Softube unveils the Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer - Page 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube unveils the Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #271
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tapehead ➡️
Personally, I'd prefer they fix the GUI resizing and blurry text/image of all their back catalogue before moving on to a new plugin. Take DS-1 Mk3, for example, such a wasted oportunity with the constraints of 2u rack dimensions. Terrible design choice for a plugin.

if they sort that out, I'd like to see them tackle something like CS-80, or 60 or some such behemoth synth..
I agree, but its also the reason that they've released the Weiss Comp, De-Esser and MM-1, so the same algorithms can be used in a better GUI. Don't think that will ever change for the DS-1. On Mac it's not so blurry, but agree that it looks like a short-term compromise on how the resizing is handled
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junolab ➡️
I agree, but its also the reason that they've released the Weiss Comp, De-Esser and MM-1, so the same algorithms can be used in a better GUI. Don't think that will ever change for the DS-1. On Mac it's not so blurry, but agree that it looks like a short-term compromise on how the resizing is handled
I've read on the other forum that at least on some Mac systems there is no blurry text/image problem and that everything looks crisp when resized. Sadly that's not the case with Windows based systems. Softube acknowledged this and hopefully we will get an update. But like someone said earlier, their updates are rare and almost always coincide with a new plugin release.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #273
Here for the gear
 
45 presets for Model 84 from Matt Johnson are now available from the Softube site. Some very useable sounds in there. Scroll down the page to find them:

https://www.softube.com/model-84-pol...tyF58Jr7B8i9qY

There were no install instructions, so this is how I did it.

Open Model 84 and select 'Open preset collection' from the preset dropdown. From this new window, click the three dots at the top right and select 'import preset(s)', choose the downloaded file, and hit ok.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #274
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylverstone ➡️
45 presets for Model 84 from Matt Johnson are now available from the Softube site. Some very useable sounds in there. Scroll down the page to find them:

https://www.softube.com/model-84-pol...tyF58Jr7B8i9qY

There were no install instructions, so this is how I did it.

Open Model 84 and select 'Open preset collection' from the preset dropdown. From this new window, click the three dots at the top right and select 'import preset(s)', choose the downloaded file, and hit ok.
Thanks for both the head's up and the instructions!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #275
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
Thanks for both the head's up and the instructions!
No problem. In fairness, the instructions may well be in the manual, but who reads the manual for a Juno 106?
Old 1 week ago
  #276
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Matt Johnson´s presets are a great example of how the plugin reacts to the physical action of a keyboard. I wished he didn´t use his Kronos to program them which I think he used.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #277
Lives for gear
 
Stormchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi ➡️
Matt Johnson´s presets are a great example of how the plugin reacts to the physical action of a keyboard. I wished he didn´t use his Kronos to program them which I think he used.
Why would his keyboard be a factor? The plugin doesn't have an adjustable velocity curve.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #278
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild ➡️
Why would his keyboard be a factor? The plugin doesn't have an adjustable velocity curve.
It offers velocity and aftertouch in a hidden setting which opens with many of Matt´s presets. The Matsu****a keybed in the original unit is very fast from my memory. I prefer my Komplete M32 over my Roland A800 Pro at any setting with the plugin.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #279
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
"Matsu****a"

Old 6 days ago
  #280
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
It's not like this is emulating a grand piano.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #281
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend ➡️
It's not like this is emulating a grand piano.
Piano is so overated !! Long live synths !!!
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump