Quantcast
Solid State Logic Expand DAW Production Tools with UC1 Channel Strip and Bus Compressor Controller - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid State Logic Expand DAW Production Tools with UC1 Channel Strip and Bus Compressor Controller
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Here's some good news for Reaper users concerning the question:"Will the UC1 follow the UF8 selection?"

If you check 'Open track FX window on track selection' under Preferences/Plug-ins and SSL Channel Strip is always the first plugin it works like a charm :-)

Cheerio,
Roger
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Are channel strip and bus comp v2 payed upgrades from v1?

Can they be used without controller?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hello GearSpace!

I've been using UC1 for several months now. It's fantastic.

I've put together an in-depth look at how UC1 works and what you can do with it over on YouTube. Enjoy!

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I feel very sad right now, I bought the native bundle and now you get the controller with the new plugins, so my plugins wich I bought are complete useless right now, am I right???
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilon ➡️
I feel very sad right now, I bought the native bundle and now you get the controller with the new plugins, so my plugins wich I bought are complete useless right now, am I right???
When you use them, they don't work?
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB ➡️
Hold on... You have to OPEN THE PLUGIN WINDOW in the DAW in order for the UC1 to follow?? Isnt that pretty much exactly what you want to avoid?
I've been using UC1 on Logic 10.6.2 and no you don't have to do this at all. Check my video out where I mix a song with my computer screen turned off...
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Your existing license will work with the V2 plugins. Free upgrade to existing owners...
Gear Head

Awesome

..Will it work in Pro Tools?
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
Your existing license will work with the V2 plugins. Free upgrade to existing owners...
That means if I don't buy the controller I still get an free upgrade to the v2 version???
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
So, does the controller jump to the active channel in Logic?
ie: a channel that is selected either by the mouse, UF8 'SEL' button or by turning the Channel knob on the UC1? Do all those 3 things synchronize so that you can select a channel and then control that channels's SSL plugins using the UC1? . . . . . or are they detached from each other . . . .

Quote:
Not standalone at this point. However we have some ideas...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Im impressed!

The updated channel strip and bus comp sounds great! Very 9Kish. I just loaded the SSL 360 software and did a quick 8-track mix. Works extremely well. It seems like a fresh take on CLA MixHub and Console1.

I like it. Also, THANK YOU SSL for providing a free update to your existing customers. I've used SSL hardware and software for years. Its nice to see a free update.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
At the moment it only works with SSL's own plugins, however we are interested to see where the future may take us. There's a lot we can do with 360...
You will sell 1000x Jim if it can also be used as a generic controller. It’s a no brainer really.
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
Mouse and UC1 encoder now.
UF8 "SEL" is an MCU control and at this point does not talk to UC1.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That means if I don't buy the controller I still get an free upgrade to the v2 version???
Yes - I just tried it...awesome new update. Plus I have the 360 plugin up and running without having a UC1 or UC8. It's great! Wow SSL - thanks...I love it! UC1 and UC8 are now on my list for wants I think as far as faders as someone mentioned, I see UC1 being like an attention controller area (like on an S4/S6) and then using the UC8 for faders, panning, etc...
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by syra ➡️
You will sell 1000x Jim if it can also be used as a generic controller. It’s a no brainer really.
Yeah, and we all know it. Unfortunately "generic controller" usually means "overextensive setup that's a bit difficult". My days of transforms in the Logic environment on midi controller is thankfully well past, but we didn't want it to be subject to some restraints of just midi.

We went for "integrated controller" so it was simple to setup and use. Plus, there's a lot that we have planned for 360 that allows us some options.

However, we have a few license partners who make SSL channel strips that may possibly line up well with a UC1 and I have a sweepstake running at work about who's going to mail and ask us first...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Plus, there's a lot that we have planned for 360 that allows us some options.
After doing a quick mix all in 360, I can see its potential. For those of us who learned on boards, this is very refreshing.

I did my entire mix in 360, only going back to add a few effects here and there. I only used the SSL channel strip for the track Filters/EQ/Dynamics. The mix came together quickly and effortlessly.

The updated plug-ins sound great, but i can only image this is just the start for SSL's 360 platform!

Thank you Jim and SSL for a fresh take on having all of the main controls on one screen to quickly work a mix ITB.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yeah, and we all know it. Unfortunately "generic controller" usually means "overextensive setup that's a bit difficult". My days of transforms in the Logic environment on midi controller is thankfully well past, but we didn't want it to be subject to some restraints of just midi.

We went for "integrated controller" so it was simple to setup and use. Plus, there's a lot that we have planned for 360 that allows us some options.

