Quantcast
Universal Audio Announces API Vision Console Emulation, UAD Software v9.14 and LUNA v1.1.8 - Page 26 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Announces API Vision Console Emulation, UAD Software v9.14 and LUNA v1.1.8
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
man i dont know why but I ended up with the 6+2 bundle
This doesn’t surprise me 🤣.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio ➡️
Indeed, it's been a bit complex shall we say!!
I ended up buying one of the few Api items I didn't already own - the EQ collection, only to find it had no impact on my Vision Console offer.

I feel it has unnecessarily handicapped fully onboard Luna users. If I owned the Vision Console I would never use the Api Pre-Amp, the Api Summing or the Vision Channel Strip, as they all come with the Console version. So asking people like me to buy all those plus again (I already owned the Vision strip - now 'Legacy'), just to get a decent upgrade price on the Console, then never use what we've bought again - is nuts.
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso ➡️
I ended up buying one of the few Api items I didn't already own - the EQ collection, only to find it had no impact on my Vision Console offer.

I feel it has unnecessarily handicapped fully onboard Luna users. If I owned the Vision Console I would never use the Api Pre-Amp, the Api Summing or the Vision Channel Strip, as they all come with the Console version. So asking people like me to buy all those plus again (I already owned the Vision strip - now 'Legacy'), just to get a decent upgrade price on the Console, then never use what we've bought again - is nuts.
Sorry that happened, it's all explained here:
https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...ions-Explained

If you want, get a ticket open with support and post the # here. II will get you a refund ASAP.

The point of buying the pieces using the sale is to save money, which it does. You're not buying anything twice.

And when you use the LUNA API Console, you ARE using the UAD plugins as soon as you rec enable a track.
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by justifiednoise ➡️
They still get to make plugins that are chained into an environment they can control pretty heavily, but by utilizing the power of current processors already built into the computer they can suddenly offer 'unlimited' instances of plugins that used to fill up one entire SHARC processor's load.
Except their "native" Ampex plugin is not sounding the same as the one running on their DSP cards.

It was revealed that transformer emulation from DSP version didn't made it to Native (Luna) format. Possibly because of performance and delay which it would introduce to a signal path.

I could see myself using their native plugins in Luna only if they were 1:1 port, but not crippled ones.
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barada ➡️
Except their "native" Ampex plugin is not sounding the same as the one running on their DSP cards.

It was revealed that transformer emulation from DSP version didn't made it to Native (Luna) format. Possibly because of performance and delay which it would introduce to a signal path.

I could see myself using their native plugins in Luna only if they were 1:1 port, but not crippled ones.
This is/was a bug that will be fixed in 1.1.9 coming this Monday.

Anything that is ported is sonically 1:1.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
BTW I ended up filling one slot of my C-Vox induced 3+1 bundle with the Putnam Mic Collection for the Townsend Labs Sphere L22. The Townsend Labs mic modelling system and C Vox go well together.

I really hesitated on the Putnam Mic Collection purchase and didn't buy the Ocean Way Mic Collection so far because an update for them is expected to bring some new features of the core plugin to the two UAD exclusive mic collection plugins. And I am scared of the update policy/ pricing as these are carrying the UAD branding.
Do you use the reflection filter that came with the Townsend Sphere 1.5 update? Was wondering if they'd clash, I haven't been able to try it yet.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by moirearty ➡️
Do you use the reflection filter that came with the Townsend Sphere 1.5 update? Was wondering if they'd clash, I haven't been able to try it yet.
I tried them together briefly, seems to work well
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
C-vox works really really good. Its better then RX8
Compared to RX as well, c-vox completely blew me away and had to pick it up!

Hoping there more c-suite stuff coming out in the future!
Old 23 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide ➡️
Compared to RX as well, c-vox completely blew me away and had to pick it up!

Hoping there more c-suite stuff coming out in the future!
As many alternatives as possible to Izotope is very welcome. Subscriptions suck.
Old 11 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
This is/was a bug that will be fixed in 1.1.9 coming this Monday.

