The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance bx_limiter True Peak
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Thks guyz for your inputs , don t want to Go OT here , but can this thing be used like a regular limter for that final touch or transient handling is a must to have something great ( understand here that can it sound great without messing around ?)
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind ➡️
Recently there was also an offer for the Sonnox limiter for little money.
There's always an offer somewhere for one of the better limiters
Yes,Elevate is currently also available until the end of May for $99 (hi praised by guys like Matt Lange or Andrew Scheps).

It sounds harsh... but the bx_limiter is crap! You just have to call a spade a spade. Any of the current limiters already mentioned is vastly superior.
Seeing a lot of established pro engineers use the BX limiter rather than just testing every limiter out.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbeatz ➡️
Seeing a lot of established pro engineers use the BX limiter rather than just testing every limiter out.

But isn’t it a recent bx product ? No one product suits all material or ways of mastering ....just would love more input how it stands up to more expensive limiters ....I see many free limiters that sound excellent in the right hands ......but curious. It’s pricey
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I don't like name-dropping. If you go by what well-known names use, you'll eventually find all the well-known plugins You'll probably even find well-known names that still use the old Waves limiters. Even old plugins like the Waves Renaissance Compressor can be found in some well-known productions.

Even though some may not like the bx_limiter, it doesn't mean that the only one who will use it is Dirk Ulrich himself The only rule that is always valid: test it yourself and form your own opinion.
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I don't like name-dropping. If you go by what well-known names use, you'll eventually find all the well-known plugins You'll probably even find well-known names that still use the old Waves limiters. Even old plugins like the Waves Renaissance Compressor can be found in some well-known productions.

Even though some may not like the bx_limiter, it doesn't mean that the only one who will use it is Dirk Ulrich himself The only rule that is always valid: test it yourself and form your own opinion.
whole PA's marketing is name-dropping.

IIRC Dirk's response to the broken metering in bx SSL's was "SSL doesn't seem to mind"
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I’m gonna try it...another flavor I guess either way. Sparingly used it can help.
Quote:
You'll probably even find well-known names that still use the old Waves limiters. Even old plugins like the Waves Renaissance Compressor can be found in some well-known productions.
I'm by no means well-known but I've worked on a fair share of records that did pretty well and have used Rcomp on every single one. Metric Halo as well. And still will. Rcomp is one of the best digital compressors made. Age means nothing if it's good!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2mix.com ➡️
I'm by no means well-known but I've worked on a fair share of records that did pretty well and have used Rcomp on every single one. Metric Halo as well. And still will. Rcomp is one of the best digital compressors made. Age means nothing if it's good!
Rvox here in pretty all vocal based projects ... the renaissance suite was and still is a beast , and it was way ahead its time at release ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Rvox here in pretty all vocal based projects ... the renaissance suite was and still is a beast , and it was way ahead its time at release ..
And as someone who refuses to update their WUP I've been rocking vintage colorway all day!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Funny story. I wanted a quick level on something so I slapped the master desk plugin on then added this at the end to make sure my TP was -1 and it was preeettty clean and loud. I honestly was surprised because I didn’t do anything but those two plugs
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With the saturation turned off and the release time set a bit slower, it doesn´t distort much at all. The default setting is not that useful.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Guyz since it's 50 % i decided to try the UAD limiter and man , this thing is superb , can't believ how it aged well !!
No doubt J. I use it plenty on individual tracks and buses.
I usually buy PA products without demoing them and did so with this limiter. Won’t happen again! No disrespect but every limiter I own that I’ve tried and would normally use, was better. I’m looking for transparent loudness. No color.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are ➡️
No doubt J. I use it plenty on individual tracks and buses.
I usually buy PA products without demoing them and did so with this limiter. Won’t happen again! No disrespect but every limiter I own that I’ve tried and would normally use, was better. I’m looking for transparent loudness. No color.
Be sure to play with release time , disengage the modules that impact the sounds to much. (Xl and filter section) . I passed on this one , also on the uad witch to my surprise doesn t respect ly bottom.contour like lets say ozone , or pro L , but i really love it when used smoothly 1/2 db of gr ... it brings that finsh polish ...
Actually trying elevate ...
you know you have 14 dayz to ask for a refund with PA , just ask for hat or a swap , they re cool and not greedy ...
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx ➡️
whole PA's marketing is name-dropping.

