Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➡️
No d-50 here , i wish !! i sold all my HW long time ago , only thing remaining is a Farsifa lol long story ....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
No d-50 here , i wish !! i sold all my HW long time ago , only thing remaining is a Farsifa lol long story ....
Can’t let that go…. Tell the story!!!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Cool and interesting
Gear Head

Quote:
Here we go guyz :

Here's my first minutes with this compressor , pretty impressed how solid this one is !!!

Be sure to watch on youtube for chapters and shortcuts

00:00:00 Intro / plugin tour
00:03:20 Beat Presentation / Use on 808 drum
00:04:40 Regular type setting
00:08:40 Optical mode
00:15:24 GB Mode : All Button on
00:18:38 Optival + GB Mode Combo
00:19:15 GB Mode again !!
00:21:59 Regular compression on master
00:23:11 On Bass synth
00:25:48 Bass / Kick realtionship
00:27:43 Bass : transient handling and depth feeling
00:28:54 Bass + Master comp
00:30:02 Conclusion

Added my conclusion .....
Interesting. So it really sounds good on electronic instruments. I was testing it on acoustic instruments because it's what I used the original HW for. I still keep my opinion that Distrexxor doesn't taste good on acoustic instruments (I prefer Mike-E for this task) but I see that the real deal is with electronic ones.
It can keep everything under control without strange inconsistent artefacts typical for many software compressors.

I'll definitely catch that one during my next GAS episode
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Here we go guyz :

Here's my first minutes with this compressor , pretty impressed how solid this one is !!!

Be sure to watch on youtube for chapters and shortcuts

00:00:00 Intro / plugin tour
00:03:20 Beat Presentation / Use on 808 drum
00:04:40 Regular type setting
00:08:40 Optical mode
00:15:24 GB Mode : All Button on
00:18:38 Optival + GB Mode Combo
00:19:15 GB Mode again !!
00:21:59 Regular compression on master
00:23:11 On Bass synth
00:25:48 Bass / Kick realtionship
00:27:43 Bass : transient handling and depth feeling
00:28:54 Bass + Master comp
00:30:02 Conclusion

Added my conclusion .....
Great showcase of the plug-in Jeezo, the last thing I needed to see is another compressor in action cause I don't have enough from Logic, Waves, Plug-in Alliance, UA, IK, PSP etc etc etc😫
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
By the way testing the D50 because of you , man i fogot how dope it was , and it is way better than its supposed content in zenology
Got a D50 lifetime key

The D50 is one of my all time fav synths.
At some point I had a hardware D50 and a D550 together with the PG1000. Ow and also the VariOS VC-1, which is the D50 emu.

I think Roland just ported the D50 VC1 card and put an, awesome, GUI on it. It looks and works just like the OG PG1000.

One thing what is not often communicated by Roland is that the Cloud D50 is sysex compatible with the PG1000 and D50 roms.

I have 100+ roms in my cloud presetbanks, you can open the .syx and the cloud plug converts it automaticly and you can save them in your presetbanks.

Also when hooking up a OG PG1000 you can use it as a midicontroller for the plugins, since they are sysex compatible.

I agree that the 7days callinghome BS is below par. But since I am hooked on the net 24/7 is hasnt been an issue. (so far)
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septic ➡️
Got a D50 lifetime key

The D50 is one of my all time fav synths.
At some point I had a hardware D50 and a D550 together with the PG1000. Ow and also the VariOS VC-1, which is the D50 emu.

I think Roland just ported the D50 VC1 card and put an, awesome, GUI on it. It looks and works just like the OG PG1000.

One thing what is not often communicated by Roland is that the Cloud D50 is sysex compatible with the PG1000 and D50 roms.

I have 100+ roms in my cloud presetbanks, you can open the .syx and the cloud plug converts it automaticly and you can save them in your presetbanks.

Also when hooking up a OG PG1000 you can use it as a midicontroller for the plugins, since they are sysex compatible.

I agree that the 7days callinghome BS is below par. But since I am hooked on the net 24/7 is hasnt been an issue. (so far)
Thks for the feedback , do you have to actually launch the roland cloud app or just being connected is sufficient for the software to check ?
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic ➡️
Dunno how those artist work with you with that kind of attitude.
You don't sound much like a millenial so let me help you out. For whatever reason I have some degree of knack for it.