Anything that is ported is sonically 1:1.
Well you'll have a hard time convincing me it was a bug.

More likely rushed release with no transformer included. Because I know that you have high profile beta team. So I am having a hard time accepting that none of your beta testers didn't noticed one of the major highlights missing from the emulation.

Anyway I won't complain to your release. Ampex is one of the reason people should try UAD - imho.
Old 9 hours ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I bought the API Console emulation after demoing it and using it on some current projects.
It sounds fantastic and I love the workflow of not having popup windows and being able to just tweak right there in every channel.

I can get very close to a finished mix with just the API Console emulation… I do like to use FabFilter Q3 on instrument groups in mid-side to make room for the vocal … but other than that and maybe some noise reduction … its pretty complete
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The point of buying the pieces using the sale is to save money, which it does. You're not buying anything twice.

And when you use the LUNA API Console, you ARE using the UAD plugins as soon as you rec enable a track.
Well maybe this is where I'm confused.
If I have Vision Console on every track in Luna, why would I ever need the standalone Vision Channel, or the Api Pre-amp or the Api EQ?

If you are a UAD user who splits their workflow between another DAW and Luna I could see why you would need both. This is why I said dedicated Luna users are disadvantaged.
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
If you want, get a ticket open with support and post the # here. II will get you a refund ASAP.
Thanks. I just need the original Vision Channel to the new Vision Channel upgrade instead of the EQ collection.
Ticket: #547272
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
LAU
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Luna M1

Is there any info on when Luna is available for M1 Mac ?
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barada ➡️
Well you'll have a hard time convincing me it was a bug.

More likely rushed release with no transformer included. Because I know that you have high profile beta team. So I am having a hard time accepting that none of your beta testers didn't noticed one of the major highlights missing from the emulation.

Anyway I won't complain to your release. Ampex is one of the reason people should try UAD - imho.
The Extension should have had the transformer modeling on all the time. The UAD plugin allows the user to toggle it on/off. At the end of the development cycle it ended up off and that was the bug.

Sometimes things get missed, we're all human.
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Well maybe this is where I'm confused.
If I have Vision Console on every track in Luna, why would I ever need the standalone Vision Channel, or the Api Pre-amp or the Api EQ?

If you are a UAD user who splits their workflow between another DAW and Luna I could see why you would need both. This is why I said dedicated Luna users are disadvantaged.
The API 500 series EQs aren't part of this.

When you turn on console emulation in LUNA, it is made up the 212 Preamp and the Vision strip and the 2500 on buses. When the track is not rec enabled, the 212 goes away and the rest automatically switches to native processing. As soon as you rec enable a track, the 212 goes into the Unison slot, and a UAD DSP version of the Vision strip is created for low latency monitoring. Same for buses, a native 2500 is used for playback buses, and a DSP version of the 2500 is used for ARM auxes.

LUNA users are not disadvantaged in any way.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if there are follow up questions.
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks. I just need the original Vision Channel to the new Vision Channel upgrade instead of the EQ collection.
Ticket: #547272
Thanks. I alerted CS to your situation and they should help get you what you need to trigger the LUNA Bundle.
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamad ➡️
I bought the API Console emulation after demoing it and using it on some current projects.
It sounds fantastic and I love the workflow of not having popup windows and being able to just tweak right there in every channel.

I can get very close to a finished mix with just the API Console emulation… I do like to use FabFilter Q3 on instrument groups in mid-side to make room for the vocal … but other than that and maybe some noise reduction … its pretty complete
Thanks for the report! Glad to hear you're enjoying.
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAU ➡️
Is there any info on when Luna is available for M1 Mac ?
LUNA is running great on M1s minus a crash that's occurring with LUNA Instruments. There is also a memory leak that impacts some users, but not others.

This is all in Rosetta2 of course. We continue to work on native support of M1s and will announce when we're ready. No timetable to mention at this time, thanks for your patience.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…