Quantcast
Universal Audio Announces API Vision Console Emulation, UAD Software v9.14 and LUNA v1.1.8 - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Announces API Vision Console Emulation, UAD Software v9.14 and LUNA v1.1.8
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyam ➡️
I saw the email today and went to the page and read:

NEW IN THIS VERSION

Updated API® Vision Channel Strip Collection
What's new for the strip ?

EDIT : ok got it , the EQ type and gui lifting ....
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Damn was about to buy the dbx last sale but to tiny , i was like wait until they update it : one week later , tada !!!! :(

Glad for the preamp , can anybody tell me the dsp usage for the preamp , it's 49 $ if you own the strip !!! if only we could use it in C1

Universal audio , could you tell us what's going on on the C1 side and integration , is it abandonned ?
at home the preamp consumes 7% of dsp
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal.robin ➡️
at home the preamp consumes 7% of dsp
Stereo ? Thks looks great the neve was near 20 % (you're talking one dsp ratio , right ?)

Guyz small question , i own the channel strip Vision , is it free update or the collection is a new product and i have to pay 149 $ to get it ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I really think it should be a free update if you own the API vision and API eqs already.
But not too worried
Doesn’t seem like there’s much new there
Gear Nut

Quote:
Stereo ? Thks looks great the neve was near 20 % (you're talking one dsp ratio , right ?)

Guyz small question , i own the channel strip Vision , is it free update or the collection is a new product and i have to pay 149 $ to get it ?
in mono, on the uad site they recently indicated 9% but for me it's 7 on a mono channel. Yes I am talking about percentage of dsp. Thank you for your review on youtube by the way ;-)
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymer ➡️
I really think it should be a free update if you own the API vision and API eqs already.
But not too worried
I own all API stuff ... strange if someone have to pay just to add an eq option that he pruchased also already ...

By the way the preamp is 12.9 % Cpu in stereo

Neve being 21.7 % , so i will certainly jump since it's lighter and i already loved to use it on the strip alone !!

Whole bundle is 174 $ here but i 'm windows so luna stuff are simply uselless ....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Oh boy , really ?
Attached Thumbnails
Universal Audio Announces API Vision Console Emulation, UAD Software v9.14 and LUNA v1.1.8-api-preamp.jpg  
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Demo'ed it. I think it's amazing. bought it. Definitely want that control surface support. I haven't looked at Luna for months. It's gotten much better.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➡️
What is the difference between the original 560 and the 560L?
Thanx
Longer wheelbase
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 ➡️

2)Also did UAD improved any circuitry modelling and better algorithms in this new strip ?

4) If this strip utilises Native CPU and not DSP, can I purchase and use it without any Apollo hardware inside any DAW like any plugin?
Yes, as noted above, there is new modeling in the output section of the strip.

No, in its native form, it's exclusive as a LUNA Extension.
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
What's new for the strip ?

EDIT : ok got it , the EQ type and gui lifting ....
And new output modeling.
Modeled channel output fader
Modeled output buffer amp clipping
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
149 for an Upgrade us really not fair.
49 would be fairly enough, maybe think about that UAD.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymer ➡️
But not too worried
I almost wrote the same last night and decided to wait and see if anyone else piped up. Like you say, we’re not really missing anything but it’d be a nice gesture for UA to give us the new vision strip if we own the separate parts.

Edit: Missed Drew’s/UA’s response - so there is a re-modelled output section.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio ➡️
And new output modeling.
Modeled channel output fader
Modeled output buffer amp clipping
What differences in use could we expect from the new output section vs the old?

Thanks.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Hm, another user here who owns all UAD APIs, and I see no point in updating.
I would if they had included a 525 and the ability to switch between all EQs, including the 550a, like the Lindell 50.

Moreover, while the added DSP load is not too bad, I'd rather not have it at all, especially since I'm personally not a big fan of the way API sounds when pushed. Not being able to turn that off worries me.

I haven't demoed the new version and I am in no hurry, but judging by how UAD handled aliasing in the 1073, 1084 or other, I would not be too surprised if the new API also falls short in that respect.

Does anyone know why UAD filters at 30k and not lower? Oversampling at 192k but only filtering at 30k seems like a waste of DSP to me. As a result, there is quite a number of even newer plugs which alias, some quite a bit.

One more thing, does anyone know what happens with older projects in which the -- now called Legacy -- APIs strip was used? I don't think renaming plugins is a good idea at all, as I don't think any DAW will know how to handle this. Imagine opening an older project using 20 instances of this plugin. If I am not mistaken, the DAW won't even try to load these plugins, let alone set the parameters correctly. Quite scary.

Anyway, to sum it up, had UAD at least included a 525 in the collection, I would cautiously consider updating.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
saw API Vision UPDATE and for a second silly me thought it might be free for existing owners

This is partly why I'm not buying UA plugins anymore after being a customer for over 15yrs and thousands of $ spent. Nowadays there are way too many other plugin companies around who are much friendlier with the updates & upgrades paths and even throw us freebies sometimes. UA's only "acts of kindness" towards their long time customers are heavily marketed seasonal sales . This is just bad business imho.
Gear Nut

Silly me thought I had a free upgrade, turns out it's 149 USD just to remove the word Legacy from my fav API Vision CS

Not discounting the work UA peeps have put into this, but 149 really rubs most of us wrong. I don't think we're gonna jump on it.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarrova ➡️
The 'updated' Vision strip (difference with the old version: switchable EQ modules and expertly modeled output section) comes up as 149 euro. That's too steep for me but maybe not for others?

I already paid that amount (or even more) for the 'original' Vision strip. Doubling that amount for the different EQ and (maybe slightly better?) updated output modelling would be ridiculous.