I may not be Gucci type extra lit right now, babe, but I feel like.. if attitude is a fact like latitude, then you can literally go to hell 666 degrees down below. Yas? Yas.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic ➡️
Well good for you. I don't need to hear your badmouth either. All the Grammy engineers I know has a humble kind character, never arrogant.

Pertaining to me personally when you don't know me, telling me lazy ( and all millenials) and as if I'm not making good music. You tell me whos the worst between us now.

Good job on your grammies. Now work on your character man. You sounded like an angry teenager to me more than I supposed to be lol. Dunno how those artist work with you with that kind of attitude.
I thought it was obvious j80 was being cheeky?
If they've even been in the same room as a Grammy award I'll eat my five Oscars and three Tonys with my girlfriend Angelina Jolie as my witness.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Yes, I think we need to teach humour, sarcasm and irony at schools, they are becoming extinct.

I am totally serious about that!!!

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, I think we need to teach humour, sarcasm and irony at schools, they are becoming extinct.

I am totally serious about that!!!

Basically at school i teach them that everything they learn here will make them equivalent , the difference is what we don t teach them , they start then to look at me strange ... i start then to enumarete what they learn in lifec: stress management , ability to be kind , comprehensive , dedication to overs , ego cancenlation ect ...

A whole subject if you ask me Tui
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thks for the feedback , do you have to actually launch the roland cloud app or just being connected is sufficient for the software to check ?
It autolaunches at boot in the systemenu. You can open it from there and give your credentials if needed. Or just open it once a week. Thats what I do to check for updates, so it never has to reauthorize. When I am not looking in the rolandcloud app once a week, the plugins reset to demo mode, just open the gui and give PW there. But that is only if the RC app is closed and/or the RCM process is killed in the background

So in short, yes there must be a RCM client open in the background, or the RC app otherwise you must reauthorize in the gui of the plugins once every 7 days.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septic ➡️
It autolaunches at boot in the systemenu. You can open it from there and give your credentials if needed. Or just open it once a week. Thats what I do to check for updates, so it never has to reauthorize. When I am not looking in the rolandcloud app once a week, the plugins reset to demo mode, just open the gui and give PW there. But that is only if the RC app is closed and/or the RCM process is killed in the background

So in short, yes there must be a RCM client open in the background, or the RC app otherwise you must reauthorize in the gui of the plugins once every 7 days.
Thks infos more precise than roland website , they really have to propose at least some like ilok as an option .....crazy ...sorry for the OT , super frustrated here ...
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
T...sorry for the OT , super frustrated here ...
No worries, I'm quietly doing market research learning how they do that process
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

For those of us that produce electronic music, I think there is a certain ‘order’ about ourselves. We like things to be correctly sorted and in the right places. We like clean and minimal setups. We don’t like clutter, and as such bulky installers go against our way of thinking!

It’s a superb product mind, IK! You’re really doing it in 2021, with Comprexxor and the Uno Synth Pro 👍
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidovermoscow ➡️
For those of us that produce electronic music, I think there is a certain ‘order’ about ourselves. We like things to be correctly sorted and in the right places. We like clean and minimal setups. We don’t like clutter, and as such bulky installers go against our way of thinking!
“We..?”

You clearly never saw my keyboardist mate’s studio. He had old, rotten water pipes lying around the studio floor.

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hey guys, one thought here. I already have another distressor-like here and am looking for a second contender for the job (I like to have at least two good plugins for each category, as some may respond in different ways depending on the source).

I normally use it more during the processing stage (post-recording, pre-mixing), for both mono and stereo tracks, to tame some transients and add some color. I liked the way FG-Stress acts, but as I don't have a dongle (and not thinking to buy it in the near future), even with the amazing deal, it's out. So, Comprexxor has become a strong candidate for the post.

Question: does it acts normally in mono tracks too?
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ogre ➡️
Hey guys, one thought here. I already have another distressor-like here and am looking for a second contender for the job (I like to have at least two good plugins for each category, as some may respond in different ways depending on the source).