IIRC Dirk's response to the broken metering in bx SSL's was "SSL doesn't seem to mind"
Pretty sure if you worked with a big name artist or had plugins that you wanted to sell you would do the same thing.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Pretty sure if you worked with a big name artist or had plugins that you wanted to sell you would do the same thing.
The real question is does this makes a difference ? Do people buy plugins because of specific people use it or say it s great ? I do think that pros or veterans don t give a ..... about that .... but i might be wrong , i only base my comment on personnal experience based on students , friends and forums ....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The real question is does this makes a difference ? Do people buy plugins because of specific people use it or say it s great ? I do think that pros or veterans don t give a ..... about that .... but i might be wrong , i only base my comment on personnal experience based on students , friends and forums ....
The plug-in sounds ok. It’s not terrible nor the best plug-in ...it’s good....albeit a discounted paid helps smooth out the high asking price ....
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No, I wouldn't.

- i'd acknowledge a bug and had a fix ready soon. Everybody understands that bugs happen. Respect is gained by a prompt fix and sincere communication, not name dropping
- I wouldn't go into personal attacks and tirades with customers on public boards, as if i had a money for a lambo, i'd probably afford a PR person way more articulate and respectful to communicate with disgruntled customers. And a programmer to fix a bug.
- True quality doesn't need so so much marketing to prevail
- Furthermore, when you find a customer that's more tech savvy and spots bug fast, you ask them to beta test - not ban them.

All of the above however is predisposed with a healthy ego.
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird ➡️
Lmfao. Yeah. Cause Greg Wells, the guy that endorse EVERYTHING that gives him 1+ $ have the highest level of credibility. 😂😂 That would for me classify as something that actually makes me not wanting to buy the plugin.
Seems very strange, he seems to have a net worth of about 85M$US. Why does he even get involved, it must be peanuts for him? If something he is marketing himself rather than the plugin vendors plug.
Lives for gear

Quote:
- Furthermore, when you find a customer that's more tech savvy and spots bug fast, you ask them to beta test
Very true and most companies do.
Gear Nut

Quote:
No, I wouldn't.

- i'd acknowledge a bug and had a fix ready soon. Everybody understands that bugs happen. Respect is gained by a prompt fix and sincere communication, not name dropping
- I wouldn't go into personal attacks and tirades with customers on public boards, as if i had a money for a lambo, i'd probably afford a PR person way more articulate and respectful to communicate with disgruntled customers. And a programmer to fix a bug.
- True quality doesn't need so so much marketing to prevail
- Furthermore, when you find a customer that's more tech savvy and spots bug fast, you ask them to beta test - not ban them.

All of the above however is predisposed with a healthy ego.
Then stop buying Brainworx plugins maybe?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Then stop buying Brainworx plugins maybe?
i have...
Gear Nut

Quote:
i have...
Why are u posting in this thread then if you no longer buy Brainworx products?
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
it's a new product, hyped like a mother****er, and i downloaded the demo and tried it and joined a discussion.

I think you'd be more at home over at the FB echochamber, your "no criticism" attitude is more suited for the POSITIVE crowd.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Remember this isn't an advertising post where only good/positive comments are welcome. The whole point is to be critical whether good or bad. It leads to much more in depth evaluations of a product and cuts through initial hype.

I like the fact that we have alternative views and can discuss them and argue them sensibly without getting overly emotional someone doesn't agree with you.

EDIT: I for instance am a MEGA Bundle Subscriber.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

I’m not sure why BX set the default release time to 3ms. It’s just so blah at that point. I’m generally dropping it all the way down or bumping it up longer depending on the source material.

What have you guys been finding for the release point?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…