Edit: I even forgot to mention I also own the 560 plugin so yeah, 149 really is too high for me!
Hello mate, so I bought the Preamp with voucher so paid £19. This then brought the entire API bundle down to £75 which I got with the thank you voucher. Bringing the whole bundle - Luna and Updated Vision to £55. a bargain overall. Before I purchased the preamp it was showing as £299 for the API bundle
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans ➡️
I never normally complain but I have literally ‘everything’ UAD including all the API plugins and all the Luna extensions. If I want to use the new API Luna bundle, I need to spend £130 but if I want the UAD collection I also have to spend another £130.

Can’t really tell what I’d gain for spending that. Is it really just the output section and the updated strip workflow?

It doesn’t seem right that you have to purchase twice if you’re using the Luna API collection but want to use your available DSP to run the plugins instead - is this really correct? Currently, I have more DSP power than native CPU power.

Also, most of my work is still done in other DAWs - so feels a bit much to have to buy the API collection ‘again’ if I permanently moved to Luna in the future?!!!
If you get the API complete collection it includes the UAD and Luna extensions as well. I brought it yesterday and this is how it worked for me!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i thought the api vision (legacy) did output fader emulation the whole time haha, i guess it was just a clean output trim with preamp emu

im guessing they added what they did with the api luna summing into the channel strip plugin - pretty cool

price is pretty steep, but its what they charged for the ssl channel strip update too

im probably going to upgrade for the output emulation since im not going to use luna for summing anytime soon

my only wish is for UA to do a api 525 fet comp plugin
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_maple1 ➡️
If you get the API complete collection it includes the UAD and Luna extensions as well. I brought it yesterday and this is how it worked for me!
The API Complete Collection DOES NOT include the LUNA Console Emulation. That has to be purchased separately. UA has clarified that. If it worked for you, you're lucky.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wait a second? The entire UAD API lineup running native for 175€? That'll be 125€ with a coupon sooner than later..

I really don't get people complaining

The most tragic part is, nobody has posted anything about how the new stuff sounds Typical GS UAD thread I was expecting something very different.. at least a few comments along the lines of "The first virtual API ITB console, tried it, sounds great, this will be a game changer" or something to that effect but instead we get endless bickering about not getting free stuff

I already invested in the Luna API summing so this will be a no-brainer upgrade once some discounts/coupons arrive.. And once Luna gets video support I'll jump right on board
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
Wait a second? The entire UAD API lineup running native for 175€?
A very restrictive “Native” as will only run in Luna.

If it’s not the dsp it’s the sequencer
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Wait a second? The entire UAD API lineup running native for 175€? That'll be 125€ with a coupon sooner than later..

The most tragic part is, nobody has posted anything about how the new stuff sounds Typical GS UAD thread I was expecting something very different.. at least a few comments along the lines of "The first virtual API ITB console, tried it, sounds great, this will be a game changer" or something to that effect but instead we get endless bickering about not getting free stuff

I already invested in the Luna API summing so this will be a no-brainer upgrade once some discounts/coupons arrive.. And once Luna gets video support I'll jump right on board
We’ll I’m afraid I won’t test it to comment when they’re asking for $149 to get the modelling on the output fader ?!

I’ve purchased every API product from UA and so will use this space to say I think their upgrade path is unreasonable.

It’s not bickering, and it’s certainly not asking for free stuff. Note the many companies in our sector who do this right.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredouli ➡️
We’ll I’m afraid I won’t test it to comment when they’re asking for $149 to get the modelling on the output fader ?!

I’ve purchased every API product from UA and so will use this space to say I think their upgrade path is unreasonable.

It’s not bickering, and it’s certainly not asking for free stuff. Note the many companies in our sector who do this right.
+1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

The whole reason that ‘most’ of us haven’t commented on the sonics is that we’ve already got 99.9% of what’s new so nothing to add! The ‘only’ complaint is spending £130/$149 for new output modelling on the strip.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredouli ➡️

Agree
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws1 ➡️
The API Complete Collection DOES NOT include the LUNA Console Emulation. That has to be purchased separately. UA has clarified that. If it worked for you, you're lucky.
It does include it.
Attached Thumbnails
Universal Audio Announces API Vision Console Emulation, UAD Software v9.14 and LUNA v1.1.8-screenshot-2021-05-12-3.35.03-pm.jpg  
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekstMusick ➡️
It does include it.
The Luna API Console Emulation includes the API Complete Collection.

The API Complete Collection does not includes the Luna API Console Emulation.

Yeah, it's very confusing. Especially because the "Complete" is not the most complete one.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quick update: I demoed both the new API Vision Channel Strip (I have the 'legacy) and the new C Vox noise reduction plugin. It was only for half an hour but the impressions I got were:

API update is definitely nothing to write home about. I completely agree now that if you already own UAD API stuff the price really isnt worth what you get. I wont be purchasing the upgrade as the legacy aint broke, the additions add but not really.

As for the C Vox, I liked it a lot and used it creatively on different source material - reminded me of Gullfoss for taming and opening up frequencies with its super fast spectral band dynamic eq work that appears to be going behind the scenes. It was good at taming but yeah quite limited controls actually and for the price $349 its really steep as well. Completely felt that the lack of an output trim knob was a workflow stopper as the knobs make things quieter and no way to compensate with levels. So Id say its not worth the asking price when you have great alternatives, though I did feel C Vox would be nice to have for what it does, just not quite enough control and not at that price.

Last comment, I was super happy to know there was a larger Gui for DBX160 but was underwhelmed by the still rather small size with no way to stretch or scale the gui further. The mix knob is TINY too. I dont understand why that decision is made on a plugin. I want to click with comfort not to squint and hope I clicked in the bullseye radius of the mix knob. Anyway just my thoughts.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…