The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GroundControl - Free OSx Virtual Audio Driver & Control Room app
Old 9th April 2021
Here for the gear

Software GroundControl - Free OSx Virtual Audio Driver & Control Room app

Ginger Audio has announced the release of GroundControl, a Virtual Audio Driver for OS X with control room monitoring options.
https://www.gingeraudio.com/

GroundControl virtual audio drivers allow applications to pass audio to other applications with zero latency. It also allows you to pass your system sound to other applications on your Mac.

GroundControl allows you to monitor the driver's stream through your computer's internal speakers, headphones, or any audio interface you have.

It features:

A volume control knob.
In & Out meters.
Peak meter.
Dim/Mute/Mono.

GroundControl works on all OS X versions (up to the latest Big Sur) and runs also the latest Apple Arm architecture. It has 3 virtual audio drivers (2, 16 and 64 channels) + a control room application.

Download for free at https://www.gingeraudio.com/
Attached Thumbnails
GroundControl - Free OSx Virtual Audio Driver & Control Room app-groundcontrol-cube.png  
Attached Images
GroundControl - Free OSx Virtual Audio Driver & Control Room app-application-icon_100.png 

Last edited by Mac_proxy3; 3 weeks ago at 06:21 AM.. Reason: image changed
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
GroundControl is a free Soundflower alternative
This is a great free product! thank you Ginger Audio
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No manual ? I tried to figure how it works yesterday with no luck. Either the sound is routed to the app and muted, or to my speakers but the app is bypassed. It was just a quick test with a YT video running through my laptop speakers. Where am I wrong ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Thank you so much for sharing this for free!

Before I install this, I would like to know how to uninstall it completely in case this is not something I would keep in my system. No uninstaller is included in the pkg downloaded. Thank you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The app runs properly now. The laptop speakers finally appeared in the Cube for some reason. I noticed than the volume drops when the app is active. Anyway it's a great utility.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by momomel ➡️
Thank you so much for sharing this for free!

Before I install this, I would like to know how to uninstall it completely in case this is not something I would keep in my system. No uninstaller is included in the pkg downloaded. Thank you.
I have yet to install this myself, but noticed there is an uninstaller available on their FAQ page: https://www.gingeraudio.com/faq
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
This looks perfect, just what I have been needing for a long time, especially if I can use it to share system audio with Microsoft Teams *and* monitor at the same time.

Unfortunately, the link to download the software looks a bit dodgy - Safari, at least, is identifying it as a website that may be trying to steal my personal/financial information. I'm sure (I hope) this is just a temporary glitch.... anyone else seen this?
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Orff ➡️

Unfortunately, the link to download the software looks a bit dodgy - Safari, at least, is identifying it as a website that may be trying to steal my personal/financial information. I'm sure (I hope) this is just a temporary glitch.... anyone else seen this?
I am not seeing this here. Safari 14.0.1.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➡️
I am not seeing this here. Safari 14.0.1.
Interesting. Mine is 14.0.3, for what it's worth
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Right, I just noticed I am two point-updates behind. I'll update and report back.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
OK, updated to 14.0.3. Still no warnings when visiting gingeraudio.com.

It might have something to do with your ISP..? I try to remember, years ago my ISP blocked a completely harmless audio site for a while, I think it was SampleTekk.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
OK, updated to 14.0.3. Still no warnings when visiting gingeraudio.com.

It might have something to do with your ISP..? I try to remember, years ago my ISP blocked a completely harmless audio site for a while, I think it was SampleTekk.
Thank you, good point. I'm at work so maybe it's that. But just for confirmation, it's not when I visit the website, but when I follow the link to download the software.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
But just for confirmation, it's not when I visit the website, but when I follow the link to download the software.
Right.

I just gave them my email address, they sent me a link, I downloaded GroundControl Cube.pkg and opened it (didn't install though). No warnings.

I'm on Mojave, latest security update.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Seems like a nifty utility, but as someone else mentioned I am only getting about 50%-60% volume when it's active.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

@ Mac_proxy3

what is "listento-20210324-installer-osx-signed.pkg" ?? please

when i first visited .. there was no box asking for an email address ..
the resultant download was the 'listento' pkg ..
after running that and expecting to find 'ground control' somewhere
i've not managed to find what that 'listento' pkg has installed ..

ditto for the 'UninstallGroundControl.pkg'

please inform what does "listento-20210324-installer-osx-signed.pkg" install
and where on the mac it installs ..

cheers
`s`
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

OK ..
prev. post sorted methinks ..

the "listento-20210324-installer-osx-signed.pkg" .. turns out to be a plugin installer

{ for the curious .. see the attached .jpg }
Attached Thumbnails
GroundControl - Free OSx Virtual Audio Driver & Control Room app-listento.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Right.

I just gave them my email address, they sent me a link, I downloaded GroundControl Cube.pkg and opened it (didn't install though). No warnings.

I'm on Mojave, latest security update.
Happy to report that Ginger Audio have been super helpful, and I have been able to download the software with no issues. I didn't want to cast any aspersions on the company or their server security...
Very much looking forward to trying it out
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…