

Thank you.
Thanks for the post -

CPU is a light as it can be without compromising quality - Reverb tend to take more - but sometimes we can look a little heavier in comparison - but we opt for sound quality always over a little extra CPU.

There will be an upgrade path - this is so new, and being launched on a new system - so we are doing things in phases to ensure things are smooth and easy for every one - but rule of thumb is we take care of our customers as best we can.

Phase issue was found on bypass when insert - it has been fixed internally and we will push an update soon. We're on it!

Enjoy!
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by acctx ➡️
What's LOGIN button? Do you have to be online when it's in use?
No you do not - but we have a new customer community with interviews, workshops, tutorials etc - just a fast way to get to it.
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH ➡️
I've had this for a couple weeks and it's on everything. I love the plate. Simple/limited workflow is no problem when it sounds this good.
Thanks for the kind words - that was our thinking. So glad you agree.

For many who had the original - often people left it on one or two presets and tweaked a few params - so fast and easy.

Of course for those who want to dig in and tweak - Complete is the way to go. Shape and Spread on the 480 is like nothing else out there imo. Part of the magic of the hardware for sure.

Enjoy!!
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Drive ➡️
I've purchased a version of this thing three times. Once when it was first released but incomplete. It stopped working unless I had AU and VST both installed. That was weird. Then Slate had it available for a while and I bought it through them. Then that was dropped and it went back to Relab and the upgrade finally came out. I bought that too but the iLok license stopped working for some reason and Relab had no history of my email or user name and didn't respond to my emails. Now I just subscribe. It's easier. But man, what pain. Great unit, though. One of the all-time greats.
I feel your pain - hopefully those days are behind us.

For years Relab was mainly one or two people trying to handle everything - and unfortunately some things fell through the cracks.

There's been a lot of work done to ensure things run much smoother for everyone

That being said - so glad you stuck with us! We're just getting started haha

Enjoy!
Relab Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak ➡️
I am your customer since ages and wasn't noticed.
Yes it was done via email - and so many reasons why email may not make it to some people - which is exactly why we have added a grace period to catch anyone who missed it.

We'll take care of as many people as we can and each launch will be bigger and better

Have a great weekend!
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes it was done via email - and so many reasons why email may not make it to some people - which is exactly why we have added a grace period to catch anyone who missed it.

We'll take care of as many people as we can and each launch will be bigger and better

Have a great weekend!
I am already set. Thanks very much.
Old 2 weeks ago
Hi, Will Lx480 Complete get a new look GUI like Lx480 Essential?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Where is the user account link in the Relab´s site?
Can´t see one - isn´t that fundamental?
No download link for the demo, either.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…