However, we have a few license partners who make SSL channel strips that may possibly line up well with a UC1 and I have a sweepstake running at work about who's going to mail and ask us first...
It would be great to use this with UAD and Luna. This looks fantastic.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Haha nice. That will be great. In the meantime you can always keep the cool features for your ecosystem while also have it double as a generic midi controller with nothing fancy.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benni ➡️
Hello GearSpace!

I've been using UC1 for several months now. It's fantastic.

I've put together an in-depth look at how UC1 works and what you can do with it over on YouTube. Enjoy!

That dudes stream deck macro's are way more interesting than this SSL unit in the video lol. I need to look into that, so many tasks I do a lot in my DAW that just waste time.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmastering ➡️
After doing a quick mix all in 360, I can see its potential. For those of us who learned on boards, this is very refreshing.

I did my entire mix in 360, only going back to add a few effects here and there. I only used the SSL channel strip for the track Filters/EQ/Dynamics. The mix came together quickly and effortlessly.

The updated plug-ins sound great, but i can only image this is just the start for SSL's 360 platform!

Thank you Jim and SSL for a fresh take on having all of the main controls on one screen to quickly work a mix ITB.
Totally agree. Using the channel strip and bus plugins with 360 and it's really nice. This seems like an excellent platform.

The SSL plugins seemed to be kind of on the periphery of SSL's business model for a while, despite almost everyone who used them saying they were great. Now that SSL is focusing more attention on them, the future looks really bright. They have brilliant people working there.

I can't say enough how much I like the 360 window. I definitely want the hardware now.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmelo ➡️
That dudes stream deck macro's are way more interesting than this SSL unit in the video lol. I need to look into that, so many tasks I do a lot in my DAW that just waste time.
I won't distract from the UC1 chat because it's fantastic, I love it and it deserves it's moment, but my god StreamDeck has ascended me to another level of being
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Does look amazing and priced well.

Thanks for the free updates......
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Love this!

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmastering ➡️

What is "360"? Cant see any information how it works with Protools?!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I also would like to know how this and 360 work with Pro Tools.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Seems very well implemented and thankful for the free upgrade. Really happy to see oversampling in the bus comp finally!

I'm sure I'll pick one of the hardware controllers up, but I'll feel torn between the convenience and coolness of using the SSL bus comp plugin vs my real SSL bus comp!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
SSL 360 is software the runs in conjunction with your DAW.

It's very much like Console1, laid out like an SSL 9K and you have full control of all of the tracks using ChannelStripV2 and BusCompV2. Its very nice!

I found it in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JHwoYeRybQ

You dont need the hardware to use SSL360. I love having a virtual console in front of me outside of the DAW to do the mixing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
From watching some videos I can see that, unlike Console1, SSL 360 doesn't feel 'claustrophobic' and restricting in large projects with hundreds of tracks. You don't even have to use it if you don't want to.

If the hardware controller can one day jump to the instance that's on the current channel that you've selected in your DAW, that would be the final piece of the puzzle.

I've been critical of SSL's software development (or lack of) in the past but to me, this is simply better thought out and implemented product than the Softube stuff and in general, it seems to be great product that we've all been wanting for years. Seems like the tech and SSL's software dev's have caught up with what we've all been wanting!

SSL: please bring out a fully fledged transport module! 2-3 x UF8, a UC1 and a 'transport' module with a decent sized jog wheel and proper stop/play controls from the Nucleus or Matrix or such, would be a fantastic modular set up that can be purchased in stages, rather than having to fork out ££££ in one go!

Cheers,

Ed
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
does the SSL Channel have some saturation/drive in the input/output stages or is it totally clean?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith ➡️
From watching some videos I can see that, unlike Console1, SSL 360 doesn't feel 'claustrophobic' and restricting in large projects with hundreds of tracks. You don't even have to use it if you don't want to.

If it can one day jump to the instance that's on the current channel that you've selected in your DAW, that would be the final piece of the puzzle.

I've been critical of SSL's software development (or lack of) in the past but to me, this is simply better thought out and implemented product than the Softube stuff and in general, it seems to be great product that we've all been wanting for years. Seems like the tech and SSL's software dev's have caught up with what we've all been wanting!

SSL: please bring out a fully fledged transport module! 2x UF8, a UC1 and a 'transport' module with a decent sized jog wheel and proper stop/play controls from the Nucleus or Matrix or such, would be a fantastic modular set up that can be purchased in stages, rather than having to fork out ££££ in one go!

Cheers,

Ed
You nailed it!

Some people (like myself) will enjoy a mixing console window to do the mix in while others will be turned off by it. You get both worlds with this. I also like the fact that it doesn't require hardware. Most people are now very mobile and having to carry a controller with you to use the software just is not practical.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…