Quantcast
Rift - A New Type Of Distortion Is Here - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rift - A New Type Of Distortion Is Here
Old 1 week ago
  #61
Lives for gear
 
Entrainer's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Interested.

Online-only authorization and a new developer... what guarantees do you have for your system functioning for the next five years?

I ask because I've been burned before with these types of authorizations where I've purchased expensive software, the company folds, and I can no longer acquire an authorization.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #62
Gear Maniac
 
freezerman's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpizz ➡️
Think of your business model as asking your customers to put down a $75 deposit to demo your plugin. That's a unique process in the plugin market to put it charitably...
Well put. I use plugs from a few key makers and all them provide a way to demo the product. Like you, it usually takes a short amount of time to decide before going ahead or leaving it alone. The process is simple.

Buy then try, then have to deal with returns is not a great choice for a new single plugin company.

On another note, kudos to Minimal Audio as the concept looks amazing! I'll be back when the demo is available as I'm in no rush. Then again, I might have bought it if there'd been a demo to try, you know, ye olde impulse buy.....
Old 1 week ago
  #63
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Hi folks at Minimal Audio! Is there any chance you could show how the songs/audio in the demo videos were made? I'm interested in the movement in the sound that I'm hearing, it would be interesting if you could show how that was done with the plugin maybe? Thanks!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer ➡️
Interested.

Online-only authorization and a new developer... what guarantees do you have for your system functioning for the next five years?

I ask because I've been burned before with these types of authorizations where I've purchased expensive software, the company folds, and I can no longer acquire an authorization.
Hey,

We are committed to maintaining our products for many years to come. This is something we care about deeply as both developers and musicians.

If the company went under, we'd either send out an installer that does not require authorization, or find a way to maintain it and keep it available for our users. We are looking into offline authorization as well.

Best,
Ben
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #65
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansep ➡️
Hi folks at Minimal Audio! Is there any chance you could show how the songs/audio in the demo videos were made? I'm interested in the movement in the sound that I'm hearing, it would be interesting if you could show how that was done with the plugin maybe? Thanks!
Hey!

Are you referring to this Preset Demo?
https://youtu.be/NBzwfSPg5QA

All those presets come with the plugin. I can give you more details about whichever ones you're interested in if you like!

We're also working on some feature walkthroughs and tutorials right now that will show the plugin's advanced view and techniques for using it!
Old 1 week ago
  #66
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Thanks for the response! I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfJvLvO_QCo

I don't know if its done by a 3rd party or whoever but maybe a walkthrough through that project? While I understand the presets, how those sounds were made is interesting for me, don't know if its possible, but worth asking!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansep ➡️
Thanks for the response! I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfJvLvO_QCo

I don't know if its done by a 3rd party or whoever but maybe a walkthrough through that project? While I understand the presets, how those sounds were made is interesting for me, don't know if its possible, but worth asking!
Ah, cool!

The audio was done by our friend Frequent: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrequentAudio

We'll be getting some Rift tutorial videos from him soon. I don't think it will be these specific sounds, though.

He also did a video for Rift Filter Lite, which might give you some insight: https://youtu.be/S5j9EqnI4no

Cheers!
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump