dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr ➡️
Hi,

on your homepage you say you support Beyerdynamic DT 880 (32, 250, 600 Ohm, Pro 250 Ohn, Edition)
I have 880 Edition, but can only select 880 Pro (even after refresh). Are they really the same curve? Or am I doing something wrong.
For my DT 1990 I see also a selection of 3 different pads, but not for 880?

Thanks!
The spread between responses of different pieces of 880 pro 250 ohms is the same as the spread between different modifications of DT 880, so we found no reasons to make different curves for 880.
unr
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dSONIQ ➡️
The spread between responses of different pieces of 880 pro 250 ohms is the same as the spread between different modifications of DT 880, so we found no reasons to make different curves for 880.
Ok I see. I'm using the 880 Pro profile since some months, seemed to me I had to add about 1 db of high shelf through the EQ, then it was good sounding. Just thought there would be different curves as Sonarworks and Sienna have them.
Here for the gear

Many thanks for taking the time and the detailed explanation @ dSONIQ . Really appreciate it.

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just took the plunge to correct my LCD-1 as I might not be able to use the Amphions as mych as I wish in the next few weeks. I’m looking for the most neutral setting, so I thought 75% freq. correction and pressure, no room simulation nor additional EQ would do. I have to tweak angle / HRTF further, can’t tell yet how useful it’ll be here ?
Any pointers / tips from fellows with the same headphones ? Or, as the dev seems to appreciate the Audeze, from @ dsonic ?
Thanks !
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman ➡️
Just took the plunge to correct my LCD-1 as I might not be able to use the Amphions as mych as I wish in the next few weeks. I’m looking for the most neutral setting, so I thought 75% freq. correction and pressure, no room simulation nor additional EQ would do. I have to tweak angle / HRTF further, can’t tell yet how useful it’ll be here ?
Any pointers / tips from fellows with the same headphones ? Or, as the dev seems to appreciate the Audeze, from @ dsonic ?
Thanks !

Hi!
For dry neutral sound I recommend you to go to Easy Mode, load "Big Fat Bottom - Dry" monitoring bank, Set environment to 50% and play with it.

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-05_10-07-39.png

According to our investigations, a slight Low-frequency boost is needed in most cases for neutral impressions.

After you find the best settings, you can switch Easy Mode off and play with Response, Density, Warmth and HRTF parameters.

The flattest sound you will get when you turn everything off and activate Angle - 90 degrees. According to my impressions this is too flat, but may work for you.
Attached Thumbnails
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-05_10-07-39.png  

Last edited by dSONIQ; 1 week ago at 08:39 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

New update looks nice, I'm glad to see active development, I remembering likeing the NS10s on this, I have to revisit this plugin.

I would like to ask headphone advise.

What are your opinions on AKG712 and DT1990?

Does DT1990 have a wide soundstage like AKG712? I'd like to upgrade headphones and heard DT1990 one of best from previous thread, but I love AKG signature wide sound stage. Maybe I will have to get both lol
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by konokoknk ➡️
New update looks nice, I'm glad to see active development, I remembering likeing the NS10s on this, I have to revisit this plugin.

I would like to ask headphone advise.

What are your opinions on AKG712 and DT1990?

Does DT1990 have a wide soundstage like AKG712? I'd like to upgrade headphones and heard DT1990 one of best from previous thread, but I love AKG signature wide sound stage. Maybe I will have to get both lol

1990 has a wide soundstage and much higher resolution. But the head comfort is much better with K712.

If you like lightness and softness of K712 and want the upgrade with similar character you can also look forward to Ollo S4x. They are lightweight and have magic airy space inside.
Gear Head

Great update! Realphones is the only software which let´s me listen in high volumes and I don´t get any ear fatigue. Helps to check how music sounds loud and to check the feeling of bass. "Easy mode" is very practical, no need for my own presets anymore.

Dried/Normal/Live and Brightness are very useful.

