Quantcast
Gearspace.com and TBProAudio announce GSat+ FREE Advanced Saturation Plug-In - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Gearspace.com and TBProAudio announce GSat+ FREE Advanced Saturation Plug-In
Old 1 week ago
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Smile

Hi all

From the first phone call to the last Thomas from TBProAudio was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thomas, Diogo and I spent many, many hours chatting over the past couple months about different ideas, music and everything in between. He embraced our ideas and made everything so straight forward and painless.

So, on behalf of the Gearspace.com staff and the whole community I’d like to thank Thomas for making GSat+ come to life and we hope you all enjoy the plugin!

Go and check out TBProAudio's other products when you have the opportunity, you never know what you might see. They have some other cool freebies available too!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Awesome! thank you. Lovely how it's also easy on the CPU.
Downloading & trying later
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi and thanks for this plugin.

I have a SSE4.2 capable CPU an opengl 3.3 capable GPU and a Win OS that meets the requirements but the meters section is blank and the clipper knob as well though it remains usable.

Otherwise it's a really great sounding and features rich saturator

Last edited by thegreatnatas; 1 week ago at 05:36 PM.. Reason: forgot to specify OS
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
This is a very fine piece of kit!

I am loving a little bit of this on a lot of tracks much more than a lot on a few tracks. To me, it adds an extremely pleasing analog console feel, and small amounts add up to very refined sound. To me, at least.

Great tone and very easy on the resources.

Thanks again TBProAudio and Gearspace!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Very nice little plugin! Thanks TBproAudio and Gearspace for this!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Many thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
It's an incredible offer from both the GS team and one of the most engaged and professional developers around, TB Pro. Thank you very much!

I have one question though: When I save a preset it doesn't include the output knob value. Is it how it's supposed to be?
(I'm on Studio One 4/ Win10 64)
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr ➡️
I have one question though: When I save a preset it doesn't include the output knob value. Is it how it's supposed to be?
Thank you. We will check this.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I've been registered here for 5 years and this is my second comment)) I mostly just read here. I want to thank the community and the TBProAudio company! This is a great plugin. I especially like the FLUCTUATION parameter — you can add subtle movement and unpredictability, randomness to your tracks. Thank you so much!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Thanks TB and GS! Wonderful plug. Also, for those wanting to check out more from TB, I use DSEQ on just about everything. It's a miracle worker on suppressing ringing/ unwanted overtones/ de-essing/ just bad noise mixed in with the good noises.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I tried to love it, but I ended up letting it go. Caelum Audio "Beef" got me mesmerized at da moment! It's so good I would buy it again!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio ➡️
Thank you. We will check this.
Hi, I know this may be a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to create a new thread for it, and risk it not even being seen. Let me say first that I'm a fan of all the plugins I've tried, and especially love this saturation plugin and the CS-5501. Now, I noticed something strange with your ISOL8 plugin (which is freaking brilliant, btw), it seems the plugin itself imparts some tonal or sonic qualities to the source input, by default. It doesn't appear to be entirely transparent. It's very subtle, but noticeable.

I exported a quick track, one version with the plugin (default settings) and one without. I loaded both files into the DAW and reversed the polarity on one to see if they null; they didn't. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Can you check on this, thanks.
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile ➡️
Hi, I know this may be a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to create a new thread for it, and risk it not even being seen. Let me say first that I'm a fan of all the plugins I've tried, and especially love this saturation plugin and the CS-5501. Now, I noticed something strange with your ISOL8 plugin (which is freaking brilliant, btw), it seems the plugin itself imparts some tonal or sonic qualities to the source input, by default. It doesn't appear to be entirely transparent. It's very subtle, but noticeable.

I exported a quick track, one version with the plugin (default settings) and one without. I loaded both files into the DAW and reversed the polarity on one to see if they null; they didn't. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Can you check on this, thanks.
ISOL8 uses Linkwitz-Riley filter to make the multiband stuff. IIR filters create phase delays which could be noticeable (and visibile if you do the null test).
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr ➡️
Correct, neither input not output volume parameter is used from the preset if activated through user preset menu. This is done by intention :-)

In any case you can load any preset from disk (load preset ...). Then all parameters from preset are used.