I normally use it more during the processing stage (post-recording, pre-mixing), for both mono and stereo tracks, to tame some transients and add some color. I liked the way FG-Stress acts, but as I don't have a dongle (and not thinking to buy it in the near future), even with the amazing deal, it's out. So, Comprexxor has become a strong candidate for the post.

Question: does it acts normally in mono tracks too?
Yep it can work on MOno , stereo , dual mono AND Mid side , this is the most capable of all availlable option .

It actually makes it even better for the scenarios you 're descrining , since in the early stages we need tools to shape sounds with a big ability to choose excatly what and how to impact it .... you can prseerv the mid punch and kill sides transients or do the opoosite to give that wideness feeling ect .... just be aware of the cpu hit don't expect to throw this alla other you session unless you have a beast of computer
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You have a real D50..? If you do, hold on to it. There's nothing else like it. Same goes for the M1, it still kicks serious butt.

The only problem with hardware is, you need the space for it.
Truth. I have a D50 and it’s never leaving me. One of my fav synths of all time.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Don't forget there are these tracks you can use to do comparisons of 6 of teh Distressor plugins....

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus.../s-WsWz9WXvsWh
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Pains me to say it, as I don’t want to use the bulky VMR, but Slate’s is my winner in the tests. However I’ve found that in real scenarios with progressive dance tracks, the IK Comprexxor is giving superb results. My current favourite.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This new Comprexxor plugin simply put is amazing! After testing it for a few days i must say i am very impressed. I love how you can get very aggressive with it without destroying the original source, for it preserves much of it well. A very versatile masterpiece and one of IKM's greatest creations IMO. T-Racks Suite is 'King of the beasts' when it comes to Modular Effects plugins/Channelstrips and this latest Comprexxor makes that moreso IMO. What maks it all even better is the fact that i paid close to nothing for Comprexxor since i bought 1800 Gear-Credits for ruffly only around $500 and i think some Jam points many years ago, plus the intro discount. Long live king IK!

Last edited by Sounddesigner; 1 week ago at 05:16 AM..
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How is everyone getting on with this? How is everyone feeling about this one vs the slate.
I really like both companies, but don't like having loads of duplicates. loved the comprexxor demo when I tried it, but slate VMR is starting to look pretty good with recent additions.
It seems they are very similar, but with the IK you can specify how much drive you want, irrespective of input level.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon ➡️
How is everyone getting on with this? How is everyone feeling about this one vs the slate.
I really like both companies, but don't like having loads of duplicates. loved the comprexxor demo when I tried it, but slate VMR is starting to look pretty good with recent additions.
It seems they are very similar, but with the IK you can specify how much drive you want, irrespective of input level.
From my testing I didn't find Complexxor to be as accurate, compared to the Arousor, as FG-Stress. I know Arousor is not designed to be an exact emu of the Distressor, however all the other Distressor plugins I compared were closer to the Arousor than Complexxor is. So I choose to get FG-Stress because of the deep discount offer, coupled with discounts I had I got it for $30. That satisfied my needs for a Distressor plugin for now. But Complexxor has a lot of desirable extra features and also a nice sound too. My current plan is to wait until Complexxor is less expensive and then grab it then. Best of all worlds!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus ➡️
From my testing I didn't find Complexxor to be as accurate, compared to the Arousor, as FG-Stress. I know Arousor is not designed to be an exact emu of the Distressor, however all the other Distressor plugins I compared were closer to the Arousor than Complexxor is. So I choose to get FG-Stress because of the deep discount offer, coupled with discounts I had I got it for $30. That satisfied my needs for a Distressor plugin for now. But Complexxor has a lot of desirable extra features and also a nice sound too. My current plan is to wait until Complexxor is less expensive and then grab it then. Best of all worlds!
So you are testing the accuracy of a plugin with another plugin and not the hardware?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz ➡️
So you are testing the accuracy of a plugin with another plugin and not the hardware?
No. I am just telling you what I did in order to make a puchase decsion. You do whatever you want...

Last edited by plexus; 1 day ago at 06:00 AM..
Old 1 day ago
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
And our T-RackS Comprexxor is not presented as a 1:1 either, we've got the Opto circuit and expanded/different features vs the hardware just to make sure people are aware.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…