Hope for the mac m1/bigsur standalone version next!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quick request - since Easy Mode and the regular mode are the same parameters and engine but just a different interface, it'd be nice if one could save the settings one likes in Easy Mode as snapshots into regular mode.

For example, I noted your post above saying "For dry neutral sound I recommend you to go to Easy Mode, load "Big Fat Bottom - Dry" monitoring bank, Set environment to 50% and play with it.". I tried the Big Fat Bottom - Dried bank in Easy Mode and liked it, but I would like to be able to save that snapshot of settings into my regular mode bank and access the same settings within regular mode. As it stands right now, I'd probably have to manually note down and copy the settings.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphenetre ➡️
Quick request - since Easy Mode and the regular mode are the same parameters and engine but just a different interface, it'd be nice if one could save the settings one likes in Easy Mode as snapshots into regular mode.

For example, I noted your post above saying "For dry neutral sound I recommend you to go to Easy Mode, load "Big Fat Bottom - Dry" monitoring bank, Set environment to 50% and play with it.". I tried the Big Fat Bottom - Dried bank in Easy Mode and liked it, but I would like to be able to save that snapshot of settings into my regular mode bank and access the same settings within regular mode. As it stands right now, I'd probably have to manually note down and copy the settings.
Uhh, you mean the settings I make in easy mode won't take over to regular mode?
Gear Nut

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oper ➡️
Uhh, you mean the settings I make in easy mode won't take over to regular mode?
I just re-read the post by DSoniq earlier on this page and realised I missed the fact that settings/changes made in Easy Mode transfer directly into the current state in regular mode. Sorry I missed that!
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I just re-read the post by DSoniq earlier on this page and realised I missed the fact that settings/changes made in Easy Mode transfer directly into the current state in regular mode. Sorry I missed that!
@ Phosphenetre , that's tight it is possible to switch from Easy to Advanced.

We can incorporate importing Easy Sets into advanced mode with the next build. Will it be convenient?

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-photo_2021-05-06_22-10-09.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-photo_2021-05-06_22-10-09.jpg  
Gear Nut

Quote:
@ Phosphenetre , that's tight it is possible to switch from Easy to Advanced.

We can incorporate importing Easy Sets into advanced mode with the next build. Will it be convenient?

Yes, I'd upvote being able to import sets across Easy and regular modes.

But on that note, please add a way to re-order snapshots within whatever mode one is currently in? That's one thing that I find needs improvement in the current snapshot system. To re-order snapshots right now (as far as I can tell), one has to first load the source snapshot, and overwrite the destination snapshot with the 'Take Snapshot' menu option. This obviously erases the snapshot that previously was in the target slot.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech ➡️
Great update! Realphones is the only software which let´s me listen in high volumes and I don´t get any ear fatigue. Helps to check how music sounds loud and to check the feeling of bass. "Easy mode" is very practical, no need for my own presets anymore.

Dried/Normal/Live and Brightness are very useful.

Hope for the mac m1/bigsur standalone version next!

We are glad to hear that Realphones bass response is helphul for you. It was a part of our investigation to recreate feeling of bass throgh lo freq harmonics.

Dried/Normal/Live is our implementation of purified near/mid/far monitors response without frequency limitations of real-life systems.

Reduced ear fatigue tells that our measurements are corresponding to human ear perception.

We are glad to announce we have started working on M1 compatibility. It is not fast, but we made first steps. M1 compatibility is included into our release schedule.

Last edited by dSONIQ; 2 days ago at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Errors
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I've been using Realphones for a week now and I have to say it's amazing! It's working really well with all my headphones, the ATH-R70x, ATH-M50 and even the Slate VSX headphones without software.