Last edited by TBProAudio; 1 week ago at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Typo
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot ➡️

Unfortunately I've had constant crashing issues with all TBP plugins since years on several computers and various OS.
That's a shame. I've never had any crashing issues with their plugs over the years I've been using them on either Mac or PC.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Crashing Ableton, Reaper on macOS 10.13 right upon load...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

First, thanks for the nice freebie!
While testing it I noticed some really bad clipping noise at some settings that didn't really sound 'analogue' to me but more like a digital problem
This is a screenshot of a processed drum loop (audio of it is attached)
Gearspace.com and TBProAudio announce GSat+ FREE Advanced Saturation Plug-In-gsat-plus-waveform.png

and these are the settings:

Gearspace.com and TBProAudio announce GSat+ FREE Advanced Saturation Plug-In-gsat-screenshot.png

This happens in clean mode, stages at 5, fluctuation 0 and odd at 90 or more. Input level is at around -2VU, max peak is at -3dBFS. Doesn't matter if Clip or oversample are engaged or not, and I lowered the output level to be sure it's not my DA. If I lower the max peak level to (more healthier, granted) -6dBFS or less, it seems gone, so it is very much input level dependent.
This is on Win10, Cubase 10.5, VST3 , v1.0.1.
Attached Thumbnails
Gearspace.com and TBProAudio announce GSat+ FREE Advanced Saturation Plug-In-gsat-plus-waveform.png   Gearspace.com and TBProAudio announce GSat+ FREE Advanced Saturation Plug-In-gsat-screenshot.png  
Attached Files

gsat test processed.wav (1.72 MB, 3261 views)

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the cool plug! Sounds nice! The Odd and Even dials behave a bit weirdly for me, as in don't quite do what I would expect them to, but all else sounds really cool, including leaning into the clipper.
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzton ➡️
While testing it I noticed some really bad clipping noise at some settings that didn't really sound 'analogue' to me but more like a digital problem
We will have a look.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Check out their other plugins too, they make high quality.
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzton ➡️
Could you please PM me the orignal wave file? Thank you in advance.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
I don't know, but when I switch to warm mode and saturate sine (midhigh about 6-7k), odd and even harmonics up to 100% both, I get a lot of aliasing - 4x OS worse than 2x OS. Yes, it sounds better, but voxengo span shows way mooore harmonics at 4x, other modes are clean. So 2x shows several aliasing harmonics, but 4x shows quieter harmonics, but there are hundreds of them. I just don't understand, why 4x os does the job good sonically, but at the same time creates more dirt.
Also, if you set 99% harmonics, these dirt disappears at 4x. But this doesn't happen when 100%. 2x doesn't create extra small dirt.
Many Stages (as I remember, tested 3 or 4 Stages).

Another weirdness: is it good when more OS factor - more highs boost? Or vice versa, when lower OS/switched off, sound gets duller, darker

Also when I switched OSes, reaper crashed several times.
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux ➡️
I don't know, but when I switch to warm mode and saturate sine (midhigh about 6-7k), odd and even harmonics up to 100% both, I get a lot of aliasing - 4x OS worse than 2x OS. Yes, it sounds better, but voxengo span shows way mooore harmonics at 4x, other modes are clean. So 2x shows several aliasing harmonics, but 4x shows quieter harmonics, but there are hundreds of them. I just don't understand, why 4x os does the job good sonically, but at the same time creates more dirt.
Also, if you set 99% harmonics, these dirt disappears at 4x. But this doesn't happen when 100%. 2x doesn't create extra small dirt.
Many Stages (as I remember, tested 3 or 4 Stages).

Another weirdness: is it good when more OS factor - more highs boost? Or vice versa, when lower OS/switched off, sound gets duller, darker

Also when I switched OSes, reaper crashed several times.
Thank you for this. We will have a look
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Wow thanks!

So much amazing free stuff out there. We are totally spoiled I swear.

I know it's a small thing, but thanks for not making this free plugin not require ilok (slate fresh air wtf?) and making is easy to download, no accounts need to make, no cart, just a download. This is how you do it.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio ➡️
Thank you for this. We will have a look
If this doesn't help too much, i will try to reproduce these issues and post exact settings.

But this freebie is brilliant, great future for this plugin I hope. All your freebies are excellent
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

installed but meters are blacked out in Cubase 10.5
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you, will try it out soon
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I find this plugin to be extremely sensitive to input level. So much so that dynamic material like drums doesn't really work in it. Parts of the drums won't sound saturated at all and then loud hits will become completely overloaded digital farts. It's weird... seems broken?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Really liking the plug-in so far—great sound and feature set. However, I did manage to find a bug: the Fluctuation knob was introducing more and more erratic behaviour(wild dynamics and imaging swings) which seems plausible with a name like that, but when I wanted to dial it back to zero to hear how it sounds straight, the sound completely disappeared. On another channel only the left side survived.

In order to get the signal back you have to re-introduce the fluctuations, but by then the whole sound is unstable and pretty much unusable. I don't think I've ever heard anything like it in a plug-in! Actually, I have: the "Chaos" parameter in Stylus RMX. Strange...

This problem only seems to appear on channels with stereo information.

The workaround is to open up another instance and copy the settings but of course this needs to be fixed, unless I'm the only user with this issue.

[Reaper MacOS 10.14.6]
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibro ➡️
installed but meters are blacked out in Cubase 10.5
Missing OpenGL/Metal GFX card?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…