Especially with the R70x the sound is just right for me with correction at 75% and one of the more dry options from the Easy mode with Environment at 50%. I did try to tweak some of the more advanced options (I seem to prefer the HRTF at 33% and the Angle between 75° and 90°) but just turning down the Environment slider in Easy Mode usually tends to intelligently set those parameters around my preference. The only thing missing from the Easy mode IMO is the more advanced functions from the monitor control section. But really the best thing about Realphones is that I can reliably make EQ and balance choices and mix for a long time without ear fatigue that I tend to get from the closed back alternatives.

@ dSONIC since you seem knowledgeable about headphones, do you think I would benefit switching my R70x to HD600 or HD650? I have been enjoying the bass response on the Audio Technicas but I'm wondering if there would be any alternatives in a similar price range that would handle the correction even better.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villberg ➡️
I've been using Realphones for a week now and I have to say it's amazing! It's working really well with all my headphones, the ATH-R70x, ATH-M50 and even the Slate VSX headphones without software.

Especially with the R70x the sound is just right for me with correction at 75% and one of the more dry options from the Easy mode with Environment at 50%. I did try to tweak some of the more advanced options (I seem to prefer the HRTF at 33% and the Angle between 75° and 90°) but just turning down the Environment slider in Easy Mode usually tends to intelligently set those parameters around my preference. The only thing missing from the Easy mode IMO is the more advanced functions from the monitor control section. But really the best thing about Realphones is that I can reliably make EQ and balance choices and mix for a long time without ear fatigue that I tend to get from the closed back alternatives.

@ dSONIC since you seem knowledgeable about headphones, do you think I would benefit switching my R70x to HD600 or HD650? I have been enjoying the bass response on the Audio Technicas but I'm wondering if there would be any alternatives in a similar price range that would handle the correction even better.
Given the fact that you use Realphones correction, there is no significant bass response improvement in switching Audio-Technica R-70x to Sennheiser 600 and 650. These headphones are about the same overall sound quality.

In a similar price range there are several models you may consider: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro, AKG K712 Pro, Sennheiser HD 650. In this list DT 990 Pro has the best bass response, but the difference is still not significant.

If you want to tangibly improve the bass response you need to think about buying the more expensive headphones.
For example, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro are the premium follow-up of DT 990 Pro, they give you wider frequency response and a better feel of dynamics of the audio signals.

Ollo Audio S4X are also a good option for upgrading from R70x. They are quite similar in terms of the fitting and softness of a sound.

Finally, there are Audeze LCD-1 but you may have to get used to them. Perception of the sound of headphones is very subjective, so we don’t recommend buying without listening.

Glad that you noticed how efficient Environment slider is! It really controls a lot of parameters and 50% level performs a good ratio of emulation depth to coloration.

Thank you for your interest in our product!
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for the detailed response! I've been looking up many of the headphones you mentioned. I have to say I'm quite happy with how the R70x performs, so maybe I would benefit more from keeping them and at some point trying out a completely different angle on monitoring ie. the LCD-1's planar magnetic drivers, since they distort less and have better transient detail than "regular" headphones. Judging from all the reviews they also seem flatter than the more expensive LCD-2. And LCD-X.. eh, I'd have to win a lottery to get those in the near future!

Either way, I'm in no rush currently since Realphones can get me results with my current phones as well
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

@ dSONIC
I use realphones with my shure 940. I wanted to ask you guys how would you rate these headphones?

Has anyone else worked with these headphones?
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Just installed latest update.

Is easy mode so easy that we only get one pair of monitors?

Can’t seem to access any other speakers so went back to non easy mode....
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Just installed latest update.

Is easy mode so easy that we only get one pair of monitors?

Can’t seem to access any other speakers so went back to non easy mode....

Dear @ GBP , could you tell can you tell in more detail, what you mean, please?
There is a selection of 30 monitoring setups in easy mode. Did these pictures help you?

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_19-43-55.jpg

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_19-44-59.jpg

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_19-45-20.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_19-43-55.jpg   dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_19-44-59.jpg   dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_19-45-20.jpg  
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow I will take another look.

What I meant was in the normal version I can press any of the 3 speakers to hear from that one or press the arrow and it will select the next speaker and go around in a circle between them. Ie: mains, mids and nears.

In easy mode I couldn’t find a way to move between the 3 speakers, although I couldn’t see all of them. Could only see 1 mains I think?

So I just moved back. Didn’t give it too much time or thought...
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Wow I will take another look.

What I meant was in the normal version I can press any of the 3 speakers to hear from that one or press the arrow and it will select the next speaker and go around in a circle between them. Ie: mains, mids and nears.

In easy mode I couldn’t find a way to move between the 3 speakers, although I couldn’t see all of them. Could only see 1 mains I think?

So I just moved back. Didn’t give it too much time or thought...

Yeah, in advanced mode you can scroll the ambience here.
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-14-02.jpg

In the Easy Mode switching is made by buttons on the front panel

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-15-24.jpg

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-24-02.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-15-24.jpg   dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-14-02.jpg   dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-24-02.jpg  
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah, in advanced mode you can scroll the ambience here.
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-14-02.jpg

In the Easy Mode switching is made by buttons on the front panel

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-15-24.jpg

dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-2021-05-11_20-24-02.jpg
Ah right, it defaults to “big fat bottom”.

I understand now looking at “ real studio 1 “ profile. Back to normality!

Thanks 🤩
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

I have tinnitus and working with headphones is very difficult. I can only use headphones for a few minutes at a time.
I have a pair of AKG K-702 and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770. (I actually don't use the DT-770 for mixing).
Would Realphones be a good tool for me to check my eq work ... mostly the low end?
My room is okay acoustic, but it's small so the low end/sub is hard to judge.
Old 21 hours ago
Here for the gear

The perception of low-frequency sounds depends not only on the frequency response of headphones but also on the binaural and room effects, which we took into account in Realphones. And the vibrations of the body also contribute to the perception of the bottom end. We emulate this with a harmonic generator.

There are several monitoring setups Realphones is to help you evaluate low frequencies. To do this, we recommend the following: Big Fat Bottom - Dried/Normal/Live, Real Studio - Far/Mid, Mix Elements - Groove, and Spectrum - Sub setups. The last two are designed to extend the low-frequency performance. It helps to focus on them.

As for the headphones, most likely, control of the lower mids and upper bass will be more comfortable with AKG K702. For sub-bass, Beyerdynamic DT 770 with Realphones correction will do a better job.

The experience of using any software is very individual, we hope that our recommendations will help you, please try our free 41-trial and you will be able to draw your own conclusions. Judging by the feedback from our customers, ear fatigue is greatly reduced and they can work with headphones for longer.
Attached Thumbnails
dSONIQ updates Realphones to 1.7 with Easy Mode - set up your headphone studio in just a few clicks-gearspace_reply-1-.jpg  
Old 20 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dSONIQ Support ➡️
The perception of low-frequency sounds depends not only on the frequency response of headphones but also on the binaural and room effects, which we took into account in Realphones. And the vibrations of the body also contribute to the perception of the bottom end. We emulate this with a harmonic generator.

There are several monitoring setups Realphones is to help you evaluate low frequencies. To do this, we recommend the following: Big Fat Bottom - Dried/Normal/Live, Real Studio - Far/Mid, Mix Elements - Groove, and Spectrum - Sub setups. The last two are designed to extend the low-frequency performance. It helps to focus on them.

As for the headphones, most likely, control of the lower mids and upper bass will be more comfortable with AKG K702. For sub-bass, Beyerdynamic DT 770 with Realphones correction will do a better job.

The experience of using any software is very individual, we hope that our recommendations will help you, please try our free 41-trial and you will be able to draw your own conclusions. Judging by the feedback from our customers, ear fatigue is greatly reduced and they can work with headphones for longer.
Thanks for your kind and great answer. I will try this plugin later to night :-)
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dSONIQ Support ➡️

What are your headphone recommendations for sub and upper bass and lower mids? Great info in this thread.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…